Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DC's EARTH ONE Line Returns With GREEN LANTERN

DC's EARTH ONE Line Returns With GREEN LANTERN

Green Lantern is venturing into DC Comics' Earth One OGN line with a new book by cartoonist Gabriel Hardman, co-writer Corinna Bechko, and artist Jordan Boyd. Green Lantern: Earth One, which is scheduled to debut March 20, 2018, will revisit Hal Jordan's origin story with two unique twists - he's a astronaut for Ferris Galactic, and all of the Green Lantern Corps have been murdered by the Manhunters - and its up to him to re-start the group.

Sounds good, though Hal's essentially Hal Jordan Rayner, but hey that's guess that's best for the people who don't like him, I suppose.

Comment

Unless there is a scene where Ganthet shows up and hands Hal a GL ring. Saying they are turning him into Kyle is a huge reach. This actually sounds interesting and might be the thing that finally brings me back to buying something GL related from DC in a longtime.
      "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

As long as it isn't part of canon I'm cool with it. Like Raker said, it's been a while. This is just like another Elseworlds story to me.

Comment

SUPER excited about this! Great looking cover and I like that they're taking a sci-fi approach to it. Maybe it'll help the writers of the GLC movie instead of just making it a "buddy cop" movie. Hal as a scientist is going to be interesting, but at least he still has that thirst for adventure.

Side note - I like that it appears they're not going to redesign the ring very much.

Comment

Did our boy finally get his shot?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Comment

I think Marz and other writers have suggested making him an astronaut before. So far I'm not a fan of the majority of the Earth 1 books. Batman being the exception.

This IS something different though, so even for being out of continuity I'm a little excited. I wonder if he'll restart the GLC with other humans, or if anybody else will work for Ferris Galactic?

~//V\\~

Comment

I never read any of them. This is the line of graphic novels that had Superman wearimg a hoodie right? He looked like a total D bag in that.

Comment

Yeah it's that line. Their Teen Titans was a bit of a letdown.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                    Did our boy finally get his shot?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
                    Lol.

I'll check this out as I've given all the other Earth One books a shot, though I've only liked the Batman and Wonder Woman ones. I'm a fan of Hardman's art so I'm excited to see what he does here (the article is misleading, Hardman's co-writing and drawing while Boyd is the colorist) but I couldn't get into him and Bechko's creator owned series, Invisible Republic, so not sure what to expect from the writing.

Too bad my dream of GL: Earth One by Warren Ellis and JH Williams III never came true.

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                      This IS something different though, so even for being out of continuity I'm a little excited.
                      Yeah, sometimes it takes an out of continuity expression of a character to reinvigorate the main franchise.... (i.e. "Return of the Dark Knight" ... okay, that's wishful thinking, but I am looking forward to this alternate take on Hal)

Comment

Looks great, I love the cover, too bad this is 8 months away.

I'm not familiar with the team but I've heard good things.

Comment

Originally posted by Raker616 View Post
                          Unless there is a scene where Ganthet shows up and hands Hal a GL ring. Saying they are turning him into Kyle is a huge reach. This actually sounds interesting and might be the thing that finally brings me back to buying something GL related from DC in a longtime.
                          People have been comparing Hal to Rayner based off the description, since it was announced. I think it sounds good though, it's a definite buy for me.

Comment

I think I've enjoyed every GL HC Graphic Novel I've read (which I believe is all of them- I suppose there could have been some disappointment I'm blocking from memory) so hopefully this will continue that streak.

Comment

This looks sweet. I'm in.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Working...
                              X