Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you feel Green Lantern enthusiasm has waned?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think from Rebirth to SCW was amazing, Prelude to Blackest Night was pretty good, I loved Blackest Night (it felt like a huge storyline), Brightest Day felt like it was laying some ground work that went nowhere, BD proper had some great moments (Deadman/Dove, Deathstorm, even the Hawk/Sapphire battle) and some poor moments (Aquawar, Hawk, Swamp Thing) complete with a horrid follow-up The Search for Swamp Thing. Brightest Day really hurt things (why give Lobo a Red ring and do NOTHING with it?), with the exception of The Butcher issue. War of the GLs felt like a decent way to end the volume, I still think that Hal should have the GL gauntlet, that item is just to fantastic to ignore. The current run of titles is decent, I rank them GL/NG/RL/GLC. However, I have no desire to read any other DCnU titles.
    http://www.facebook.com/gljosh
    http://gljoshpresents.blip.tv/
    Originally posted by BatmanofSector2814
    I have yet to see Avatar, mainly because it is the plot of Pocahontas wrapped in a "Halo vs World of Warcraft" flavored, CGI heavy shell...and I've already seen Pocahontas and played all 5 Halos...so....

Comment

Originally posted by Superlantern View Post
      While I love the characters and the movie, and so on.. I am dropping all comics before February...my 6 year cycle has come to an end
      you'll be back, THEY ALWAYS COME BACK

anyway i wish there was a 3rd option in the poll, cause i feel the enthusiasm is only somewhat waned

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

i love the comics and enjoyed blackest night for what it was when it came to the 8 books .

the movie however honestly i have no urge to watch it again and it pains me to say that.

i dropped brightest day and honestly i like the new direction its going currently
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

i love, love, love GL and will till i'm 6 feet under. He's one of my most fave characters of all time. But, as with anything else in this world, too much of something, even if it's good, is always bad.

Biggest problem i see, is that DC is trying to put out as many GL themed stuff out there as they can, but they're not really caring about the quality of it. The GL movie sucked ass, Red Lanterns is weak, New Guardians is just one big pile of sh!t, Corps is nothing new or special and Geoff Johns is running on fumes with his GL run. With the exception of the Animated series (and including the movie's toy line) everything GL centric DC/WB is putting out there is pure crap. And that waters down a character's appeal.

Comment

My enthusiasm is still very high. Not as high as it was after Sin Corps War, but I lost touch with GL while that went on and was TOTALLY blown away as I caught up.

I liked Blackest Night and the GL War. Brightest Day not so much, but that was, at best, only a tangent to GL.

So far I'm really liking the stories. And it helps that GL hasn't been reset with the rest of the DCU.

Comment

Absolutely not.

Even though the movie was expectedly ho-hum and the Brightest day sucked ass, I always have the action figures to keep my enthusiasm level sky-high... and I'm not talking about those hideously ugly Movie Masters figures.

If I ever felt the need for a recharge, I could always go back and re-read Rebirth, SC war and the beginning to the middle of Blackest Night. In addition, the current GL storylines aren't too shabby so my interest level has maintained a steady pace.

Comment

Somewhat, yes. I'm a big fan of Green Lantern, and remain so, but I'm not liking the direction this is going with Sinestro, and am discouraged by the news that it IS going to continue long term.

On the other hand, I'm pretty excited that we are FINALLY getting another GL Archive in 2012. Here's hoping they are planning to release two more after it pretty quickly...

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                  Absolutely not.

Even though the movie was expectedly ho-hum and the Brightest day sucked ass, I always have the action figures to keep my enthusiasm level sky-high... and I'm not talking about those hideously ugly Movie Masters figures.

If I ever felt the need for a recharge, I could always go back and re-read Rebirth, SC war and the beginning to the middle of Blackest Night. In addition, the current GL storylines aren't too shabby so my interest level has maintained a steady pace.
                  This guy, right here. Now THAT'S a glass half full kind of attitude.

I've got waves of figures still sitting in the case, never mind being out on display. Room REALLY became an issue this year, after the onslought of product I feebly tried to follow around.

Still, I have been enjoying the new volume of the main series. It's better than I thought it would be.

Comment

:Moderator:

My interest in GL has waned, but so too has my interest in comics. Across the board I don't get the same excitement I used to when going to the comic shop.

I would liken it to a drug/alcohol dependence - when you start, it's great, makes you feel good etc. etc. After a while, you get used to it, it doesn't do what it used to do, but at the same time you would rather have it than not.

In terms of GL specifically, I still enjoy it, but not as much as before. The forum is a prime example - I used to discuss stuff on here regarding GL all the time, I used to write in the Masters RPG, spend hours and hours on the flashchat and all that fun stuff. When I come here now, I rarely discuss GL, don't write anymore, and spend very little time in the FC.

I don't fault the comics 100% though, it's life - things change, people change, hobbies change, motivations change. I'll probably always read comics, but I don't know that "the magic" will ever return.

On a brighter note, one of the clients I work with who is obsessed with me was in an HMV with her worker one day when she ran to the shirt section and started pointing at a Green Lantern shirt - her worker asked her "are you thinking about Sebastian?" (me) and she nodded "yes" which was pretty heart warming. (I used to wear GL shirts to work all the time and draw the symbol all over the place).
                    sigpic
                    Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

That's kind of nice.

Comment

:Moderator:

Originally posted by Dave Cormier View Post
                        That's kind of nice.
                        Considering how fucked up she is...I mean..."severely mentally handicapped", it kind of is. Doesn't make up for the shit smearing though.
                        sigpic
                        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Yes and no. I am really loving GLC right now. I love that GL's are finally fighting someone without a fucking emo ring. Yea!!!

Hal's treatment post Flashpoint though is really driving down my enjoyment of the GL mythos as a whole. God I'm tired of puberty Hal. How the fuck did this guy have the focus to learn the math to fly a plane? He's literally the laughingstock of the JLA and this Co-Staring in GL with Suenestro is stupid. It used to be the other way around with Hal being the one that was amazing with the ring, and Suenestro in awe, now Hal is a groupie.

Kiss my ass Johns and get off this title. Go make Aquaman into a Black Manta comic like you make all your hero comics and let new blood write Hal!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Maverick_GL View Post
                            (I used to wear GL shirts to work all the time and draw the symbol all over the place).
                            I have no idea what line of work you're in, but are they hiring?

Comment

I know what Mav does (he's mentioned it a few times) and I wouldn't want to do it no matter how many GL shirts I could wear.

Comment

Originally posted by Synister Urge View Post
                                I have no idea what line of work you're in, but are they hiring?

I know I can wear all the GL shirts I want (or really anything, except, I'm assuming, obscene shirts, of which I own none anyway). I run a digital printing press. And, before you ask, I don't think they are hiring.

Comment

Working...
                                X