ORIGINAL SINCORPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ORIGINAL SINCORPS?

i was reading the VOL 3 showcase and came across an issue where Sinestro recruited street level thugs, gave them rings, and his old school uniforms.
    I think it was issue 57-8?
    they were pretty easily handed their asses by Hal and Alan, but wow there's a germ of an idea there--perhaps this is where Johns got the idea?

I have never heard of this. Do you have a scan?

I always though Sinestro would have to recruit some more followers if he was ever to realise his dream of taking down the Green Lanterns. He is a little outnumbered. But I also thought he was not a share the power kind of guy. And I still believe there is some kind of protocol in case some members of his corps get the idea that he should be replaced.

Comment

sorry don't have the ability to scan anything--i'm sure others here could help out.
      it kinda freaked me out 'cause in the issue Sin moves the CPB to another dimension first
      then uses his henchmen to fight Hal/Alan. pretty powerful for one guy, one ring.
      they weren't very organized -the whole thing happens in like 2-3
      pgs of the story.
      i think they actually are called the evil lanterns or evil green lanterns.
      i'll have to grab my copy of the trade when i get home (at work now)
      RichSan
      Corpse Trainee
      Last edited by RichSan; 08-04-2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Sinestro has always used others for his "Revenge", what do you think he was doing with the Qwardians he was useing them as a personal army to fight the Guardians and the GLC.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

checked my trade again last night it's actually issue 52 pgs 18-22

Comment

I have this issue! I got it way back because I thought it looked neat.

1 issue. Hal's gotten sloppy since then.

Johns tells a good tale, but if people ask "why hasn't DC done this already?" They don't know their history! Not including this instance, there has been two other Evil GL Corps ... BOTH Qwardian related!

Comment

Why do they all LOOK like Sinestro?

Comment

Awesome, its kind of nutty!

Comment

Evil Green Lanterns...corny name lol. And also...Evil Green Lanterns that don't wear GREEN.

Comment

thanks for tha scans guantlet
                    pretty whacked out shit
                    especially that evil oath-when i posted this i had no idea they colored them like koruganians-very strange since they were all human--wtf?!!?

Comment

Originally posted by RichSan View Post
                      thanks for tha scans guantlet
                      pretty whacked out shit
                      especially that evil oath-when i posted this i had no idea they colored them like koruganians-very strange since they were all human--wtf?!!?
                      They probably confused them with Sinestro himself - figured they were other Krugerians. The early days of comics, what can I tell you?

Evil Green Lanterns...corny name lol. And also...Evil Green Lanterns that don't wear GREEN.
                      Oh my God, you have no idea. In GL V2 150 the Qwardians create an Antimatter Green Laneter Corps that wears blue, has blue rings, yet shoot "black" light. Beams that are drawn exactly like GL beams, but are colored grey! And yet they are still called the Antimatter "Green" Lantern Corps!

In another issue, Eclipso creatres a "negative" image of Hal - complete with a ring. Think "black and white photo" negative. So it's all black with white shadows, right? That means a black ring. But this ring shoots red light (with purple being his weakness)!
                      Gauntlet101010
                      Alpha-Lantern
                      Last edited by Gauntlet101010; 08-06-2008, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                        I have this issue! I got it way back because I thought it looked neat.

1 issue. Hal's gotten sloppy since then.

Johns tells a good tale, but if people ask "why hasn't DC done this already?" They don't know their history! Not including this instance, there has been two other Evil GL Corps ... BOTH Qwardian related!

Oh Cool I have never seen any pages from this book before. And Alan Scott as well AWSOME!!!

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Awesome find.
                          sigpic
                          Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

I wish they would make more GL Archives, they arent far from this issue. Mabey I can find it on Ebay. Awesome find by the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet101010 View Post
                              In another issue, Eclipso creatres a "negative" image of Hal - complete with a ring. Think "black and white photo" negative. So it's all black with white shadows, right? That means a black ring. But this ring shoots red light (with purple being his weakness)!
                              The actual error there is the fact that the negative Hal was a black-and-white photo negative, instead of a color photo negative. The chromatographic opposite of green and yellow is red and purple, respectively.

DL

Comment

Working...
                              X