Green Lantern Corps Mac/Windows system icons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Corps Mac/Windows system icons

Hey, all - I whipped up a really cool GLC icon for both Mac and PC, scaled from 512x512 all the way to 16x16. Pretty neat way to spruce up your desktop, GLC style.

This link is expired. Go to my May 26 post for the updated icons. -Doug
    DougG_ATL
    Senior Corps Member
    Last edited by DougG_ATL; 05-26-2009, 06:12 PM.

Will they automatically be put in place after you download them? If not, how do you implement them?

Comment

doubt they'll be automatic...

i'll have a look at them and see whats the what

M

Comment

ok, there's one icon in the zip file...

Both in Windows and Mac format...

download is safe though

M

Comment

No, they're two separate files. One's a standard Mac OS X icon (you can use 'Get Info,' right click and copy the icon, then copy over the icon of any file on your system). For PC (depending on which version of Windows), you can change the icon by right clicking and going to properties. The vast majority of PC folders and files can have the icon changed.

Comment

Originally posted by methos View Post
            doubt they'll be automatic...

i'll have a look at them and see whats the what

M
            Cool, let me know how to use them. And I'm glad to see you back M.

Comment

Nice work Doug! I'll be using this for sure!

Have you thought about doing some of the various GL symbols out there? (kyle's, alan's, ion's, etc)

And of course this is going to be asked of you very soon, but are you planning on making one for each of the other corps?
              For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

Originally posted by myuserid View Post
                Cool, let me know how to use them. And I'm glad to see you back M.
                just use it like you would do a normal icon...

it's in standard ICO format, so windows recognises it as a standard choice for my computer or any folder / file type

M

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                  Nice work Doug! I'll be using this for sure!

Have you thought about doing some of the various GL symbols out there? (kyle's, alan's, ion's, etc)

And of course this is going to be asked of you very soon, but are you planning on making one for each of the other corps?
                  Yes - I already started playing with a Black Lantern version, with Star Sapphire, Orange, Red and Indigo to follow. I need to make some clean illustrations of the Sinestro and Blue corps logos before I can make those into icons.

Comment

Originally posted by DougG_ATL View Post
                    Yes - I already started playing with a Black Lantern version, with Star Sapphire, Orange, Red and Indigo to follow. I need to make some clean illustrations of the Sinestro and Blue corps logos before I can make those into icons.
                    I have a couple that are in black and white. Sinestro, GL, and RL symbols. Also have the psd if you are interested.

Comment

Okay, everyone! I completed the whole set of Lantern Corps symbol icons. Both PC and Mac versions are included in the ZIP file. I tested them all and they work nicely in both operating systems. The Sinestro Corps one is the toughest, because a yellow icon on white doesn't show well. I may create an alternate Sinestro version that is more useful.

http://rapidshare.com/files/23751084...onset.zip.html
                      http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RVSPZV40

Comment

The white icon is alright dependant on the backdrop that you are using at the time...

as all icons are on a transparant layer, they show up fine on a dark backdrop...

Overall, kick ass work though

M

Comment

Methos, my sample image was on a white background just to show what the icons look like. The actual icons are transparent, like you said.

Ask, and ye shall receive...here are Sodam Yat Ion, Kyle Rayner Ion and an alternate Sinestro version.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=GXAGTPMP
                          DougG_ATL
                          Senior Corps Member
                          Last edited by DougG_ATL; 05-26-2009, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Doug I love the work that you've done on these!!

I especially like that you were able to create a variety of GL logos. This way I can have a few different GL logos on the desktop.

Keep up the great work!!
                            For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Comment

Ohh... an Alan Scott icon should be requested.

(trying to think of other GL icons...........)

Comment

Working...
                              X