Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks man. It's definitely been an interesting experience.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see it finished.

Comment

Thanks Trigger. As the comic comes closer and closer to crunch time and release I'll have this thread updated more regularly.

Comment

I call dibs on one of the first 10 signed copies!!!!!!!
          I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
            I call dibs on one of the first 10 signed copies!!!!!!!
            What? Where? Is there a sign up list I missed?

Comment

LOL No but I'm just throwing that out there.
              I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

What about a Deadpool? Can I kill Tazz for beating me in biggest asshole competition of the GLC?

But seriously though dude, you write comicbooks???????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

What kind of format do you use to write the comicbooks, I'd like to give it a go myself one day, plus me and a bunch of other people on this other forum are making comicbooks (just digital one though and exclusive to the site) and I could kind of do with some help with it.
                Originally posted by IonFan
                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                Originally posted by Quaker
                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
                  What about a Deadpool? Can I kill Tazz for beating me in biggest asshole competition of the GLC?

But seriously though dude, you write comicbooks???????? AWESOME!!!!!!!!!

What kind of format do you use to write the comicbooks, I'd like to give it a go myself one day, plus me and a bunch of other people on this other forum are making comicbooks (just digital one though and exclusive to the site) and I could kind of do with some help with it.
                  There is no strict format for writing comic books, which is one of the great things about it. The gist you want to keep in mind is that each panel you write is not in motion, which is one of the hardest things to grasp. Your panels aren't animated, so you have to describe a scene with action that doesn't have any actual movement.

And give some freedom to your artists to explore. Nothing worse than seeing a script where the writer is all strict and demanding, instead of being open and inviting to the artist.

Love your artist

Also, be patient with your first script and hire an editor. I went through 4 re-writes before my script was anywhere ready to be published. And you won't know that because of ego; until you hire an editor who can point that stuff out.
                  JohnnyV
                  Pictionary Master
                  Last edited by JohnnyV; 04-29-2013, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                    What? Where? Is there a sign up list I missed?
                    No, but I will have a Kickstarter where signed copies will be one of the levels. For most people on the board I wouldn't do all that though, probably would just charge shipping Or if you come visit me at one of the cons I hope to get a booth for.

Comment

Also if you manage to get a booth at NYCC whenever you do get to go I am more than happy to assist.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                        There is no strict format for writing comic books, which is one of the great things about it. The gist you want to keep in mind is that each panel you write is not in motion, which is one of the hardest things to grasp. Your panels aren't animated, so you have to describe a scene with action that doesn't have any actual movement.

And give some freedom to your artists to explore. Nothing worse than seeing a script where the writer is all strict and demanding, instead of being open and inviting to the artist.

Love your artist

Also, be patient with your first script and hire an editor. I went through 4 re-writes before my script was anywhere ready to be published. And you won't know that because of ego; until you hire an editor who can point that stuff out.
                        Ah, cool! My dielema though is I have to do it over the net for now, if I was doing it normaly like you are, I could just do it however I wanted, but over the net it's alot harder.

Yeah, we're working in a team of four, so that'll be easy.

I do. (no homo)

Yeah, I may need to act as a sort of editor. I can get a bit big headed sometimes, but I can just see that a few of my teammates ideas wn't work and are too basic. Once you salvage the basics and give it a new background if you will though, everyone's ideas are golden. Somettimes I need to add more detail into everyones ideas, although I have to admit some of my ideas also need a boost. But hopefully if nothing else, our comic won't be awfull.
                        Originally posted by IonFan
                        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                        Originally posted by Quaker
                        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

And now my comic is completely lettered. So crazy, but great to see your characters get voices for the first time since you've been working on the project. The letters being done means from a technical sense, that it's completely finished. However, the journey is just now starting as I hunt for a publisher (or decide on self-publishing) and try to build up the hype train. So if you know anyone with a blog, podcast, or any other comic book/pop culture avenue that would like to have a hungry comic book creator to come on and talk...let me know. Seriously, I'll rub pie in my face if it's what it takes

Here's a preview of the letters.

JohnnyV
                          Pictionary Master
                          Last edited by JohnnyV; 06-19-2013, 10:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                            And now my comic is completely lettered. So crazy, but great to see your characters get voices for the first time since you've been working on the project. The letters being done means from a technical sense, that it's completely finished. However, the journey is just now starting as I hunt for a publisher (or decide on self-publishing) and try to build up the hype train. So if you know anyone with a blog, podcast, or any other comic book/pop culture avenue that would like to have a hungry comic book creator to come on and talk...let me know. Seriously, I'll rub pie in my face if it's what it takes

Here's a preview of the letters.

Trigger likes this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigger View Post
                              Trigger likes this post.
                              Thanks!

If you want to know more about the comic, can visit the Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TheNobodiesComic or website : www.thenobodiescomic.com (which will be updated on a more regular basis now that the comic is finished).

Comment

If anyone would like a free review copy of the first issue for a blog, publication, or website, please let me know.
                                JohnnyV
                                Pictionary Master
                                Last edited by JohnnyV; 07-05-2013, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X