The Last Game You Played Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Last Game You Played Thread

Just thought I'd start this up. We talk about releases coming up, I know Mr. Dragon talked about starting up some reviews. We have this sort of thread for comic books, movies, and television. Why not video games?

Just beat this in the wee hours of the morning. I'm going to try and beat it, Awakening, and Dragon Age II, before Inquisition comes out in October.

Overall, I actually enjoyed it more than I did the first time through all the years ago when it first came out. Most of the game I used Morrigan, Leliana, and Oghren.

I played it on the PC with a HD mod installed so the graphics didn't feel quite as dated as they could have. The facial animations still irked me though, and holy shit the game has some of the worst facial hair in the history of video game facial hair.

I forgot just how much the system felt like the old Forgotten Realms BioWare games, with the tactical isometric 3rd person perspective. It was a breath of fresh air, compared to the more action based PC RPGs which have come out recently.

I respect the story now, more so than before after the popularity Game of Thrones. This game preceded the television show, yet you can feel the inspiration from the books. This is a very mature and fleshed out story. Within the backdrop that is the darkspawn and dragons, rests political intrigue, diverse and interesting characters. Choices and alliances that actually do have a profound impact on the world. All leading up to a pretty satisfying conclusion if played right.

If you have any interest in Inquisition coming out, I highly recommend checking out Origins to get you ready.
    JohnnyV
    Pictionary Master
    Last edited by JohnnyV; 07-03-2014, 05:39 PM.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

I've been playing this when I can squeeze it in.

Haven't played that much, though. Working a lot, and the kids want time on the game, too.

Comment

Started this up for the first time earlier.

Play this with Iggy for a couple of hours for my review coming up soon.

And still playing this right now for another review, and I'm enjoying the shit out of it.
      As the seventh seal is broken, the four shall ride once more. Bringing the wrath of War

But what starts with War, ends with Death

Comment

Persona 3 & 4 are great games. I think I enjoyed 3 more.

Comment

The Last of Us- I finished the game a couple of weeks ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. There's a version that's being released for the PS4, but it's going to be the same game. o_O

I think I'll either finish GTA V next or take up Uncharted 2.

Comment

I've been playing this a lot since I bought it about 2 weeks ago, as I am a pretty much lifelong fan.

I've also been playing this quite a bit since I bought it for my ps3 last week for £2 (about $3.43). I've not played GTA V yet, however

This I've had for a while, but I've just started it today. Brilliant series, in my opinion. And I can't wait for the 2.5 remix.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
            When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Playing Walking Dead season 2 ep. 3

Comment

I'm getting destroyed in KI

Comment

Finally finished Assassin's Creed II. Yeah, I've never actually gotten around playing the sequels.
                  Much better than the first one though, still the controls are somewhat wonky.

Comment

Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                    Finally finished Assassin's Creed II. Yeah, I've never actually gotten around playing the sequels.
                    Much better than the first one though, still the controls are somewhat wonky.
                    Love Assassin's Creed 2. Took me forever to finish that shit. I hated doing decoding those glyphs.

Comment

Attempting to play Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age II simultaneously. I never did understand all the hatred for DA2. The one knock against it is the lack of diverse locales. But I thought the story was solid and had a good cast of characters.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                        Attempting to play Dragon Age: Awakening and Dragon Age II simultaneously. I never did understand all the hatred for DA2. The one knock against it is the lack of diverse locales. But I thought the story was solid and had a good cast of characters.
                        I agree. Personally, I absolutely loved the story and the characters (Anders being a personal favourite of mine. He is awesome). Yes, the lack of diverse locales wasn't the greatest thing ever, but I didn't mind it.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                        When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

YGOPRO for Android. The download takes a while, but the payoff is great. It has all the current cards (even cards that haven't been released yet) and all the correct rulings. I stopped playing Candy Crush Saga to a degree because of this game.

Comment

Finally beat this game, first Final Fantasy game I started. Feels so good to finish it.

Comment

Working...
                            X