why doesnt john wear his wedding ring anymore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• why doesnt john wear his wedding ring anymore

john used to wear his wedding ring as well as his gl ring in volume 3 i dont remember when or if he got rid of it or has his marriage to katma tui been retconned away? picture this hal and arisia bumming around john and katma mooching then star saphirre chopping katma up

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
    john used to wear his wedding ring as well as his gl ring in volume 3 i dont remember when
    Really? I never noticed that.

Originally posted by TEN_RINGS View Post
    has his marriage to katma tui been retconned away?
    And no, fortunately they didn't retconned it.... At least yet.

Comment

Well, they killed Katma over 20 years ago, so I don't think it was on a list of things artists were supposed to draw on John.

With BN coming up though, I expect they'll retcon a couple of things in there to show John's been in mourning all along, even though her death has hardly been mentioned ove the decades.

Comment

Probably because majority of the John Stewart fans only really know the JLU version and have never heard of Katma Tui. This goes for a lot of writers and artists as well.

Comment

He has no reason to wear the ring anymore. "Till death do you part." Death did them part. And he's dated since her death, too.

Comment

The price of gold is at an all time high and John hasn't had a steady job in 37 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Limelantern View Post
              Probably because majority of the John Stewart fans only really know the JLU version and have never heard of Katma Tui. This goes for a lot of writers and artists as well.
              Thats no true. Katma Tui appeared in the Justice League animated series. Especially in the episode with Despero.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                He has no reason to wear the ring anymore. "Till death do you part." Death did them part. And he's dated since her death, too.
                You have a good point, though I did see him wearing in Vol 3 also.
                Originally posted by Mosaic View Post
                Thats no true. Katma Tui appeared in the Justice League animated series. Especially in the episode with Despero.

Even so, the "fans" probably didn't know or care.

Comment

What happen with that blue chick from the Darkstars?
                  I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

Originally posted by unclegnewman View Post
                    The price of gold is at an all time high and John hasn't had a steady job in 37 years.

John has a stack of money stashed in his apartment, and a few stacks at the Hall of Justice. Its what we do. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mycroft View Post
                      What happen with that blue chick from the Darkstars?
                      I know that they separated on her terms. She was going to end up modelling or something. I think she said she wanted to find her own way so she could know that she could make it without John. Some kind of lame story to get rid of her.

Not sure what happened to her after that though.
                      For what shall it profit a man if he should gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?

Everybody who lives dies, but not everybody who dies has lived - No Fear

Comment

Thanks Morph.
                        I Make my Own T-Shirts

Comment

maybe john gave his gold wedding ring to green arrow IN CASE OF EMERGENCY or maybe mongul stole it for his collection? either way i would like to see little things like that wrapped up or taken care of in the stories

Comment

and especially if katma makes an appearance in blackest night it would be good for john to have that ring on .......she might get upset

Comment

Originally posted by Morph View Post
                              I know that they separated on her terms. She was going to end up modelling or something. I think she said she wanted to find her own way so she could know that she could make it without John. Some kind of lame story to get rid of her.

Not sure what happened to her after that though.
                              She hasn't appeared at all post-Winick.

Comment

Working...
                              X