Larfleeze cancelled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Larfleeze cancelled

Ends with issue 12 this June. Loved the character but the book was all wrong. Crap writing (juvenile humor every other sentence) and horrible muddled art. Deserves to be cancelled.

Anyone want to take bets on how long the Sinestro Corps will last?

And I say that The Red Lanterns and The New Guardians are on borrowed time.

Comment

Finally!

And I'd say ditch RL before NG. NG is the only Lantern book trying to do something different.
      The last fan of 1990s comics
      Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

RLs is the only decent book left. I'm close to finishing with NG to be honest, and I've already quit GL and GLC long ago.
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

I think Red Lanterns will go before New Guardians ever gets in danger. The New Guardians book can always be the go-to book for the spectrum, so they would probably try that before dumping it. Sinestro's book should last at least a year. Obviously, if Johns had been writing it, the shelf life would probably be longer regardless of sales.
            "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
            Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
            Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
            who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
            to change the world. This time, Lord...
            Let me be worthy."

Comment

Can't believe it lasted 12 issues.

Comment

well that took forever

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

It took 12 issues too long, but better late than never.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectremjm View Post
                    The New Guardians book can always be the go-to book for the spectrum, so they would probably try that before dumping it.
                    Exactly, they already changed the nature of the book once. It's a chameleon book, if it doesn't work they can just change it because NG can be anything.
                    RL will always just be about angry red langern douchebags.

Comment

This is hardly shocking. I'll probably pick it up once it's collected in TPB form. I like Larf, but he's just not deep enough to be the centerpiece of a book. However, he could be beneficial to the RL,NG, SC titles in the future.
                      Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

With Johns long gone and sales slipping into the abyss, DC will never put any real effort into the rainbow brigade again. Larfleeze' cancellation is the beginning of the end of that sad chapter. Red Lanterns and Sinestro will be next.

Comment

We need a retcon that'll erase the past ten years of GL. Just like Rebirth retconned the previous sixty.
                          The last fan of 1990s comics
                          Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Originally posted by SD80MAC View Post
                            We need a retcon that'll erase the past ten years of GL. Just like Rebirth retconned the previous sixty.
                            Yes.

Comment

Instead of retconning all of it away, I'd rather a story be done where the ability to link to the emotional spectrum is permanently severed. People still have emotions, but they can no longer use them to fuel a power ring. The entities all leave this universe.

The only one that stays usable is green because, hey...willpower isn't a fucking emotion! Someone could use THAT piece of logic for once!

Then all of the other skittles characters either be absorbed into the GLC, go away, or become villains with some other power source (Atrocitus resurrects the Five Inversions for instance).

Comment

Working...
                              X