No announcement yet.

Green Lantern #65 *Preview/Spoilers*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't we already see Hal go through all the rings between the end of the Sin War and the War of Light? I seriously don't wanna read all that AGAIN just with a different villain. So what if he didn't wear a yellow uniform like he is on that cover when he wore a ton of yellow rings, it's still Hal wearing a ring that isn't green and we've seen that now too many times IMHO.

~KL~

Comment

Maybe the designation changed when John became Honor Guard
      Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
        Didn't we already see Hal go through all the rings between the end of the Sin War and the War of Light? I seriously don't wanna read all that AGAIN just with a different villain. So what if he didn't wear a yellow uniform like he is on that cover when he wore a ton of yellow rings, it's still Hal wearing a ring that isn't green and we've seen that now too many times IMHO.

~KL~
        Hal has worn most rings, but i still don`t think he has gone Indigo or violet... (yet)

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
          That actually is a good point. Because otherwise, it is a mistake.
          "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
          Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
          Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
          who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
          to change the world. This time, Lord...
          Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by RainbowLantern View Post
            Hal has worn most rings, but i still don`t think he has gone Indigo or violet... (yet)
            And to be fair, if he goes yellow alone, without his green ring on, we haven't seen that before. All his other ring changes were when he still had his green ring on too (Red, Blue, Orange, Yellow), despite his ring's various stages of functionality during the crossovers. If they can't use their green rings because of Parallax, it makes sense for them to use other rings until Krona and Parallax can be defeated.
            "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
            Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
            Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
            who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
            to change the world. This time, Lord...
            Let me be worthy."

Comment

Originally posted by ns2 View Post
              Right, there are only two GLs per sector so only 2814.1 and 2814.2 are real positions.The Honor Guard positions are completely separate, if my understanding is correct.

Comment

Guy is Honor Guard too.... so John being Honor Guard should not make a difference.

Comment

I like that cover, but Hal once already tried using the yellow rings and couldn't get them to work right because according to Sinestro, he couldn't master fear. What changed since then?

Comment

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
                    I like that cover, but Hal once already tried using the yellow rings and couldn't get them to work right because according to Sinestro, he couldn't master fear. What changed since then?
                    I for one hope stays with the Sinestro Corps!!!! bwhahahahahaha

BATLANTERN has spoken!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

10 fingers....7 rings....there's even room for 3 more....or 1 more if you leave the thumbs out....anyone got a spare Legionaire's Ring?

Comment

Originally posted by TheHorseman View Post
                        10 fingers....7 rings....there's even room for 3 more....or 1 more if you leave the thumbs out....anyone got a spare Legionaire's Ring?
                        I want one of those legion rings too T.T

Comment

Originally posted by GUYCORPS View Post
                          You are correct GUY is Green Lantern designate sector 2814.3!
                          Unfortunately someone wasn't doing their homework or it's been retconned.

Even though GUY was Hal's backup he only became a GL after John Stewart because he was injured in a bus accident on top of a bridge saving a young girl, if i remember correctly.

Hal Jordan= Showcase 22 2814.1
                          John Stewart= Green Lantern 87 2814.2
                          GUY GARDNER= Green Lantern 116 officially, even though he was a GL in an alternative timeline in GL 59. 2814.3
                          Guy didn't become the official GL of sectore 2814 until GL vol 3 #9. Before then he was an alternate, just like John was until GL vol 2 #182.

In that context, John would be 2814.2 and Guy would be 2814.3. Kyle being 2814.4 did get technical designation of sector 2814 during his run, though I can't remember the issue. I just remember Ganthet or whoever telling him that sector was his responsibility even if there weren't GLs patrolling the other sectors anymore.

Comment

As for Hal on the cover in a SC uniform, no big surprise there so I'm not mad at myself for peeking. It's an effective cover and really, who else could it be that anyone would talk about?

Comment

I wonder if he'll actually have the uniform in that issue...or if it's simply him putting on the ring and using it to an extent

Comment

i think that he will distribute the new guardians rings to Guy, John and kyle. This is where guy will go red again, Kyle go blue, and who knows for John.

Comment

Working...
                                X