Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Alan Moore Tales of the GLC story relevant to the Sinestro Corps War?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Alan Moore Tales of the GLC story relevant to the Sinestro Corps War?

I read this, and it makes sense:

When the Guardians are interrogating Cyborg Superman, a Guardian named Sayd mentions Abin Sur's discovery, which another Guardian dismisses as a lie.

That references a GLC story by Alan Moore in which Abin Sur visits a planet of demons who hate the Guardians. One of them offers to answer any three questions Sur asks. The story implies that the demon is omniscient and speaks only the truth, but tells (in good old-fashioned ghost-story style) the truth in a way that deceives the listener into misinterpreting it. The first question the demon answers helps Sur complete his mission of the day (tells the truth). The second question the demon answers tells Sur how he will die and that his successor will be the greatest Green Lantern of his time. There is a trick which I won't go into such that this information actually CAUSES Sur's death. But the demon speaks the truth.

The third thing the demon says is an account of how the GL core will end, with an assault from multiple enemies that will kill all GLs, last of all Mogo, and then end with demons ruling Oa. The enemies will include the weaponers of Qward, "Children of the White Lobe", and "The Empire of Tears" (which includes the very demon telling Sur the story).
    Attached Files

I caught this as well. Funny, the annual in question even has sciencells in it... definitely an influence on the current Sinestro Wars arc, but it's a good influence.

There's far, far worse things to pick up plot threads from than vintage Alan Moore.

Comment

Here's a scan of the page that pretty much lays it out:

Comment

"Sodam Yat...Hailed as the Ultimate Green Lantern"

I cant believe I havent realized this before I guess we can figure who the next Ion is
        GLJIMT
        Last edited by GLJIMT; 07-03-2007, 12:18 AM.
        My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

Where exactly was Sodam Yat mentioned recently? Which book and issue if you know?

Comment

Originally posted by 5-ball View Post
            Where exactly was Sodam Yat mentioned recently? Which book and issue if you know?
            I don't have the issue number, but it was in GLC. Kilowog was doing some training in the GLC "Danger Room", and I think that was where he referred to one of the rookies as "Yat". Not conclusive, but given all the other stuff popping up recently, I'm assuming it WAS supposed to be Sodom Yat.

Comment

Demons dancing on Oa playing drums with the Guardian's skin? That's pretty wicked evil.

Comment

"Drums bound with taut blue skin" are awesomely wicked. They've got that story among a few other G.L. tales in Alan Moore's DCU trade. The Empire of Tears, Rot Lop Fan, and Mogo... I think that guy really had a bead on the G.L. Corps like few other writers.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Amazing how GLC #11 recants this. And then the next page (not scanned), the Guardians are talking about they've noted a resurgence of activity of the "Children of the White Lobe" and that "Ranx has once again opposed our Lanterns."

Kickass!

Though I think the artist on GLC #11 misinterpreted the panel in the "Tales of the Green Lantern Corps" Annual #2. As a Daxian (quasi-Kryptonian) those were supposed to be beams shooting out of his eyes, not rods being rammed into them.

Comment

This is all apart of the reboot in my opion. Word is, with all of the giant things going on in the DCU, that a total reboot is on the way. Alot of the things from Kingdome Come are showing up and I think they are pulling out alot of the old stuff to show were the DCU is going.

Comment

Originally posted by FrEaKjOkErXXX View Post
                      This is all apart of the reboot in my opion. Word is, with all of the giant things going on in the DCU, that a total reboot is on the way. Alot of the things from Kingdome Come are showing up and I think they are pulling out alot of the old stuff to show were the DCU is going.
                      A lot of the stuff from Kingdom Come... Yeah, like the entire Universe is already confirmed as being one of the 52.
                      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

There won't be any reboot, not with as much as Didio has invested into carefully molding the 80s-90s continuity of the DCU in the present into what it was in the 70s. It's already exactly where he wants it, a reboot would only serve to scare away their readership for no good reason -- everything he doesn't like has already been retconned away anyway.

Comment

Ya gotta love the rabid polar bear guy.

Comment

Still though, that is very interesting. I would hate to see Mogo Die though. I just think it is cool for a planet to be a green lantern. I mean how can you replace that???

Comment

There won't be any reboot, not with as much as Didio has invested into carefully molding the 80s-90s continuity of the DCU in the present into what it was in the 70s. It's already exactly where he wants it, a reboot would only serve to scare away their readership for no good reason -- everything he doesn't like has already been retconned away anyway.
                              Pfft, I have a dc universe reboot button on my computer like Dido, heres the proof.

Comment

Working...
                              X