Terminator: Dark Fate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminator: Dark Fate

Looks like Edward Furlong is going to be in it as John Connor. Huh.

https://comicbook.com/movies/2019/07...vifja00I9MTW_8

This movie is going to be a trainwreck. Hard pass for me, especially after the last one. Not interested in the trannynator and his/her girl gang.

Comment

^That seems to be the general view of Terminator fans, but I found Genisys worth the watch (and even worth the purchase---at a discount) and like them bringing Linda back. For all the diversity trends in Hollywood, they treat aging actresses like crap, so I'm all for remembering the 50+ ladies.

Comment

Genesys was terrible. Really strong start, but as it went on, it became more and more of a debacle. That's not how time travel has ever worked in the franchise. And I have no idea what was more cringe inducing. The worst Sarah Connor ever, the worst John Connor ever, an old and pathetic looking Arnie or not using Matt Smith to his full potential. Bah.

Bringing back Cameron, Hamilton and Furlong is certainly sending a message. I'll watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
          Genesys was terrible. Really strong start, but as it went on, it became more and more of a debacle. That's not how time travel has ever worked in the franchise. And I have no idea what was more cringe inducing. The worst Sarah Connor ever, the worst John Connor ever, an old and pathetic looking Arnie or not using Matt Smith to his full potential. Bah.

Bringing back Cameron, Hamilton and Furlong is certainly sending a message. I'll watch it.
          Actually, I agree with pretty much all of that and the time travel retcon annoyed me even in theater. I just tend to find a movie redeemable if it has good moments and I felt like they were there in T:G (like the observatory bit or taking a look at what aging organic bits would look like). I might not even have bought it if it wasn't for my completitionist tendencies (a tendency I have been willing to break in view of the Star Wars franchise) and aforementioned discount.

Comment

You see, I didn't buy Genesys, even though I have all Terminator movies before.
            On the other hand, I did buy the Disney Star Wars movies, and they've grown on me on repeated viewings once I realized that all of my points of criticism boiled down to "I would have done it differently".

Comment

You see, I didn't buy Genesys, even though I have all Terminator movies before.
              On the other hand, I did buy the Disney Star Wars movies, and they've grown on me on repeated viewings once I realized that all of my points of criticism boiled down to "I would have done it differently".
              Understandable. Doesn't work for me, though, since my criticism is I wouldn't have done it at all because the story was finished in 1983. I could apply that to Terminator, but T2 was a good and reasonable follow-up, so it became a franchise in my mind (whereas Star Wars is a trilogy to me).
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 07-20-2019, 01:41 PM.

Comment

You forgot "appallingly bad Kyle Reese."

Comment

I'm sure they will kill off Furlong after he makes a brief cameo to hand over the baton of savior of mankind tho that Disney starlet looking kid in the movie. He's not in any of the promo material so far so I fully expect him to be cannon fodder early on in the film.

Comment

Terminator: Dark Fate Starts 'Right After T2' Says Makeup Designer

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
                      You forgot "appallingly bad Kyle Reese."
                      I kinda forgot Reese was in Genisys.

Comment

Also, Dark Fate director: "I think the brand has been tainted."

Comment

Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh.....

Comment

5 minutes of footage here:

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Final trailer:

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Looks like we've reached the point in its marketing where they're panicking and showing us huge chunks of the film before it comes out.

Comment

I dunno, I'm kinda looking forward to it. I thought the last one was pretty cool with "Pops", no gripes about that movie. I just wish they would make up their minds about a correct timeline because it seems every installment after T3 is a new timeline created. It's like drunk Troi.

Comment

Working...
                              X