No announcement yet.

Marvel News Thread Vol. 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Estavez is literally the most profitable actor in the country. For every dollar invested in him, you earn six back. Makes Dwayne Johnson, George Clooney, Mel Gibson, and all the others look like amateurs.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

He also gave us The Mighty Ducks trilogy which is second only to the Toy Story trilogy.

Comment

Disney ends ban on LA Times amid fierce backlash

Comment

Comment

Eh. I don’t hate it.

Comment

Mahmund is just awful with the costumes. I don't know if he designed that or the horrible New52 Supergirl costume he was drawing, but he seems to continuously get attached to shit draws if that's not the case.

Like with all X-books, it depends entirely on the creative team. I tried to read Taylor's Wolverine but never got very far with it.

Comment

I may love the X-Men, but I'm not gonna be loving that series very much at all.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  Mahmund is just awful with the costumes. I don't know if he designed that or the horrible New52 Supergirl costume he was drawing, but he seems to continuously get attached to shit draws if that's not the case.

Like with all X-books, it depends entirely on the creative team. I tried to read Taylor's Wolverine but never got very far with it.
                  Update: That is 100% an mahmund design. Sigh

Comment

If she's not gonna be Phoenix why bother bringing her back? I don't understand Marvel's need to have their cake and eat it too with two versions of everyone running around. They brought the original five X-Men to the present because they wanted to modernize them, make Bobby gay, let Beast be non-hairy [that transformation happened on his time during Avengers BTW], start over with Angel, and have a version of Jean again... now they're bringing adult Jean back just to lead ANOTHER team of X-Men?!?

Marvel just needs to hit the reset button already and start the whole line over again. The X-Men are unrecognizable and a half dozen Spider-people only cheapens the value of the real Spiderman [who they're not handling right either IMHO]. And for all of their Avengers related titles and other solo monthlies... I can't name a single one off the top of my head I'm even remotely interested in.

~//V\\~

Comment

How can you say start over but complain that they just wanted to modernize the X-men?

Also, there's no reason to modernize the X-Men, when they were already adults in the modern world. lol They should make Jean a leader because she's never been the leader. I don't like Jean, but if they're going to have her around then fuck it. Have her do something special. Jean will still have powers and its not a Jean book, so we'll have other mutants to keep us interested.

Comment

I feel like they should kill off the Old Jean and resurrect the Young Jean.

Yes, it makes more sense than half the shit going on right now. It'd sell.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          How can you say start over but complain that they just wanted to modernize the X-men?

Also, there's no reason to modernize the X-Men, when they were already adults in the modern world. lol They should make Jean a leader because she's never been the leader. I don't like Jean, but if they're going to have her around then fuck it. Have her do something special. Jean will still have powers and its not a Jean book, so we'll have other mutants to keep us interested.
                          They turned the X-Men into an unrecognizable franchise to get SJW points across the board, and then thought doing it with other titles would make the initial move suck less. I think rebooting the entire line could get us back to simpler stories with histories being a lot less convoluted, and if they want to integrate some of the better parts of ANAD Marvel then do so in a more natural way instead of one thing after the other changing for a solid two years until a specific amount of heroes and villains are gender/ethnicity/sexuality swapped. I'm a fan of female Thor and understand she has fans, so two or three arcs into a rebooted Thor let's have something like Battle of the Hammer with a reborn Thunderstrike, Beta Ray Bill, Thor, and introduce female Thor to take the hammer and roll with it for awhile.

Marvel could learn from DC's last couple power plays. They can determine what worked in the beginning of the New52 and what was done better with Rebirth and apply that to their universe. Instead we get super convoluted stories, multiple versions of the same character [you can't build a legacy with two versions of the same character and just make one younger], tons of spin off titles nobody asked for, the moronic 'patchwork planet' concept, and last but certainly not least... they got rid of the Fantastic Four!

Marvel simply needs somebody who cares enough about the comics to do with them what's being done with the Marvel/Disney films. Trim the fat, find a fresh starting point, and tie it into everything else being done in some form or fashion.

Imagine 50-65 new #1's for Marvel and instead of a stupid gimmick like Pandora... imagine Uatu the Watcher showing up in the background before something big happens with him a year later. Or maybe a member of the Council of Reeds in every issue in the background... there's just so many ways Marvel could knock this out of the park.

Anything is better than half a dozen Spiderman spin-offs, sub par Avengers titles, a world without the F4, unrecognizable X-Men, and a dozen heroes gender/ethnicity/sexuality swapped in record time.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          I feel like they should kill off the Old Jean and resurrect the Young Jean.

Yes, it makes more sense than half the shit going on right now. It'd sell.
                          They already killed Young Jean? If so IDK why they think bringing old Jean back and making her the leader of another X team would be any better. IMHO the whole line sucks pretty bad right now.

~//V\\~

Comment

Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                            They already killed Young Jean?
                            No. I'm making a comment that critiques the inane actions being done in Marvel comics of some time now.

Comment

Jean Grey needs a code name like the others. Marvel should run a contest and let the fans come up with one.

Comment

Have they backed away completely from labeling her Marvel Girl now?

I don't know it's been a very long time since I've read an X-men comic.
                                http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X