Do you care about Baz and Jessica?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you care about Baz and Jessica?

Because it kind of seems like... no one does, really? Or am I way off?
    Yes, both
    20.83%
    Just Baz
    0.00%
    Just Jessica
    16.67%
    No, neither
    62.50%

I would care about them only as burnt corpses. Owen and Beru style.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
      Because it kind of seems like... no one does, really? Or am I way off?
      Someone here claims their wife is a big Cruz fan (sorry I can't remember you, bud).

Comment

My wife was vaguely interested to hear that there was a female GL that hails from Portland , OR, since that's where we live. But she doesn't care enough to read any of the comics.

Comment

I don't think there are many readers out there who care enough to shell out money to support a Jessica comic.

Comment

I know I've been skipping Justice League Odyssey in part because Jessica is not a GL that makes me buy stuff I'm otherwise iffy on.

Comment

nope

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I don't want them to die. I just don't want to read about them. If I had to pick one, let them get rid of Simon.

Comment

Nope.
                  I would kill them both and never, EVER have them return, if I could. Actually, I would go so far as to retcon them out of ever existing.

As to whether anyone cares about them, I don't believe anyone likes Simon. Jessica? I think it depends on where you look. I don't think anyone here likes her, from what I have seen, but if you look in some other circles you will find some people who like her. However, I don't believe she is a particularly popular character.

At this point, I believe any new Earth Green Lantern is going to have such an uphill battle getting a very strong fanbase that DC should stop trying. The existing Green Lantern fans, which are already very fractured, are never going to accept any new character, which will only further fracture the fans and splinter the panel time.

Also, comics work so different now than they did in previous decades. Kyle Rayner was able to get a fanbase because some creators actually sat down and put in the effort to get him fans. Ron Marz and Daryl Banks put in years and years of work and had a very long and consistent run. That type of thing doesn't often happen in comics these days. You'll be extremely lucky to get 20 issues out of the same creative team, and heck, you'll be lucky to get 20 issues out of a single comic book title now.

I think there are a number of reasons for this. Lagging sales, which result in much more frequent creative shake ups than before. Some would say that there is a shorter attention span of the audience, but I'm not sure how true that is. Also, all the creator owned options creators have now. Why should they spend years and years building up some character only to have DC and WB benefit from all their hard work. Creators can put in that effort and build their own stuff and potentially reap far greater rewards.

Geoff Johns couldn't be bothered to put in the effort to really get Baz and Cruz a strong fanbase, and if he won't, no one else will. The Green Lanterns comic series, which Johns couldn't be bothered to write, only happened because Johns was President of DC at the time, and the mastermind behind the "Rebirth" initiative. That circumstance isn't likely to happen again.
                  Star-Lantern
                  Weaponer of Qward
                  Last edited by Star-Lantern; 12-22-2018, 10:50 AM.
                  ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Of course I care. They're Green Lanterns, and there's always something special about seeing characters develop relationships with their rings and find their place in the Corps.
                    Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Shit, no.

Comment

They not only have to brutally murder THEM, they now have to kill the new new NEW one in Young Justice.

Comment

I don't care about either. They don't have to die, but if their rings stopped working, flew off their fingers and they had to go away, I'd be content.

I think Jessica would have been better served staying the new Power Ring instead of becoming a GL. She could have been a new Carol Ferris type of villain to add to the GL's rogues gallery, which could certainly use an upgrade.

Comment

Jessica will enter the world of DC's animated films, voiced by Diane Guerrero. This is yet another sign that she's connecting with fans.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...st-set-1173352
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

The great, GREAT majority of these cartoon movie things that DC has been doing for the last 10 or 11 years or however long have been very bland and unremarkable to me. They often range from blandly okay, like that early Wonder Woman one, to outright terrible, like Justice League War. The only ones that really impressed me were Under the Red Hood and the recent Death of Superman one. Though, I'll be fair, I haven't seen all of them, but that is due to them hardly ever really impressing me when I do see them. There were some on the better side of okay, though, like All-Star Superman and Crisis on Two Earths. Still, they were very far from knocking my socks off like the golden days of the DCAU did, with Batman: TAS, Superman: TAS, and Justice League. This looks like one that I will probably skip unless I hear it is excellent, and I will be very surprised if it is.

As for Jessica Cruz... bleh. It seems DC is rather committed to her, which I feel is a mistake, but whatever.
                              Star-Lantern
                              Weaponer of Qward
                              Last edited by Star-Lantern; 01-13-2019, 11:29 AM.
                              ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Working...
                              X