Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GearNuke article on The Last of Us Part 2 multiplayer details
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• 1) In 9 days, I will finally break 3000 karma on GameFAQs, something that has taken me over a decade. I'd already have done it if I had known about some of the karma changes, but since I stopped visiting the boards and would really only vote in the daily polls, the process has gone on for longer than it should have. I'm not obsessed with it, the points don't really matter I know, but when you're so close to crossing the line you just want to be over it, you know? At least I'll be there before the end of the month.

2) Two accomplishments in The Division: killed the last of the 100 Hunters needed to get the Sting mask; and reached rank 40 in the Underground, unlocking some nice cosmetic items (I love the jacket you get). Now I can look cool while I die while trying to be a badass rogue in the Dark Zone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        I've passed 60% memory on Xbox One and been thinking about a hefty memory stick (those work, right?) to boost it. I'd rather not have to start making those kind of deletion decisions or be forced to pass on XBL Gold downloads because I have freed up enough.
        On both PS4 and XB1 you can use nearly any type of external memory, be it a stick or a hard drive. I have a 4TB external hard drive connected to both the PS4 and Xbox.

Say cheese!

Comment

• Originally posted by Willpower View Post
          On both PS4 and XB1 you can use nearly any type of external memory, be it a stick or a hard drive. I have a 4TB external hard drive connected to both the PS4 and Xbox.
          Thanks. That's what I figured since they have USB ports.

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• James & Mike Mondays: Backwards Super Mario Challenge

I like that they're coming up with interesting challenges, even if some are basically doomed to failure because of the games' designs outright stopping alternative playstyles.

Comment

• That was a pretty fun one. I never beat the final castle in SMB normal. Now that I have the classic, I'll have to try again.

Comment

• How Dead Space's scariest scene almost killed the game

This was suggested to me on the front page. I'll check it out more later, but damn if hearing DS1 doesn't bring back fond memories.

Comment

• Well, I went and did it: I found a lonesome guy in the lower Dark Zone, and when his back was turned I went rogue and killed the poor bastard. He almost fought back. I then frantically ran off my rogue status because even with a 9k Stamina Classified Predator, I'm ass at surviving (seriously, I swear this build is made of wet tissue paper, I take so much fucking damage even though that makes no fucking sense).

I then went rogue hunting and even managed to kill a few. But I really should have done this ages ago, running into people and betraying their fragile trust and all that.

Comment

• Bought a Switch. Been playing Lets Go Pikachu, Mario Kart 8 and started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol

Comment

• GameFAQs: Top 10 Lesser-Known Facts About Pokemon Red & Blue

Thought this was interesting enough to share around.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                          Bought a Switch. . . started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol
                          I never had patience for RPGs. I want to turn the game on and know exactly what I'm doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                            Bought a Switch. Been playing Lets Go Pikachu, Mario Kart 8 and started Legend of Zelda. That game looks incredible and its so intimidating. I know I'll never finish it. I barely have a sense of a main story. lol
                            If you don't mind occasionally extremely hard side scrollers (with unlimited lives), you should give The Messenger a try. You can find it at the eshop for, I don't know, 19 bucks or so.

Comment

• Toy Galaxy did a good retrospective on Captain N, which I have a lot of nostalgia for.

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• So have I. And with Simon Belmont joining the gang, you can now play most of the characters in Smash Bros Ultimate. The only ones missing are Game Boy (who is a stage) and Captain N himself.

Comment

Working...
                                X