Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tom King and Jorge Fornes are working on something together.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
      Guess I'll skip it, then. Thanks.
      I say read it, I loved it.

Comment

• Coming up in Strange Adventures:

Comment

• Dark Nights: Death Metal #1 Unknown Comics Retailer Exclusive Variant by Kael Ngu

Comment

• New Issues Expand 'Dark Nights: Death Metal' in August!

New Issues Expand Dark Nights: Death Metal
            Answering: How Did Wonder Woman Become the Queen of Hell?
            (And…how did Batman turn into a dinosaur?)
            Beginning on June 16 with the release of Dark Nights: Death Metal #1, the legendary team behind Dark Nights: Metal and Batman: Last Knight on Earth takes center stage and kicks off one final seven-monster-issue tour! And then in August, more players join in to jam with DC’s darkest knights when DC publishes Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 and Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1!

Ahead of September’s skip month for Dark Nights: Death Metal, DC turns up the volume and calls in reinforcements to give fans more than they ever bargained for! A week after Dark Nights: Death Metal #3 publishes on August 11, the world of Dark Nights: Metal expands with Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook to include stories by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Becky Cloonan, Vita Ayala, Chip Zdarsky, Christopher Priest, Doug Mahnke, Dan Panosian, Eduardo Risso, and Khary Randolph! Collected in Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 on August 18 with a cover by Yasmine Putri, the stories in this one-shot showcase the new factions of Earth and explore the mystery of what happened to the Justice League after their battle with Perpetua.
            As Wonder Woman, Superman, Batman, and other heroes fight to survive in the strange new landscape of an Earth turned upside down and shrouded in a realm of darkness, one cloaked figure has been observing from the sidelines, creating a guidebook to this new world and its evil leaders. Find out how Wonder Woman became the queen of Hell! Discover how Batman finds the Black Lantern ring! And see what happens when Harley Quinn takes charge of the Wasteland, finding love in the process! All this and more in this jam-packed issue exploring the new world order.

And then, because every legendary performance needs a bigger, bolder second act, Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1 drops on August 25 with a cover by Tony S. Daniel! This one-shot features stories from DC’s Dark Multiverse by Scott Snyder, James Tynion IV, Joshua Williamson, Peter J. Tomasi, Warren Ellis, Garth Ennis, Daniel Warren Johnson, Frank Tieri, Tony S. Daniel, Jim Cheung, Joëlle Jones, Riley Rossmo, and Francesco Francavilla.
            In this collection of short tales where demons dwell and reality is overrun by monstrous versions of the Dark Knight, learn the terrifying secrets of the new Bats Out of Hell and other creatures of the night like Robin King, whose origin is unimaginable! Plus, read about the secret buried beneath Castle Bat, the sentient Batmobile, and…how did Batman turn into a killer robot dinosaur?

August is metal as hell with Dark Nights: Death Metal #3 on 8/11, Dark Nights: Death Metal Guidebook #1 on 8/18, and Dark Nights: Death Metal Legends of the Dark Knights #1 on 8/25!

Comment

• Wow, they're really trying to get me to drop comics. The big gap hasn't helped, and now they are coming back doubling down on this Metal crap that I have zero interest in? I was able to pretty much ignore it the last time, but if it becomes unavoidably integral to the DC universe, it may quickly sour me on comics altogether (I get the impression that the depressing garbage that has been polluting Justice League of late had its origins in Metal, so if that sort of junk spreads line-wide, there may not be much left for me to care about.)

Comment

• ^Yeah, I have no interest in the Metal stuff.

Comment

• SCOTT SNYDER Walks Readers Through August's DARK NIGHTS: DEATH METAL Tie-Ins
                  Hypo
                  Lil' Leaguer
                  Last edited by Hypo; 05-14-2020, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• I'm getting the feeling that Death Metal is Snyder's swan song in the DCU. I like his work, as bonkers as it sometimes gets, but from Black Mirror all the way to the Justice League, every step has been bigger than the one before. It doesn't get much bigger than this.

And let's not forget that this is one of the last projects initiated under Dan Didio. If Jim Lee wants to go in a different direction (and the cancellations of the 5G plans seems to hint at that), then this is Snyder's last hurrah, just like Three Jokers is Johns'. Then again, Snyder and Lee worked together on Superman Unchained and Dark Days: The Casting. But that still doesn't answer the question of where would he go from here? Other than creator owned books or Marvel?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                      Wow, they're really trying to get me to drop comics. The big gap hasn't helped, and now they are coming back doubling down on this Metal crap that I have zero interest in? I was able to pretty much ignore it the last time, but if it becomes unavoidably integral to the DC universe, it may quickly sour me on comics altogether (I get the impression that the depressing garbage that has been polluting Justice League of late had its origins in Metal, so if that sort of junk spreads line-wide, there may not be much left for me to care about.)
                      Eh, I'm sure you'll be able to avoid it if you want, the original series had a bunch of one-shot tie-ins but only 8 tie-in issues from pre-existing ongoings.

Also find it funny that you view it as depressing while I think it's a bit too over the top, case in point we're apparently getting an evil T-Rex Batman.

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                      I'm getting the feeling that Death Metal is Snyder's swan song in the DCU. I like his work, as bonkers as it sometimes gets, but from Black Mirror all the way to the Justice League, every step has been bigger than the one before. It doesn't get much bigger than this.

And let's not forget that this is one of the last projects initiated under Dan Didio. If Jim Lee wants to go in a different direction (and the cancellations of the 5G plans seems to hint at that), then this is Snyder's last hurrah, just like Three Jokers is Johns'. Then again, Snyder and Lee worked together on Superman Unchained and Dark Days: The Casting. But that still doesn't answer the question of where would he go from here? Other than creator owned books or Marvel?
                      I think that was the original plan when Didio was still around since Snyder apparently had 0 interest in 5G but with those plans seemingly on hold indefinitely I think there's a good chance he sticks around. I imagine DC wants him to stay, he's a guaranteed money maker.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                        ...Also find it funny that you view it as depressing while I think it's a bit too over the top, case in point we're apparently getting an evil T-Rex Batman...
                        Well, it can be both. The depressing side was in the result of the universe building to a cataclysm and it being all the league's fault. That's pretty dark in tone.

Comment

• Yeah, it may be over the top bonkers, but it is so very dark in tone that I, personally, find it depressing.

Comment

• The delays on this will be spectacular.

Comment

• DC Offers Over 250 Scooby-Doo Comics for Free
                              DC Comics AUGUST 2020 Solicitations

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

The delays on this will be spectacular.
                                Yeah DC better make it a oneshot or graphic novel so readers aren't stuck waiting for a conclusion.

Comment

Working...
                                X