This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
    Well, I appreciate what you do too, putting it in perspective (especially since you don't care about the books).
    I don't care...but I do. Too many decades of following them to not want them to get better. If the books turned around, I would quickly crawl back and scoop up everything I missed. I'm still keeping track if that day ever comes.

Comment

• I don't think Hal's comic will drop below 32K. That always seems to be the trough point for it. The other one though will fall until it's canceled.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        Only 295 copies ordered separates the two GL titles, which is essentially a dead heat. People that are buying one are also buying the other.

Mid 30k range now and still sinking. Perhaps there will be a small bump in the next few months from the Kyle Rayner developments? DC needs to do something to get these two titles to level off and keep what readers are remaining. And they need to do it fast. The GL franchise cannot be allowed to have both titles sitting in the 20k range.
        This is probably why they seem to be building towards a War of Light 2. To hopefully inflate the numbers, but that will only last as long as the event itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
          This is probably why they seem to be building towards a War of Light 2. To hopefully inflate the numbers, but that will only last as long as the event itself.
          That's the EXACT thing that made me drop both books.

Comment

• The under-performers since Rebirth was launched continue to be JLA and Superman. The Flash, Titans and Suicide Squad look strong.

Comment

That's the EXACT thing that made me drop both books.
              My motivation to continue is dwindling too.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                My motivation to continue is dwindling too.
                Maybe if sales continue to drop they will figure out that bringing back the colorwheel family of lantern corps is not going to help the books and they will stop using them...forever. I'd most likely come back then. I'd rather the franchise shrivel down to ONE title about GREEN Lanterns than buy FOUR titles about every color in the rainbow. And I don't care if sales have to get to the bottom of the barrel to get there, as long as DC gets the point.

Comment

• 19 Doom Patrol 1* $3.99 DC 76,225
                  79 Doom Patrol 2* $3.99 DC 37,856
                  96 Doom Patrol 3* $3.99 DC 30,140
                  105 Doom Patrol 4* $3.99 DC 26,261

This book keeps getting delayed. #5 has been delayed again, now scheduled for 3/22. Issue #6 has now been pushed back to 4/12.

Comment

Maybe if sales continue to drop they will figure out that bringing back the colorwheel family of lantern corps is not going to help the books and they will stop using them...forever. I'd most likely come back then. I'd rather the franchise shrivel down to ONE title about GREEN Lanterns than buy FOUR titles about every color in the rainbow. And I don't care if sales have to get to the bottom of the barrel to get there, as long as DC gets the point.
                    Sadly as long as Johns is apart of DC [especially as one of their top dogs] I can't see the other Lantern Corps disappearing forever.

Knowing Didiot and the arrogance of DC top brass if they sales continue to drop they might double down and give us more Coloured Lantern Corps instead of less. And maybe more Human GLs while Hal and the other get pushed further into the background.

Comment

• We need somebody like Julius Schwartz to come in and take the concepts that've become cluster fucks and just reboot them from the ground up like how we went from the Golden Age to the Silver Age. Take a step back from the Corps and the rings, and just focus on one character with the ability to create green hard light constructs.

~//V\\~

Comment

• Originally posted by -//V\\- View Post
                        We need somebody like Julius Schwartz to come in and take the concepts that've become cluster fucks and just reboot them from the ground up like how we went from the Golden Age to the Silver Age. Take a step back from the Corps and the rings, and just focus on one character with the ability to create green hard light constructs.

~//V\\~
                        I don't think people would believe Julius Schwartz at this point. Look at how times Didiot or someone else from DC said that they were going to get back to character driven and just carry on their usual garbage.

Comment

• They can't get back to character driven stories because it's become less about the characters and more about franchising everything to make sure everything is PC and everybody has their own character in every corner and aspect. Multiple Supermen and Superwomen, multiple Lanterns, multiple Flashes, etc. Rather than dust off an old property like the Question, Impulse, or Titans East we get the same old same old with more Batman spin-offs, more Kid Flashes throughout the universe, and more of the same old same old with Teen Titans constantly trying to mirror the Wolfman/Perez era.

I'm hoping a Young Justice series is being dreamed up in an office somewhere mixing the better elements of the animated series with the classic comic series and other 90's era teen heroes.

I'd be game for a half dozen properties or so getting Julius'ed and recreated from the floor up though. There's one or two I'd gladly give a limb to make happen LOL.

~//V\\~

Comment

• It's pretty alarming that so soon into Rebirth, Hal's title has already dropped to 36K sales and is being solidly outsold by Titans and Teen Titans.

They've got to admit that they've screwed this up and reboot it. And the sooner the better.

Comment

• I'm curious how low DC is willing to let GL's sales get without doing something about it. We're not even at the one year mark yet.

Comment

I'm curious how low DC is willing to let GL's sales get without doing something about it. We're not even at the one year mark yet.
                                They tend to do something at 32-33K. That's where they were when DC brought back Hal and the Corps and where they were when Rebirth was launched.

Comment

Working...
                                X