X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern Movie News Discussion Thread

from mania.com

so many threads concerning one movie, figure I just make a new one than trying to figure out where to put it in.

Last week we presented you with a smattering of rumors from around the web that indicated 'Star Trek' star Chris Pine was at the top of the list of young actors poised to take the role of Hal Jordan in the 'Green Lantern' movie. Indeed, two websites reported independently that an offer for the role had been extended to Pine.

Well, we've had a chance to check with reliable sources, who tell us it just isn't so.

One source told us the producers of the film are "not even close to making an offer" for the lead role. The reason? The casting director on the film hadn't even signed on until late last week, the same day that the offer supposedly went to Pine. In fact, the casting director plans an exhaustive search which may result in a star, an up-and-comer or a complete unknown landing the job.

However, our source does agree that Chris Pine is on model for the producers' view of Hal Jordan. As far as short lists go, we're told every agent who has a client that's on model is pushing their actor towards the production. So, its almost certain Pine's reps have been waving the green flag, trying to attract attention to their guy (which may account for the current buzz). He may even land the part some day.

But at this poing no offer has gone out and the lead role in 'Green Lantern' has yet to be cast.
    HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

1. That's NOT an overall update, at all.

2. I love how they are 2weeks late from contacting their "sources" on the report.

3. At this point when it comes to Pine, you either trust the initial reports LR/IESB or you trust the denials Collider/Mania

If they wanted a denial, they could have gone to Chris Pine's pub or agent, they didn't. They decided to go to the unnamed casting director...in short, I don't believe them. I'll take the duo who breaks stories on the regular than the other sites who don't, and want to "kill" takingameeting reports. Man up and try to break stories before you end up making a fool of yourselves trying to dead anothers.

Comment

I just post em as I read them sorry and this was posted today
      HUNDRED'S OF COMIC BOOKS FOR SALE! http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ad.php?t=17568

Comment

Thanks for the update. Like I said before, I am sure the producers of GL are taking a wait-and-see approach with Trek first. If it tanks, they won't want Pine, but if it blows up, Pine will be a hot comadity.
        Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

Could someone change the title of this thread to reflect today's actual date? Simply saying "today" isn't going to be very helpful tomorrow or the next day...

Comment

Yeah it is. When you see that this topic has been bumped. Like now...

But you want the latest news, stay tuned to this part of the forum. Its usually filled with the latest news..like the confirmation from Chris Pine talks I posted earlier.

Comment

My thing is, while I don't mine Pine being offered up for the role, it will just be hard to accept him as Kirk AND Hal at the same time. Yeah I know, Harrison Ford is both Han Solo AND Indy, but he can get away with it. The role of Kirk is still Shatners, so Pine really needs to "stay in this role" for another two movies to gel in his role here. Jumping to GL so soon, may actually damage both roles. "Wait Kirk is GL now?" "So Green Lantern is also Capt. Kirk?"
              Visit the Mall of Oa for all your Green Lantern needs!

Comment

I don't think it's gonna be that difficult to reconcile between the two. Downey Jr. is Iron Man and Sherlock Holmes. Bale is Batman and John Conners(Terminator). Shia Lebeouf in Transformers and Indiana Jones. The public isn't really that dense to have a problem with the concept of playin' more than one action role.

Comment

Its not the sense of doing two action movies. Its two similar roles.

Comment

Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    Yeah it is. When you see that this topic has been bumped. Like now...

I like that rationality

Comment

I think Chris Pine would be a good choice. He was the look . . . which is really hard to describe, its just one of those things you know. I mean Hal Jordan was an airforce and the Ferris Pilot.

I think Chris Pine has the look of a pilot and I also think it would be a good choice for the roll.

To be honest I am most curious about how they are going to do the ring actions. I want it to look real. Its why I like the new Iron Man and Batman movies, they look realistic, not like the batman movies of the 90s.

-Disjaukifa

Comment

Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
                        Could someone change the title of this thread to reflect today's actual date? Simply saying "today" isn't going to be very helpful tomorrow or the next day...

sure it is, just post it here when you find something current.

Comment

Originally posted by Old School View Post
                          sure it is, just post it here when you find something current.
                          No, it's not. It would be true if the thread were bumped only if there were actual new info about the movie, but a thread gets bumped anytime anyone posts anything. Today is April 4th. There hasn't been any "update" about the movie since March 26th. If anything, I'm going to be less interested in checking out this thread because I have no reason to believe there's new movie news just because the thread was bumped.

Comment

No, it's not. It would be true if the thread were bumped only if there were actual new info about the movie, but a thread gets bumped anytime anyone posts anything. Today is April 4th. There hasn't been any "update" about the movie since March 26th. If anything, I'm going to be less interested in checking out this thread because I have no reason to believe there's new movie news just because the thread was bumped.
                            I agree with you, today is april 4th

Comment

1. You should always check bumped threads regardless, that's why you're on a discussion board in the first place, to discuss.

2. I partially agree. We should from now on treat this thread like the Green Lantern Appearance thread. Updates only and sticky it to the On The Screen section. Of course a mod would have to agree with this, and enforce it, so you won't have to be bothered with opinions just news.

Comment

Working...
                              X