Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Criminal charges dropped against vet who saved dog

http://www.wusa9.com/story/news/nati...rest/27546059/

I read about the charges being pressed on this guy a couple weeks ago; I knew they would eventually get overturned, given the animal rights activists' penchant for exploiting a story like this where there is a clear right and wrong.

Over the years, when I've heard stories of dogs being trapped in overheating cars by their ignorant owners, I've often wondered if a fair act of justice would be to equivocally do the same thing to them: expose them for an hour to a potentially life threatening amount of heat with no means of escape.

In any event, yay to this guy for doing the right thing on a gut instinct and helping save the life of the dog.

Comment

• Mom's Facebook photo of "hero" cop strikes chord.

More proof that cops are not evil? What is the world coming to?
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Rapper Layzie Bone Feeds Diabetic Man Fruit, Helps Save His Life

A Wyoming man who had a diabetic emergency while driving this weekend found an unlikely savior in famed harmonizer Layzie Bone, who came to the man’s aid and successfully revived him using chocolate and fruit, The NY Daily News reports.

“We thought he was a drunk doing 60mph when he spun out of control and did a complete 180 degrees,” wrote the Bone Thugs-N-Harmony rapper—who was then on his way to a show in Riverton, Wyoming—on Facebook Saturday. “Turns out after we stopped to check on him he was having a diabetic shock.”

Though the man was disoriented, the Bone Thug was able to use his celebrity to help the man regain his senses.

“He didn’t know who anybody was,” Layzie later told K2TV, “so I said, ‘Do you know Bone Thugs-N-Harmony?’And he kinda woke up. He was like, ‘Yeah.’”

Layzie then offered the man snacks, including apples and oranges, and the diabetic was able to normalize his blood sugar, but the rapper insists he’s not a hero.

“I’m not doing this interview to be no type of hero,” he told the station. “I’m not that person. I genuinely care about people.”

+ YouTube Video
        ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

http://gawker.com/rapper-layzie-bone...ave-1705726662
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2244842

olorado school lunch lady fired for giving food to crying children without enough money

-----------

“I'll own up that I broke the law,” Della Curry said of being fired from her job as an elementary school kitchen manager. “The law needs to change.”

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Only in America is feeding the hungry or poor a crime. Fucking disgusting.
            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern A-train View Post
              Only in America is feeding the hungry or poor a crime. Fucking disgusting.
              Homelessness is being criminalized too. In some cities you can't even sleep in your car.

Comment

• Yo.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2247468

Akon wants to use solar power to bring electricity to 600 million people in Africa
                nice idea, but I hope he gives the security of this project serious concerns too.....

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

oh dude its even more disgusting that people who take the time to go out and feed the homeless have been getting arrested for just being kind like that. the excuse is you must have a permit wich i dont believe is accurate.

Comment

• Also posting this here because it's just that good.

Comment

• Waitress's kind gesture toward grieving parents

Comment

While I would agree that firing her was extreme, I feel compelled to point out that it wasn't like she was fired for feeding them out of her own pocket.

I do tend to believe that charity should be voluntary on the part of those giving it. If you choose to give out free food that doesn't actually belong to you in the first place, I think that, while your heart is in the right place, you aren't really in the right. If somebody regularly came over to your house and raided the fridge to get food to give the homeless, without getting an OK from you first, wouldn't you think that was a bit...off?

And say they did ask, and your answer is, "I already give a BUNCH of food to the needy, so no." how would you feel if they then decided on their own that you weren't giving enough, and so continued to raid your fridge for food to give out, anyway?
                        Mister Ed
                        Horse of a Different Color
                        Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-08-2015, 11:24 PM.

Comment

• Feeling Overwhelmed By Life? Jared Padalecki Has Some Important Advice For You

http://www.mtv.com/news/2179982/jare...i-life-advice/

The "Supernatural" star recently took some time for himself.
                          by Crystal Bell 11h ago

After taking some much-needed time for himself, Jared Padalecki is back and feeling better than ever.

The actor joined his fellow former Stars Hollow residents for the long-awaited “Gilmore Girls” reunion at the ATX Television Festival this past weekend, and he was all smiles.

Padalecki scared “Supernatural” fans last month when he suddenly canceled appearances at fan conventions and tweeted, “I need all the love I can get right now.” But the 32-year-old just needed to recharge after a long season away from his family.

MTV News caught up with Padalecki ahead of the big “Gilmore Girls” reunion, and he had some important advice for others who might also be feeling stretched too thin.

“Try and remember to shift gears,” he said. “That’s one of things I had to learn. It doesn’t mean that you have to live the simple life, but the life lived with just your friends and family is a great life.”

“Don’t get caught up trying to think you’re supposed to do more, or to think you’re supposed to please everybody,” he added. “Take care of yourself.”
                          Earlier this year, Padalecki launched his “Always Keep Fighting” t-shirt campaign through Represent.com to benefit nonprofit organization To Write Love on Her Arms (TWLOHA), which supports people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury and suicide. It’s a passion project for the actor, who’s been open about his own clinical depression.

“One of the things I learned from unplugging is that if you’re not 100 percent, you can’t give 100 percent,” Padalecki said. “So take the time to make sure you’re 100 percent.”

Nicely said, Jared. We couldn’t agree more.

Comment

• And some wonder why I like animals better than people....

JUN 9, 2015 LIFESTYLEPETS
                            Guide Dog Does the Most Heroic Thing When Bus Barrels Toward Owner
                            Animals really do have the biggest hearts.

http://www.womansday.com/life/pet-ca...towards-owner/

If this doesn't kick you right in the feels, then you are dead.

Comment

• I'm glad that story ended with both of them OK (SPOILER ALERT! ). Otherwise that might have been a bit too much feels.

Comment

• Chris Hero Wrestles Over Three Hours For Charity, Competes In 17 Matches

Source: F4WOnline

Independent wrestler and former WWE developmental talent Chris Hero accomplished a unique task this weekend, as he wrestled for over three hours in an effort to raise money for ALS. All in all, Hero raised $3440 for the cause, well over their goal.

Hero had pledged to wrestle 30 minutes for every $500 donated in a match that was referred to as an "infinity gauntlet." Whether Hero won or lost, a new opponent would come out and keep the match going. All in all, Hero had 17 matches within the time limits.

As time expired, Tarik, who had lost to Hero three times, came to the ring and asked for ten more minutes. Tarik himself donated $180 to make it happen, and drilled Hero with the Smash Wrestling Championship. This got Tarik DQ'd several times, but also led to him pinning hero numerous times to end the match.

The event took place at a wrestling school in Canada, and was recorded for those who donated money to the cause. Hero said last week on Wrestling Observer Live that he also expects a video on demand version to be made available to those interested.

Hero had previously said that his longest match was well over a decade ago against CM Punk. Hero formerly competed in WWE developmental as Kassius Ohno. He was released in November 2013.

Comment

Working...
                                X