For the Corps!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lundonj View Post
    Bru's Cap is completely awesome, maybe my favorite Cap run of all time.

Bru's DD is just as good in my humble estimation, really, really great run.

I liked the start of Bendis DD, he had amazing artists on the book with him, but by the end, it was like watching someone strangle a kitten. I was pretty happy to see Bendis leave the series. Some fascinating bits, but written at a 'watching paint dry' speed.

Tough to top Miller for sure. Waid's DD is a bit closer to Stan Lee's run on the book, and kind of fun. But wow, Brubaker's stuff combined the best of everything.

I guess I am still somewhat of a Marvel snob after all. Part of the reason so much of their 'new' new rebooted, relaunch, redux part two flavor of the week is driving me to drink.
    Grateful for all the reccomendations. Since this time I've fallen in love hard with the Bendis and Brubaker Daredevil, to me they did the impossible: eclipsed even the Miller. I found Maleev's art in the Bendis to be incredibly enhancing, at least bordering on the deeply artistic, and I don't care how pretentious that sounds. Many thanks again.

My appreciation for the Brubaker Cap has deepened even further since this time, however I must mention also my happy discovery of the Waid run, which is at times near the unbeatable excellence of his Flash imo.

Comment

Working...
    X