Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At first I was gonna say I'm not looking forward to this at all but then I thought about the possibilities of seeing the more cosmic side of the DCU on this show. I mean it would certainly make it different than all the other DC shows, and it makes me wonder what the chances are that we'll see a Green Lantern pop up?
    Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

Report: Director Revealed for DC's AQUAMAN Movie
      Has Warner Bros. found their Aquaman director?
      That's the scuttlebutt around Hollywood and inside the offices of competiting studio Sony Pictures Entertainment , according to reports. The Daily Beast is reporting on the latest batch of information released by the now infamous Sony Hack, including an email from Columbia Pictures' co-president of production Michael De Luca to Amy Pascal, co-chairman of Sony Pictures Entertainment. Although Daily Beast fails to quote the email directly, the outlet's William Boot says that De Luca tells Pascal that Jeff Nichols, director of the recent film Mud, has been chosen to direct 2018's Aquaman. Neither Warner Bros., DC Entertainment, or Jeff Nichols have responded to this report.

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
        Maybe the quality over quantity is the reason Hourman hasn't had anymore information.
        Granted it was supposed to be like Dial H meets 100 Bullets [was that it?] originally, the drugs used to make Deathstroke in Arrow sounded an awful lot like Miraclo and I'd hoped after rumors of an additional spin-off started circling that Hourman might spin out of that universe of heroes after all.

Just to get a list of everything that's already been discussed or on the air...

Arrow
        the Flash
        Gotham
        Constantine
        Supergirl
        Titans w/ Nightwing
        Krypton
        iZombie
        Booster Gold
        Hourman
        Deadman [with Boston adventuring Quantum Leap style]

...aside from the top two listed and maaaybe Titans and Deadman [depending on the premise], the only other one that would've peeked my interest would be an Hourman series in the same universe as Arrow and the Flash. Everything else looks or sounds like crap IMHO. And there are people who hate on Arrow and the Flash, so IDK who WB is trying to cater to with some of these shows.

~KL~

Comment

Deadman? You might as well toss that and Booster Gold into that fire with Raven and Amazon.

Comment

I'd give my left nut for a Deadman show. He's tailor made for tv, part Fugitive part Quantum Leap. His original storyline would translate well to episodic, monster of the week formula.

Comment

Monster of the Week shows suck. MYSTERY of the week shows are awesome.

Comment

Will ‘Aquaman’ Be Helmed by ‘Mud’ Director Jeff Nichols?

The Sony Leak of 2014 has not only shed light on the studio’s plan-making behind closed doors, but also that of its rival studios. For example, one leaked email confirms the all-but-official news that Simon Kinberg – screenwriter on X-Men: Days of Future Past and next year’s Fantastic Four reboot – is laying the foundation for a Fantastic Four/X-Men movie crossover down the line. That is cited in the leaked email as being a prospective model for Sony’s planned Spider-Man Movie Shared Universe (plans that are very much in flux right now).

A separate email, as reported by The Daily Beast, suggests that Warner Bros. and DC have recruited the indie filmmaker Jeff Nichols to direct the Aquaman solo movie starring Jason Momoa as the eponymous, nautical, superhero. Momoa has recently expressed his desire to see Zack Snyder helm that specific DC project, though the odds are that was more wishful thinking on his part than anything else (seeing as Snyder is already officially lined up to direct two Justice League movies next).

Nichols, however, would be a choice in keeping with the talent that WB/DC have already recruited to put together a DC Movie Shared Universe. That roster includes a handful of people who, similar to Nichols, have earned their fair share of critical acclaim, including Suicide Squad director David Ayer (Fury) and Michelle MacLaren (Game of Thrones, Breaking Bad), who’s both directing and overseeing script development on Wonder Woman.
                Nichols may not be a big name director but he has a pretty great record so far. I only saw Mud and I really enjoyed that film.
                He also wrote every film he's directed so hopefully he writes the Aquman movie too.
                CeltiC5-27
                Weaponer of Qward
                Last edited by CeltiC5-27; 12-15-2014, 05:50 AM.
                Green Lantern's Light!

Comment

Also check out Jessica Chastain's tweet earlier:

https://twitter.com/jes_chastain/sta...98473944662016

She's worked with Nichols before so I hope he looks at her for Mera!
                  Green Lantern's Light!

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                    Will ‘Aquaman’ Be Helmed by ‘Mud’ Director Jeff Nichols?

Nichols may not be a big name director but he has a pretty great record so far. I only saw Mud and I really enjoyed that film.
                    He also wrote every film he's directed so hopefully he writes the Aquman movie too.

Comment

EXCLUSIVE: Viola Davis Bags Amanda Waller Role In 'Suicide Squad'

BREAKING

The final superhero movie scoop of 2014!

Wanted to finish the year off strong with a scoop I been tracking for a hot minute.

According to sources, the lovely Viola Davis (How To Get Away With Murder) has bagged the role of major DC Comics villain and Prison Warden Amanda Waller in David Ayer's upcoming Suicide Squad. In the comics, Amanda Waller is a former congressional aide and government agent often placed in charge of the Suicide Squad, a semi-secret government-run group of former supervillains working in return for amnesty.

Now, the key here is that the role is hers provided that the filmmakers can work out her TV schedule, which will be no small feat considering how big of a hit How To Get Away With Murder is. If it works out she will be joining Jared Leto as the Joker, Will Smith as Deadshot, Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn, Tom Hardy as Rick Flag, Jai Courtney as Boomerang (or Captain Boomerang), and Cara Delevingne as Enchantress.

Oprah Winfrey and Octavia Spencer were reported earlier as contenders for the role.

Happy Holidays everyone to you and yours!

http://www.latino-review.com/news/ex...-suicide-squad
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Good for her!

Comment

Well, looks like they picked the least Waller-looking choice out of their options. I've no doubt she can handle the role, but I was, perhaps foolishly, impressed that they were considering options that hearkened back (somewhat) to the old, heavy Waller. Viola Davis is more in the vein of nuWaller.

Comment

Eh. Too attractive, too thin. I want my Waller fat, ugly and mean looking.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                              stfu dave! she's a great actress no one cares what you want.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
                                you have a fat fetish dont you? just for shits and giggles lets have roseanne bar as amanda waller
                                .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

Working...
                                X