Hal joins the Green Lanterns cast in September

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hal joins the Green Lanterns cast in September

Yes, as I predicted, Hal is moving over into Green Lanterns with Baz and Cruz. I expect him to stay there until the title drops off the charts.

Guy and Kyle are gone -- for now. But I think things might improve quite a bit for them when Grant Morrison arrives.

I'm sticking with my earlier prediction that he'll write a comic that stars Guy and Kyle. That looks even more likely now.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stori.../18/dcsept.htm
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-18-2018, 09:42 PM.

Wait--what's the news here? We knew DC was ending HJ&TGLC. We knew Hal was moving over to GLs and Dan Jurgens is writing it for now. Is there something new I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      Wait--what's the news here? We knew DC was ending HJ&TGLC. We knew Hal was moving over to GLs and Dan Jurgens is writing it for now. Is there something new I'm missing?
      We didn't know that Morrison's GL title wasn't launching in September, or that Hal was moving over into Green Lanterns instead of into a comic written by Morrison.

All the speculation at Bleeding Cool kept mentioning Hal in the same breath with Morrison, but I've never believed that. Morrison isn't a fan of Hal, and on top of that, DC is hell-bent to make Green Lanterns sell. They are NOT planning to cancel that comic, so Hal is in it for keeps, to help sell it.

Jurgens is not a caretaker, and Hal is not a short-timer.
      Trey Strain
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-18-2018, 10:11 PM.

Comment

But we saw Hal in the solicits previously for GLs. We already knew he was filling in there when they announced the other title was ending at #50. Why does that mean to you that Morrison isn't using Hal when his project is ready to go? All we know is DC is keeping one GL title going in lame duck status until Morrison's relaunch is ready. Tossing Hal over there for a few months doesn't surprise me at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
          But we saw Hal in the solicits previously for GLs. We already knew he was filling in there when they announced the other title was ending at #50. Why does that mean to you that Morrison isn't using Hal when his project is ready to go? All we know is DC is keeping one GL title going in lame duck status until Morrison's relaunch is ready. Tossing Hal over there for a few months doesn't surprise me at all.
          Dave, Dave, Dave...

WHY do you think DC is canceling Green Lanterns? They have NOT given up on Baz and Cruz. Cruz is on Odyssey, and in that DC Kids thing. They're here to stay.

And WHY do you think Morrison wants to write "creepy old Hal Jordan," instead of a character he's known to like, Kyle?

Comment

Just because the title isn't launching in September doesn't mean it's not happening. Hal appeared in GLs before it was announced his title was ending. The storyline was foreshadowed a few months ago when Hal showed up in the GLs annual. And if you read the preview to Justice League #2 you'd know that the story about Hal and the source wall are true. They probably want to give the writer and artist a good headstart before announcing anything.

Comment

I think the only way Morrison will write Hal is if he writes a book with Guy and Kyle in it, and also writes Green Lanterns. That's possible. But I bet Hal is staying in Green Lanterns.

Comment

I guess we'll see in a few months. You could be right. You could be wrong. I wouldn't put money on anything DC might do right now. That company is a dumpster fire.

Comment

Comment

"Hal is dealing with the wall."

You're wrong Trey. The Hal series is happening.

Comment

Guy would be a great fit for the Justice Foundation. If that is still a thing after Doomsday Clock.

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                        "Hal is dealing with the wall."

You're wrong Trey. The Hal series is happening.
                        He's got one. With Baz and Cruz.

Face reality. They are JUST... NOT... GOING... AWAY.
                        Trey Strain
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-19-2018, 12:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
                          Guy would be a great fit for the Justice Foundation. If that is still a thing after Doomsday Clock.
                          One more B team of the Justice League, guaranteed to flop. No thanks.

The best thing about Cruz right now is that she's on yet another Justice League B team, Odyssey.

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                            He's got one. With Baz and Cruz.

Face reality. They are JUST... NOT... GOING... AWAY.
                            You're hopeless

Comment

Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
                              You're hopeless
                              I have no hope that Baz and Cruz are going away, and I don't know why I should have any. Like herpes, they are for keeps.

Comment

Working...
                              X