This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    Man 7 out of ten titles in the top ten were published by DC. Damn, and people say that Marvel has it's foot on DC. Well f them.
    The New 52 has given DC new footing, it's time for DC to reign again now.
    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
      The New 52 has given DC new footing, it's time for DC to reign again now.
      DC has always been under Marvel's foot. It's only until recently that they actually attempted to fight back. How else could Marvel have been successful than DC? It couldn't have just been out of luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
        DC has always been under Marvel's foot. It's only until recently that they actually attempted to fight back. How else could Marvel have been successful than DC? It couldn't have just been out of luck.
        It hasn't always been DC has had great reigns in the past and then Marvel beat them, then DC beats them again and the cycle repeats.
        No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Comment

October Sales Estimates

4 Green Lantern 2 $2.99 DC 142,344
          17 Green Lantern New Guardians 2 $2.99 DC 71,713
          19 Green Lantern Corps 2* $2.99 DC 70,651

20 Red Lanterns 2* $2.99 DC 66,747

I figured this was mentionable too

93 Green Lantern 1 $2.99 DC 27,477
          152 Red Lanterns 1 $2.99 DC 15,230
          173 Green Lantern New Guardians 1 $2.99 DC 12,563
          182 Green Lantern Corps 1 $2.99 DC 11,723

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomi...1/2011-10.html

Comment

Wow! 367,030 GL comics sold in one month!

I guess the movie wasn't that bad for the character after all!

This just proves my point that the reboot was unnecessary: GL has not been rebooted & it is selling as well as the reboots + outselling a few Marvel titles. GL is probably the title most mired in its own and the general DC continuity!!

But the numbers are surely heartening. Between The War of the Green Lanterns, the motion picture (disappointing as it was to some of us), the animated series, even the video-game, GL's profile has never been higher; I'll certainly never forget the thrill of seeing gigantic GL images all around me in NYC last May! It's been a fun year for me and I've got several friends reading GL now! While it hasn't been a Superman, Batman, Spider-Man or X-Men level cultural watershed event, no one can say that the GL title hasn't had its chance, and it's been pretty damned successful. I just wish I could've afforded some of those nifty movie toys...

Comment

The Reboot was necessary Green Lantern (the book itself) is now selling twice the amount it sold pre-reboot.

I love that GL's profile is much higher now, people keep knowing what the green ring on my finger is.

Comment

I think to most people who don't read the comics, think it's a joke.

Comment

Agreed. Comics will always be niche.
                  The last fan of 1990s comics
                  Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

Comics will have there time they just need better management to become more well-known.

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                      Comics will have there time they just need better management to become more well-known.
                      They had their time. In the Golden Age. Most everyone's surprised when I tell them I read comics books regularly, apparently its a thing of the past.

Comment

Originally posted by HopeWithoutWill View Post
                        They had their time. In the Golden Age. Most everyone's surprised when I tell them I read comics books regularly, apparently its a thing of the past.
                        Yeah well history repeats itself their will be another Golden Age of comics. I work in the comic book industry right now so I am really hoping for it.

Comment

As good as the numbers sound I will wait until Feb/March to see if they hold up. Once readers are done with the first arc of each book will they stick around, and will DC stand by books that are not in the top 50 list? I am also wondering how well the digital release angle worked. It seems like after the first week of the New 52 DC went quite about numbers and how well it worked.

Comment

Green Lantern Sales in November

ICv2 has released sale estimates for November comics. Green Lantern remains a top seller coming in at number at #4. How's that for consistency? Pretty good I would say. Buy another round this Friday in celebration for Geoff Johns and Doug Mahnke's continued success. Unfortunately, the other lantern books have slid down in sales in the third month of the New52. Green Lantern: New Guardians #3 falls six spots to #23, while Green Lantern Corps #3 falls just below it to #24. Red Lanterns #3 takes the series down 12 spots to #32 on the sales chart. In other sales news the War of the Green Lanterns Hardcover sold quite well coming in the top ten of trades/novels sold. Green Lantern: The Animated Series #0 came in at #153, with over 13,000 sold.

W.West
                            Last edited by W.West; 12-14-2011, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Nice! Here's hoping a few new readers stick around.

From a Dutch forum I know some people who have checked out the New DCU and some said they will keep following GL. In trade though, but that counts as well.

A new X-Men series, and just at #7? Ouch.

Comment

UPDATED NOVEMBER SALES

Comment

Working...
                                X