Green Lantern: Blackstars by Grant Morrison and Xermanico

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
    For decades that's been like the go-to with Hal. Running out of stuff to do with him? No problem! De-power him and/or take away his ring for a while. Then it can be triumphant when he puts it back on in a few months. This doesn't even seem that different than just a little while ago when he wore the big duster jacket and the Krona power gauntlet.

*yawn*
    This mini should be called "Hal Jordan this old chestnut again!"
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
      This mini should be called "Hal Jordan this old chestnut again!"
      It should be called "Green Lantern Comics and the Case of Why we Desperately Need Geoff Johns Back."
      Tell me you hate your boyfriend and love me.

INVISIBLE SKY DADDY TO THE RESCUE!!!

You don't have to be stupid to believe in God. But it helps.

You can tell a Yorkshireman....but you can't tell him much.

Comment

Nah.

Comment

Yeah, for me bringing Geoff back wouldn't help. In my opinion, he's already demonstrated that he isn't likely to do anything I'll like at this point. He seems to be more concerned with putting his indelible stamp on the GL mythos by adding a flood of new and retconned stuff to it than actually making good use of what is already there.
          Mister Ed
          Horse of a Different Color
          Last edited by Mister Ed; 08-16-2019, 08:11 PM.

Comment

cover art looks like sh!t (to me anyway) so PASS

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'm seriously considering telling my comic book store owner to skip the mini-series, I'll subscribe back when it's an actual power-ring comic.

Comment

I can see why you would feel like that. But it will probably feel like you are missing something without the 3 issues in between.

Comment

This seems like it will be Hal's "Red Son" storyline. It's always intriguing to see how a writer sees a character develop in another timeline -what things change, how the character reacts to the changes, what characteristics are indelible, etc. I'm hopeful this will continue Morrison's character study of Hal as a man.

Comment

I really don't see the value of this. This is just Elseworlds stuff.

Comment

This is the breather between Season 1 and Season 2.see them announce the latter, with Liam Sharp, before the year is over.

Comment

They're all imaginary stories anyway.

Comment

But I mean... can't we just have a guest writer and artist for a few issues instead? Why isn't that a thing anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                            They're all imaginary stories anyway.
                            Every time I hear something like that I think of that bit in Galaxy Quest where Tim Allen tells Justin Long the show is all real and he goes "I knew it."

Comment

Ha! That was hilarious.

I do get tired of constantly seeing comics on the shelf that are some kind of elseworld, flashpoint, or what if story. It's as if DC has no real interest in rebuilding the cohesive universe they destroyed in flashpoint/52. I never feel like checking anything out because I am totally detached from any temporary timeline or reality they are pushing that month. Obviously I'm in the minority because DC keeps doing them so their is an audience. But I certainly dont feel any connection to it. So I see why Andrew feels detached from this Blackstars 3 part mini. I hope it isn't that disposable.

Comment

Originally posted by HalFingJordan View Post
                                Oh dear, oh dear. How much do you gents all miss Geoff Johns now? A lot, but you won't admit it. I bet you're all wishing for his next big event now instead of this probably drug-induced snooze-fest.
                                Sinestro Corps. War was his peak. Every event after that was an event for the sake of an event.

Comment

Working...
                                X