Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's your favorite Alan Scott costume?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plus...there was an IMAGE character called Sentinel. ROB LIEFIELD IMAGE. Do we really want a great character like that?

You know...the black guy with the armour and that early 90s "square-do"?

Comment

Kinda reviving an old thread here, but I wanted to mention, I actually have this suit on Second life. And I came up with an oath to go with it:

The Burning flame of Lantern's Light,
      Will light up even the Darkest night
      Let those who fill the world with Fright,
      Burn like my Power!
      Sentinel's Might!

Yeah I use the sentinel name, but the Green lantern costume...
      The burning flame of Lantern's Light, will light up even the darkest Night.
      Let those who fill the world with fright, Beware my power! Green Lantern's Light!!!

Comment

Mine would be the one shot armour he wears in "Kingdom Come". Like the idea of the superhero warhorse who aged well and has some regallity to him.

Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
          Mine would be the one shot armour he wears in "Kingdom Come".
          He has worn it on a couple of different occasions now. And that sword he had has shown up at least 3 times that I can think of offhand.

Comment

Kingdom Come armor is my favorite design.

Comment

I really like the young Alan design as shown, but not the circumstances that came with it. The costume was awsome, but Molly was still an old woman and Alan has a SERIOUS chip on his shoulder. If the Red Lanterns existed back then he'd definately be a contender for their coprs. It's funny. His revamp had him be the angry lantern, Hal's revamp had him as the angry lantern, Guy's revamp had him as the angry lantern and Jhon was introduced as the angry lantern. The only mellow lantern throughout his tenure has been Kyle.

Comment

Originally posted by genesistorm View Post
                Just wondering..

I love this design.. not only it's my favorite design, but also one of my all time favorite superhero costumes..
                even though I think everyone else hates it. Also, I thought young Alan was cool.. don't get me wrong, I like the version we have now at JSA and it's more about the writer, but that look kicked ass, at least IMHO..

Whadda ya say?
                Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                Mine would be the one shot armour he wears in "Kingdom Come". Like the idea of the superhero warhorse who aged well and has some regallity to him.

i've always liked these two

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Just wondering..

I love this design.. not only it's my favorite design, but also one of my all time favorite superhero costumes..
                  even though I think everyone else hates it. Also, I thought young Alan was cool.. don't get me wrong, I like the version we have now at JSA and it's more about the writer, but that look kicked ass, at least IMHO..

Whadda ya say?
                  I too love this version of the costume......but as always when i see gl with orange on his suit im lke wtf?

Comment

Loved the 90's Alan suits, both the GL and Sentinel versions [except the afformentioned suit with NO symbol, wtf were they thinking?]. I read in an interview back then if Kyle hadn't worked out he'd have been replaced by Alan in the main GL title, and thinking about that almost makes me wonder how that would've been handled.

I smell a new fanfic idea....

~KL~

Comment

For sure, not the last one. Holly S... But what was the artist thinking.
                      And in the same month Alan was sick in bed in the JLA title, and old.
                      How explaining the fresh Alan in JSA ... Bad timing fox.
                      For me, the Sentinel/green Lantern costume and the Kingdom comes costumes are the best !

Comment

Just wondering..

Whadda ya say?
                        I agree, this costume rocks. They need to bring it back.
                        Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

I love the original suit. When drawn and colored well it can look really good.

Comment

The original will always be my favorite.

Comment

One thing I love about that picture is how big Alans lantern logo is, I have a thing for large logos. The mask is also his best. I think Kingdom Come or Sentinal (with the lantern logo) has to be my fave. The origional is the iconic Alan, but he looks like a circus performer. Hate his New 52 outfit though, I don't know why on earth (2 ) they used that, and I expected a cape with that. Would have been quite cool if he had a cape and the logo they were origionaly going to use. Maybe he could use some red on him though, it's iconic Alan after all.
                              Originally posted by IonFan
                              (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                              Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                              Originally posted by Quaker
                              I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

Working...
                              X