No announcement yet.

The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone watching this season. It has had a couple of good episodes that made it feel like classic who but not it is terrible again.
    Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• First look at John Simm’s Master in his new Doctor Who costume

Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
      Is anyone watching this season. It has had a couple of good episodes that made it feel like classic who but not it is terrible again.
      I did not like it starting off but the last three episodes have had pretty good bits. I hope they're not going to white wash the Master/Missy. He wiped out whole galaxies. He can't be good.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 06-21-2017, 02:51 PM.

Comment

• HE HAS A GOATEE!!!! About time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
          HE HAS A GOATEE!!!! About time.
          That was the first thing I said to my DW friend at my LCS (he hadn't seen the photo yet).

Comment

• I've been enjoying this series very much, I'd say the best of Moffat's run. The best of the NuWho though? Potentially a favourite of mine but I'm unsure about best of all time.

I've been re-watching some favourites from other Doctors too to see how they stack up. Neither Eccleston or Tennant as Doctors are as great as I remember him, in fact in some instances Tennant could actually get on my nerves a tiny bit. Too quirky and high pitched in places. I think Capaldi's almost definitely my favourite Doctor, I seem to prefer older Doctors I think. But I'm not so sure about which particular series of NuWho is my favourite (it's harder to judge which is the best series from the classic era as serials are easier judged on their own). I'm quite surprised how big a difference there is between episodes from 2005/2006 and 2017, the image is grainer and feels less well polished. The RTD years feel mostly like a blend of the McCoy and Pertwee era to me, whilst the Capaldi series' have felt a bit more like a balanced blend of everything, perhaps a tad more 80s and 60s out of everything.

There have been some particularly strong episodes this year imo, I'm fairly surprised looking back at box sets of the Tennant years how many episodes I'm there like "nope, I don't wanna watch this", particularly in series 3. The Pilot, Knock Knock, Oxygen, Empress of Mars and World Enough and Time can all be regarded as pretty good in my books. Really enjoying the Mondasian Cybermen, hope they return, without the Iron Man cybermen next time, perhaps even have the Mondasian's or something more along their lines become the norm. One can dream.

Sort of dreading the end of Capaldi. I'm usually wrong about casting, so if I'm pleased with the choice of next Doctor they're bound to be not so great and if I'm dismayed they may turn out to be pretty good...but now I've predicted this they may also turn out crap. Plus Capaldi's a tough act to follow, probably the toughest.
            Originally posted by IonFan
            (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
            Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
            If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
            Originally posted by Quaker
            I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Deadpool View Post
              ...Really enjoying the Mondasian Cybermen, hope they return, without the Iron Man cybermen next time, perhaps even have the Mondasian's or something more along their lines become the norm. One can dream. . .
              I was just saying this to a friend at the LCS. I want my real Cybermen.

Comment

• Massive, massive spoiler for the Christmas special. Enter at your own risk.
                http://oi66.tinypic.com/2d77f2w.jpg
                https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDgjMzDVoAA3zWS?format=jpg

Highlight to reveal:
                Looks like David Bradley's First Doctor's appearing in Capaldi's finale. Extremely mixed feelings about this. On the one hand, fucking hell, the First Doctor!! On the other, it's Capaldi's finale, I feel like he should have his own episode without the appearance of another Doctor. Would have been better to see the First Doctor appear in a series finale or something. But we'll have to see how the story plays out, looks exciting if nothing else. Also, Bill is present.
                http://oi65.tinypic.com/wityq1.jpg
                Originally posted by IonFan
                (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
                Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
                If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
                Originally posted by Quaker
                I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• So it's official this is the new Doctor.

I've never liked the idea of Timelords changing gender. In my mind a regeneration regenerates the organs that are already there. His body isn't replaced just renewed. To me it's not about sexism or anything like that I just don't agree with it in the story.

Not to mention that even though the character of Missy was enjoyable I don't think that the master would have ever went by the name Missy. It takes away from the authority of his name. So I don't have any hopes that this female Doctor will be any different.

I also feel like by making him a woman they are saying that a female can't be successful in a show like this unless it was first make successful by a man

Comment

• I think I'm done with nuWho. I've liked some things here and there, but I haven't really enjoyed the show overall in years. It's really classic DW I like.

Like Disney Star Wars, the franchise and I have parted ways.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 07-16-2017, 09:00 PM.

Comment

• oh h@ll yeah, finally a Doctor i can fap too

i'm f@cking with ya, i really don't care

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                        I think I'm done with nuWho. I've liked some things here and there, but I haven't really enjoyed the show overall in years. It's really classic DW I like.
                        I couldn't agree more.

I kind of wish they could give some of the old showrunners and writers a go at an 8th Doctor series.

Comment

• Tom Baker returns to Dr Who to complete lost episode

The Fourth Dr Who, Tom Baker, returns to film new footage to complete Shada, an episode that was abandoned due to a BBC strike.

Baker last appeared as the Doctor in 1981, when the character regenerated and the role was taken over by Peter Davison.

Seven hours of filming was in the can for an episode called Shada, which was intended to be the celebratory end to the 17th series of Doctor Who and was written by the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy author, Douglas Adams.

The corporation’s commercial arm BBC Worldwide has pieced the scenes together and, using the original scripts, filled in the gaps by creating animated versions of the characters, voiced by the original actors.

Baker appears in new, live-action footage of the Doctor as an old man. The producers used 1970s TV cameras and the original Tardis set and K9 robot dog model to make it look part of the original lost episode.
                          + YouTube Video
                          ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

• I am pumped about a "new" Tom Baker episode.

Comment

• So I deleted Doctor Who from my dvr. I hear that there was a Christmas episode.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post
                                So I deleted Doctor Who from my dvr. I hear that there was a Christmas episode.
                                Finishing it up right now. Nice to see a version of the First Doctor again and the first TARDIS.

Now, I plan to stop watching nuWho. I haven't been happy with it for a while, but now with this gender retcon, I'm out. Maybe some day I'll get antsy and watch those episodes on Netflix, but I don't really care right now.

I know I say that in certain circles and I'll be charged with sexism, but I don't feel like that's it. I've always gotten fed up with Retcons (Romana I's choosing regeneration; the movie's "half human" crap), but now I'm just tired of it.

I'd rather catch up with the classic Who I've missed and fill in my classic Who library.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 12-26-2017, 11:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X