This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KILLER-CLONE View Post
    Haters gonna hate. Sorry but did I see a different GL film to everyone else?

GL was vastly superior to both Cap America and Thor both in scope and spectacle. I may be biased but even those who saw the film with me agreed.
    Wrong on all counts buddy.

Comment

• i wouldn't say it was better then Thor or Cap's films but it was good in it's own rights

as i've said before the people that didn't like it thought they were getting the next Dark Knight or Avatar, i for one went in hoping to god that it wasn't another Last Airbender and i got what i was hoping for, was it good yes was it the greatest film ever gods no but it wasn't sh!t ether.

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        i wouldn't say it was better then Thor or Cap's films but it was good in it's own rights

as i've said before the people that didn't like it thought they were getting the next Dark Knight or Avatar,.
        WRONG again, some of us just wanted a good Green Lantern Hal Jordan story. and for those that thought the movie was below average, we didn't get a good Green Lantern Hal Jordan story.

Comment

• i dont think anyone went in expecting the next dark knight, at least not in tone. Perhaps in terms of strorytelling then maybe.

GL was a decent popcorn movie, no more no less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
            WRONG again, some of us just wanted a good Green Lantern Hal Jordan story. and for those that thought the movie was below average, we didn't get a good Green Lantern Hal Jordan story.
            u may not believe me IG but yes we did

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
            i dont think anyone went in expecting the next dark knight, at least not in tone. Perhaps in terms of strorytelling then maybe.

1) i can see your point

2) on this we agree

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• [QUOTE=Robinson;624272]i dont think anyone went in expecting the next dark knight, at least not in tone. Perhaps in terms of strorytelling then maybe.

QUOTE]

people have stated in video reviews that the film would have been 100% better if nolan directed it....

now im sorry but nolan may have did an awsome job on the bat franchise but i feel he has been becoming a bit over rated.

gl wouldnt even be his type of film since he likes to stick with "" realistic"" ideas.

i just wish the die hard cock sucking nolan fanboys would realize that.

what the gl live action movie franchise needs is someone who is good at writting a scifi style screen play and basicly know how to direct a sci fi film.
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• [QUOTE=TazzMission;624275]
                i dont think anyone went in expecting the next dark knight, at least not in tone. Perhaps in terms of strorytelling then maybe.

QUOTE]

people have stated in video reviews that the film would have been 100% better if nolan directed it....

now im sorry but nolan may have did an awsome job on the bat franchise but i feel he has been becoming a bit over rated.

gl wouldnt even be his type of film since he likes to stick with "" realistic"" ideas.

what the gl live action movie franchise needs is someone who is good at writting a scifi style screen play and basicly know how to direct a sci fi film.
                Those people are idiots.

Look face facts, this movie was incoherent and was lackluster.

Transformers 2 is more coherent Green Lantern.

Comment

• Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                  Those people are idiots.

What specific parts were incoherent to you?
                  Ch'psAcorn
                  Sinestro's Sparring Partner
                  Last edited by Ch'psAcorn; 08-18-2011, 05:06 AM.
                  COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

• [QUOTE=TazzMission;624275]

QUOTE]

his movies have realism in the tone, but the plots of his movies are far from realisitic.

He would have no trouble doing a gl movie.

Comment

• [QUOTE=Iggy;624276]
                      Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

Those people are idiots.

the movie was meh to me. sadly i got my hopes up after they revealed those trailers and shit.
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                        Your opinion :P

I loved the film and thought it was great!
                        Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
                          Your opinion :P

I loved the film and thought it was great!
                          thats the thing tho, a lot of people here are obviously biased. if you take that "love" out of the equation then alot of people see it for what it is.

Comment

• If you are not at least a little biased towards Green Lantern you really have no business being here on the GLCMB.

I would coment further,But I made my feelings pretty well known. I would like to hear some new opinions pro or against The Green Lantern Movie. Anything outta Iggy,Robinson and Myself seems pretty much like beating a dead horse now.
                            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

• I thought it was 'very good' when I first saw it, but time has allowed reality to set in, and I'm settling with a 'decent/mediocre' rating. It still doesn't deserve the trashing it got. I'm currently thinking C-.

Feels too much like a superhero movie from the 90s. The narration that frames the movie feels really dated, especially at the end. It was like watching a 90s movie promising new adventures you know you were never going to see because the movie bombed like The Shadow or The Phantom.

The score isn't in your face enough. Why wasn't it louder and more dramatic? The theme itself was okay if not generic.

The first act is very good, and all the stuff on Oa is dipped in gold, but by the time Hal gets back to Earth the movie falls apart.

The threat of the movie, Hammond tied in with Parallax, is not strong enough or portrayed very well. The ticking clock on Earth's demise isn't well done. Viewers should feel the impending doom getting closer to Earth as the movie progresses. They obviously TRIED to convey that and did some textbook things to get it across...but it doesn't work.

Hammond is just terrible. He's just so goofy and laughable that I don't feel any real danger from him.

I almost think I could have felt more peril if they used another one of Lex Luthor's crooked property schemes.

Still better than Spiderman 3 though! (ducks tomatoes)

Comment

• Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
                                If you are not at least a little biased towards Green Lantern you really have no business being here on the GLCMB.

I would coment further,But I made my feelings pretty well known. I would like to hear some new opinions pro or against The Green Lantern Movie. Anything outta Iggy,Robinson and Myself seems pretty much like beating a dead horse now.
                                I'm bias towards Green Lantern (the character) and that's probably why I saw it 3 times in the theater. However, to say someone shouldn't post here if they are not is such a foolish statement. A fan can and should praise something when it's good, and criticize something when it's bad. Many of us have done so because the movie wasn't that good at all.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Working...
                                X