View Single Post
Old 04-14-2011, 05:11 AM   #12
Ωmega Man
Guardian of the Universe

Default Chapter 3

Sector 1417, Korugar

"The Green Lanterns killed Sinestro! Kill them!" many of the Sinestro's cried out blasting at the two Lanterns.

John and Ganthet flew aimlessly through the Korugan sky deflecting blast after blast. They put up personal shields and for the moment kept the treaty in tact.

"We need to contact Oa, but there's some kind of interferance...." John started to say before being interrupted.

"The residual Starheart energy. We need to reach Oa, fast. I would teleport us there but the Starheart also effects my internal power as well." Ganthet said dodging debris from a yellow blast.

"We might make it to Oa in one piece after all. Look, the Sinestro's are retreating back to their Central Battery!"John said looking back in awe.

Sector 0, Oa

Later....

Salaak has several Lanterns in a meeting room. His four arms are behind his back. Soranik Natu, Iolande, Vath, Isamot, Torequemada, Garmin Vid, Stel, Tomar Tu, John Stewart, Ganthet, among several others. There's a tension in the room that is unexplainable. Ganthet and John looked worried. Some of the Lanterns talked quitely amongst themselves.

"I heard the Torchbearer went missing shortly before it went down." said a random alien Lantern.

"Sinestro got what was coming to him!" whispered another.

"I am sure by now you have all heard of Sinestro's death." Salaak said silencing the room.

"Kyle Rayner of sector 2814's ring went off the grid in sector 1961. It came back for less than five minutes in Sector 1417. The Guardian's beleive Rayner is a person of interest in finding out the truth behind Sinestro's death. Sinestro's Corps beleive our truce is broken. The Guardians are under the impression that the Yellow Lanterns will not be a threat for long with their smaller numbers and no one to lead them." Salaak said as some of the Lanterns looked anxious.

"Lantern Natu, the Guardians ask that you choose a team of Lanterns to venture back to sector 1417 and destroy the Sinestros' Central Battery as well as secure the fear entity. Lantern Stewart, you are to choose a team to accompany Lantern Natu's team as far as sector 1417. Once there investigate the residual energies of the Starheart and determine if Rayner was on a path to Earth. I have already notified Hal Jordan. Report to me with any new information, meeting adjourned." Salaak finished as the Lanterns all began to exit the room.

"I hope Natu picks me, I want to take some Sinestros down!" commented one Lantern.

"The Torchbearer would be more of a challenge." said the red skinned Lantern Turytt as John and Ganthet looked on at their brothers in arms.

Sector 2814, Earth

Kyle Rayner walked down a long and winding road out in the middle of nowhere. His face didn't look like it had seen a razor in several days. He had a duffle bag over his right shoulder and underneith his jacket he was wearing a black and red striped shirt.

"My name is Kyle Rayner. Less than twenty four hours ago I did what no other Lantern, including Hal, could do. I put an end to Sinestro. The renegade Green Lantern. Some say the greatest. He killed thousands, if not millions of lives over the years. I tell myself he got what he deserved. I'm finally back home, on Earth anyway. I don't know where I'm going to live, or what my friends in the super hero circles will think once they hear I killed Sinestro." Kyle thought to himself walking up on a mom and pop's style diner.

Walking through the door a jukebox was playing and there were several people in the small place of business. There were three men playing pool on one side of the resteraunt. Kyle walked to the bathroom. He used the sink to rinse off his face and he took a long look at himself in the mirror.

Walking out Kyle looked over and smelled the food in the back and accidentally bumped into one of the men playing pool.

"Hey! Watch where you're goin' mother fu..." the man started to say before Kyle turned around with a pissed look on his face with green energy escaping his eyes.

Sector 1417, Korugar

"The Sinestros have retreated, probably to the anti-matter universe." said Soranik hovering over the large crater in the canyons where the yellow Central Battery once sat.

"Not only is their Central Battery gone, Lantern Natu, there is no trace of the Parallax entity either." said Torquemada with Garmin Vid close behind.

"The people of Korugar could use a few hands getting back on their feet, Natu said looking back to her team of Lanterns, "I could use all the help I can get...." she continued.

"Lantern Ookla, fly back to Oa and report to Salaak what we've found. I'll report to him as soon as my ring begins functioning properly again. The rest of us will round up the injured Sinestros left behind and begin the clean-up process. I will also be attending to several wounded Korugans." Natu told the oddly familiar Lantern [can you guess where that's from?].

Isamot, Vath, Garmin Vid, Torquemada, and a few others stayed behind with Soranik and Princess Iolande.

Sector 2814, Earth

Kyle continued walking with his duffle bag. He came up on a sign that said "Welcome to Gotham" and continued walking towards the city as the sun began to go down.

Hours later....

It was dark in Gotham. Oddly enough Batman and Robin were nowhere to be seen. Kyle came to a house and knocked on the door. An older woman answered.

"Hello, Molly. Is Alan at home by chance?" Kyle asked.

"Kyle? You look like you've seen better days...." she said as Alan walked to the door.

"Kyle! I felt the Starheart energy and expected it to be Jenny at the door. Come in...."

Minutes later....

"I don't blame you for what you've done Kyle. Sinestro was a monster, and I can't say that I wouldn't do the same under those kinds of circumstances. What are you going to do now?" Alan asked concerned with the road Kyle was on.

"I'm not too sure. I'll have to see where I stand with Hal and the guys before I know for certain. For now I'm just laying low and staying on the road. There's a chance the Sinestro Corps will come looking for me, so I'm trying to stay in less populated areas when I can. It's been awhile since I got to spend more than a few hours on Earth, so I'm trying to make the best of it." Kyle replied sipping on a cup of coffee.

The telephone rang and Molly brought it to Alan. He got an annoyed look on his face.

"I understand, I'll send him out." Alan replied to whomever.

"The Justice League wants you outside. They want to speak with you but I don't think...." Alan begins saying.

"It's okay, Alan. I can handle it. Molly, you make a good cup of joe as always. Take care of the big guy." Kyle said walking out the door.

"Kyle, I...." Alan began as the door closed behind Kyle as his dark costume burned onto his body as his eyes flickered green energy.

Batman [Dick Grayson], Donna Troy, Congorilla, the Starman from space, and Jesse Quick were waiting in the street with a JLA sky cruiser above them.

"Jordan said you might have killed Sinestro." Batman said bluntly to the Dark Lantern.

"I might have." Kyle responded as he started to hover in place.

"We don't want to bring you in, Kyle. As far as I'm concerned, what happens in space stays in space. We just want to make sure you're doing okay..." Donna said hovering above her teammates with Starman.

"I don't know if you heard about what happened to Roy, but I won't let somebody with your kind of power go down that road without a fight." Batman said boldly as his team prepaired for Kyle to make a move.

"I don't want a fight. I just want to be left alone." Kyle said as energy errupted from his eyes.

"Not in MY city." Batman responded.

Suddenly Jesse Quick got a surprised look on her face.

"Now excuse me, son...." Alan said, now standing out in front of his home with Jade by his side.

Sector 0, Oa

"So their Central Battery was gone?" Salaak asked.

"That is correct, Lantern Salaak." Ookla growled.

"I wonder what's been done with the yellow entity...." Salaak pondered.

The Anti-Matter Universe, Qward

Screams are heard around the Central Battery of the Sinestro Corps. Hundreds of Sinestros watch in awe of their new leader who has ordered several Sinestros to bring him more Qwardians to devour. The entity of fear has taken a host. Arkillo walks on all fours with a long tail, yellow Parallax armor, and an even larger jaw of teeth than he had before. He crawls up to another half eaten Qwardian.

"These Qwardian weaponers will only feed my stomach, I must feed on fear! I must feed.... on a Guardian!" the monstrous creature screamed.

To be continued!

~KL~

Last edited by Ωmega Man; 04-14-2011 at 05:29 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the final scene involving the GLC
Ωmega Man is offline   Reply With Quote