• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 Announced

"In brightest day, in blackest night,
    No evil shall escape my sight.
    Let those who worship evil's might,
    Beware my power, Green Lantern's light.”

Since the first Green Lantern was introduced in All-American Comics #16 in May 1940 by artist Martin Nodell and writer Bill Finger, the Green Lanterns have been fan-favorite characters with millions of comic book fans. From that first ring-wielding Lantern to the latest, and every strong-willed Super Hero in-between, many have spoken the Green Lantern oath and pledged to defend their home sector from evils of every nature. Now, in 2020, this corps of extraterrestrial space police built up from all alien races and places are celebrating 80 years of keeping the DC universe safe!

To commemorate the 80th anniversary of the original Green Lantern, Alan Scott, DC will be publishing Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 on May 20, 2020. Join us to see tales of all of the universe’s most legendary Green Lanterns: Alan Scott, Hal Jordan, John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, Jessica Cruz and Simon Baz, plus appearances from other cosmic favorites!

In addition to a dynamic cover by Liam Sharp, fans and collectors can also look forward to eight variant covers spotlighting Lanterns throughout the decades, drawn by some of comics’ premier artists:
    • 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
    • 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
    • 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
    • 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
    • 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
    • 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
    • 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
    • 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams

The legendary lineup of creators contributing their talents to Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular include Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O’Neil, Fernando Pasarin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti, and more—all with the goal to keep the galaxy glowing bright!

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 is a prestige format comic book retailing for $9.99 and available at local comic retailers and digital retailers on May 20, 2020. Please consult your local comic book store for more information regarding the decade variant covers.

Green Lantern 80th Anniversary Variants

Variant by Nicola Scott

Variant by Matt Taylor

Variant by Doug Mahnke

Variant by David Finch

Variant by Neal Adams

Variant by Phillip Tan

Variant by Ivan Reis

Hypo
    Lil' Leaguer
    Last edited by Hypo; 02-17-2020, 06:37 PM.

Comment

if the art is good I WILL BE GETTING THIS

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

I'll see if Guy gets any stories.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
          Oh I'm sure we'll see plenty of Jessica Cruz.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
            Ditto.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
              [CENTER]Green Lantern 80th Anniversary Variants

I want all of the variant covers. Yes, all of them. And I'd love to have this image as a print or poster. I wish Kilowog was in this pic, but it's otherwise perfect. If that's not a legacy of which to be proud, I don't know what is!
              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                I want all of the variant covers. Yes, all of them. And I'd love to have this image as a print or poster. I wish Kilowog was in this pic, but it's otherwise perfect. If that's not a legacy of which to be proud, I don't know what is!

Comment

Reminds me of the "DC Retroactive: The 80s, The 90s," etc. specials. Which they did as a goodbye to everything before right as they slid into "Flashpoint."

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                    if the art is good I WILL BE GETTING THIS
                    It's got like 5+ artists attached, you're bound to like one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      It's got like 5+ artists attached, you're bound to like one of them.
                      ya think so wouldn't ya but this is DC, and DC for some reason doesn't like giving GL the best art, and i don't know why?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Twitter is blowing up over this. This year reminds me of 10 years ago when the movie was in production, we got word that there was going to be an animated series, and the internet hype was palpable.

It's our time again!

Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                          It's our time again!

That would be nice, although I imagine that depends on what we have in store in terms of long-term plans. I imagine it will continue to be a challenge for DC to figure out what to do with all umpteen lanterns we have running around these days.

Comment

I dunno... like I said, kind of seems like a goodbye rather than a going forward thing. Just like last time.

Comment

I mean it's neither, it's DC looking at the success of Detective Comics #1000 and Action Comics #1000 and trying to recreate those sales numbers for other characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X