Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks goodness someone else finally posted. This is about a week. [Normally it would be more, but I was out of town for two days and had a backlog of subscription videos on Youtube.]

[Rifftrax:] Blood Theatre (1984/2019)

"The theater's been closed for two weeks, but people are still waiting for Avengers: Endgame to finish."

30 Days of Night: Dark Days (2010)

"I told you."

Blood of Dracula (1957)
    [aka Blood Is My Heritage]
    [aka I Was a Teenage Vampire]

"We can make life awfully miserable for oddballs."

Okay, 'science'-based teen horror. Quick watch.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-27-2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
      Thanks goodness someone else finally posted.
      Things have been difficult of late. It's been probably three whole months since I got a disc from Netflix and I just can't find the time to spend on it. I've got a year's backlog on YouTube (including whatever James Rolfe is putting out for this year's Monster Madness) because my laptop is starting to go and that's going to absolutely devour my free time if I start clearing it. Also doesn't help that I need to do at-home online courses for my job so I can get my yearly review because the work computers won't admit a number of users (the data company mangled things when dealing with a virus so now a lot of people are locked out of their accounts, including me).
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Night of the Living Dead (1990)

"This is something no one's ever heard about, and no one's ever seen before. This is hell on earth."

30th anniversary of Savini's remake of his friend and sometimes employer's cult classic. Better than you'd expect (and less gory than I remembered). Not needed, but not a waste of time either, imo.

The Addams Family (1991)

"And our credo: Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc. 'We gladly feast on those who would subdue us.' Not just pretty words."

Addams Family Values (1993)

"You'll meet someone. Someone very special. Someone who won't press charges."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        Things have been difficult of late. It's been probably three whole months since I got a disc from Netflix and I just can't find the time to spend on it. I've got a year's backlog on YouTube (including whatever James Rolfe is putting out for this year's Monster Madness) because my laptop is starting to go and that's going to absolutely devour my free time if I start clearing it. Also doesn't help that I need to do at-home online courses for my job so I can get my yearly review because the work computers won't admit a number of users (the data company mangled things when dealing with a virus so now a lot of people are locked out of their accounts, including me).
        Hope it gets easier. I find more distractions from movie watching then I used to. I have so many subscriptions on Youtube now that when I miss a few days it's like 8 hours of stuff to catch up on. I really should cut back.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-27-2020, 03:35 AM.

Comment

• Master of the World (1961)

"Here's the comic relief again! Time to pick up the pots!" -- my dad

In Morgantown, PA, a nearby mountain erupts and the ground shakes, with a booming voice quoting scripture. The government sends Charles Bronson to investigate, enlisting the help of Henry Hull and a couple others (an obnoxious fiance and a headstrong young woman) to discover Vincent Price cosplaying Captain Nemo as he simultaneously rips off Howard Hughes by using an advanced paper SHIELD helicarrier to threaten and bomb everyone into abandoning war and embracing peace.

My dad swore we watched it already but I've never seen this, so he probably watched it many years ago on TV and maybe I caught it as a little kid but I cannot remember.

Overall this is a fairly entertaining film (free on YouTube because someone recorded it off their TV and while the quality is sub-par it's good enough and the acting, especially from Price and Hull, are solid).
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Cat People (1942)

"You can't fool a cat."

Mr. Sardonicus (1961)

"Do not worry. I'm not a man who's affectionate in the morning hours."

Fun William Castle flick about a peasant who becomes rich when he robs the winning lottery ticket from his dead father's grave, but who also gets his face stuck in a Joker-like grimace of horror.

Old Dark House (1963)

"How can a house die?"

William Castle's more comedic remake of the James Whale classic. Humor mostly fell flat for the family and me.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
            Master of the World (1961)... In Morgantown, PA, a nearby mountain erupts and the ground shakes, with a booming voice quoting scripture. . .
            I liked that one (enough that I'd like to buy it some day). Forgot it started in Morgantown, PA. That's like an hour from my home.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-26-2020, 03:20 AM.

Comment

• Cat People is one of my favorite old movies. Very original and, especially for its time, very well staged.

Jules Verne's novel Master of the World was a sequel to his novel Robur the Conqueror. In the novel MotW, Robur's base was in a mountain in North Carolina.

The talented Richard Matheson wrote the screenplay for the movie.
              Trey Strain
              Guardian of the Universe
              Last edited by Trey Strain; 10-26-2020, 04:41 PM.

Comment

• The Ghost and Mr. Chicken (1966)

"When you work with words, words are your work."

[Rifftrax:] The Dark Power (1985/2015)

"This really sucks.
                -Not a line; just this actress reflecting on her decision to be in this movie."

[Rifftrax:] Mind Ripper (1995/2017)

"Feels like a Resident Evil game before you figure out the controls or what you're supposed to do."

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                Cat People is one of my favorite old movies. Very original and, especially for its time, very well staged. . .
                It is so good. I've seen it several times, but it had been a while.

I actually really like Curse of the Cat People too despite it barely being connected. The one shot of Simone Simon in the snowy backyard is just so beautiful.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-27-2020, 03:38 AM.

Comment

I actually really like Curse of the Cat People too despite it barely being connected. The one shot of Simone Simon in the snowy backyard is just so beautiful.
                  I also like Curse of the Cat People. It's too bad that Val Lewton died of heart problems at 46. I also wish Simone Simon had had a longer career in movies.

Don Knotts was one of several actors from his era who quit hit television shows with visions of movie stardom dancing in their heads. Others included Andy Griffith and Dick Van Dyke.

Comment

• The Predator (2018)

"That's not a predator, that's a sports hunter."

Life (2017)

"This is some Re-Animator s**t.
                    -That's a very obscure reference.
                    Not for a nerd."

Get Out (2017)

"Now, you're in the sunken place."

I also like Curse of the Cat People. It's too bad that Val Lewton died of heart problems at 46. I also wish Simone Simon had had a longer career in movies...

A classic beauty and intriguing actress. There's something about her that always draws me in. I get a similar exotic vibe from Ramsay Ames, who was also underutilized, but was actually American born. [I know her mostly from The Mummy's Ghost.]

Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-29-2020, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Get Out (2017)
                      "Now, you're in the sunken place."
                      I think Brian Williams lied to Allison Williams about being her father.

Comment

• House of Dark Shadows (1970)

"If I told the police that the creature they're looking for lives by night, and sleeps in a coffin by day they might question my sanity."

Re-watched for its 50th anniversary.

[Rifftrax Live:] House on Haunted Hill (1959/2011)

"Frank Lloyd really phoned it in for this one."

I think Brian Williams lied to Allison Williams about being her father.
                        Don't see a resemblance? I didn't know this until I just checked.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-30-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Don't see a resemblance? I didn't know this until I just checked.
                          You know about Brian Williams telling all those lies and getting caught, right?

Comment

• The Golem (1920)

"The stars foretell disaster!"

An inspiration for the look of cinematic Frankenstein, this silent classic turned 100 yesterday. (Re-watched it for free on Youtube).

You know about Brian Williams telling all those lies and getting caught, right?
                            I'm sure I did, but forgot among a bunch of other scandals.

Comment

• Not a film but season 2 episode 1 of The mandalorian. Im grining with joy
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark (2019)

"You don't read the book. It reads you."
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-31-2020, 03:22 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X