Battlestar Galactica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battlestar Galactica

Any fans of the latest incarnation, I've only seen the first two seasons and I think it is the best show on tv. I am sad however that it will end with the fourth season.

not really a fan of the latest or the original. story line just didn't seem that interesting to me.

the only thing i liked about the BG universe are their ships. the galactica cruisers and the colonnial vipers; the cylon raider and base stars. those were awesome!
    When hope, compassion and love are gone; For rage, avarice and fear have won

From the center the green shall alight; By will and justice shinning bright

To those who dwell in evil's might; Beware my power
    Green Lantern's Light

Comment

Yo.

the original RULEZ, and the remake DROOLS.

*throws a tomato @ the remake*

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
        Yo.

Tazer
        Aww come on man don't hate

Comment

I saw the first half of the first season of the new show. I never got to see the rest, and I never regretted that. I liked what I saw, but not enough for me to actually want to see more. There are other great ways to spend my time.

Comment

I was a big fan of the original and also love the new one. The story is great and I cant wait for January to see how it all ends.

Comment

I prefer the new over the old one, it's a lot more gritty and down to earth than other sci-fi shows out there, especially Stargate

Originally posted by Plastroncafe
              Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

Comment

Yo.

Tazer
                Have you watched the original lately? I had fond memories of it, myself, but when I rewatched it recently, it was so painfully cheesy that I laughed out loud several times. The new one is, IMHO, VASTLY superior as a serious drama, even if the other one is still fun to watch, if only for the mocking opportunities...

Comment

i've learned never to re-watch a lot of my favorite childhood shows. after getting burned several times, i prefer to remember them with the innocence i had when i first watched it.

some of the more memorable disappointments were:
                  - battlestar galactica
                  - megaforce
                  - MASK the cartoon
                  - willie wonka with gene wilder

-
                  When hope, compassion and love are gone; For rage, avarice and fear have won

From the center the green shall alight; By will and justice shinning bright

To those who dwell in evil's might; Beware my power
                  Green Lantern's Light

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    The new one is, IMHO, VASTLY superior as a serious drama...
                    Indeed, the new show is fantastic!

Originally posted by glantern View Post
                    I've learned never to re-watch a lot of my favorite childhood shows. after getting burned several times, I prefer to remember them with the innocence I had when I first watched it.
                    Me too, can't watch any old Speed Racer cartoons... I tried, but decided to leave the past as it was.

Comment

I'd never seen this. I just watched the mini and about half of season 1. Pretty good! I'm sold. Starbuck piloting the Cylon starfighter in the guts cockpit was a little shark jumpy, but not too alarming.

Comment

Yo.

just curious: wat about the remake finally caught yur eye a decade later??

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                        Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Yo.

just curious: wat about the remake finally caught yur eye a decade later??

Tazer
                          Two things:

#1: this news, that they're making a sequel to it or something now: http://www.darkhorizons.com/esmail-s...-not-a-reboot/

#2: Just seeing it pop up on Amazon Prime one day. So, accessibility!

But I've always meant to get around to it eventually.

Comment

I actually tried that show for a bunch of episodes, but could not get into it. There's only one Battlestar Galactica to me.

Comment

I loved the original Battlestar Galactica. I don't think anything since has captured the same feel of the series. I thought Brian Singer's ideas about bringing it back were interesting and sad they decided to go the "remake" route.
                              http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X