How are you reading your comics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How are you reading your comics?

Are you a single issue guy. Do you wait for the Trades? Are you a high tech digital dude? are you double dipping? Are you and all covers nut? Lay it on me.
    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Still buy the floppies new--go to the LCS every Wednesday. I'm even planning to stop at a different store tomorrow as I'll be out of state.

Comment

I like that. I switched to Digital. I had Too many long boxes. I had to thin my herd. I still buy GL. I like having the TPBS on my book shelf,but I like Not having to fish for and un-bag a back issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Rotten2thecorps View Post
        I like that. I switched to Digital. I had Too many long boxes. I had to thin my herd. I still buy GL. I like having the TPBS on my book shelf,but I like Not having to fish for and un-bag a back issue.
        If I had the money/space, I'd buy the trades too, but I don't and I rarely go back anyway. As it is, I too am running out of space. I have to move lesser used boxes to the basement soon. I have several stacks sitting on top of the many long boxes. But I've cut back on the monthly reading. Some Wednesdays I only pick up 2 or 3 comics. Tomorrow is a medium-high week with expected 7 issues.

Comment

My comic buddy and I use half of our lunch break every Wednesday to go to our LCS. We miss it here and there but we're pretty loyal. The store has been there a few years so I guess we've been doing it about that long.

I mainly read DC and Image. These days its less superhero stuff and more sci fi and horror. I get licensed stuff like Robotech and Dark Crystal, but I don't always read them right away. I get some of the random IDW crossovers for fun.

I have two and a quarter legal size file cabinets full of floppies, GL and Robotech being the largest by volume, and just about every Transformer floppy from Marvel to early IDW. Several bookshelves full of trades from all companies and all kinds of video game related books.

I try to go through and find items i would no longer read or hold no real value to me in order to trim things down. Space is becoming a premium and decisions have to be made.

I have some digital comics from Humble Bundle, but I haven't really tried them too much. I definitely prefer physical media but I can see where digital has it's strengths. I have the entire IDW Transformer saga pre-reboot and a bunch of GI Joe from Humble Bundle all on a device smaller than my pinky nail and it was not costly. But I have read maybe a few issues of that versus hundreds physical pages each month. It's a hard decision to make.

Comment

I like Floppies,but I hate dealing with bags. With the Tablet the picture on old comics is usually cleaned up so I dig that. But the Industry needs those Floppies to sell to stay alive,So I still buy GL.

That said you should see if your town has an Ollie's discount store. They got a big shipment of comics I bought a lot of TPB's pretty cheap from there.

Comment

I only buy monthly floppies for a select group of old favorites, which currently has me at 3 ongoing titles. I say I buy trades but I rarely ever have to do so, which is also saving me space and money.

I got the DC streaming service this year so on my big screen in the living room I have amused myself somewhat reading new and old comics on the couch. It still feels weird to do it and would never be my thing, but hell, it's paid for so I dabble in it.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                If I had the money/space, I'd buy the trades too, but I don't and I rarely go back anyway. As it is, I too am running out of space. I have to move lesser used boxes to the basement soon. I have several stacks sitting on top of the many long boxes. But I've cut back on the monthly reading. Some Wednesdays I only pick up 2 or 3 comics. Tomorrow is a medium-high week with expected 7 issues.
                So you're like 15-20 titles a month at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
                  So you're like 15-20 titles a month at the moment?
                  I guess that's about right.

Comment

I'm reading almost everything digital now but still buy trades and floppies every so often. My monthly list is trimmed down as well with issues stacking up for books I haven't got caught up on. The Green Lantern, The Flash, Hawkman, Doomsday Clock, and Action Comics I'm caught up on with issues stacking up for Young Justice, Wonder Twins, Aquaman, Justice League, and Batman Beyond.

Comment

I prefer single issues. Trades when I can't get those. Hardcovers only for stuff I really love (like Watchmen or Locke and Key).

With Marvel, I like buying the single issues, entering the codes at Marvel.com and then downloading digital copies of those issues to read on the bus.

Comment

Working...
                      X