Redesigning Superman CHALLENGE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redesigning Superman CHALLENGE

Title says it all folks. The end of Geoff Johns and John Romita Jr's Superman is coming to a close and with it we have Superman gaining a new power in the Solar Flare [or was it Super Flare?] as well as a new suit since his other New52 suit got destroyed. I was unimpressed with what JRJR produced as far as a new costume but I kinda dig the new power.

This challenge is to try and get a few of the more active posters/artists to try and +1 JRJR and GJ. Hold on to your suspension of disbelief and imagine a world where you got to have final say in what new power Superman would add to his arsenal and what his new costume would look like. You can incorporate the new power in the image or suit if you'd like or simply describe what you would give him in terms of power upgrade. Would you go ahead and keep the Solar Flare?

So there it is. I figure if we can get at least 5-10 participants we can have a vote afterwards for which one is the superior design for the Man of Steel. Who's up for the CHALLENGE?

~KL~

I'm in

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Well I knew you would be :P

~KL~

Comment

I'm definitely in. A few questions though.
        1) Can I do multiple designs
        2) Can I use microheroes, drawings, or both?
        3) Can I also do a movie design or alternate design?
        Originally posted by IonFan
        (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
        Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
        If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
        Originally posted by Quaker
        I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

One design per participant, micros are fine but I'm probably gonna do both since I dont have a proper scanner or program to color my pencil work.

~KL~

Comment

I would just go back to the classic. Most characters only dream of becoming as Iconic as Superman. So why needlesly try to update his look when his iconic look is already almost unversally accepted? It seems like shooting one's self in the foot to constantly update a look that already works. plus the fanbase never really gets on board with it, Remember Superman red and Blue. or Ho much people bithced about his long hair days?
            Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
              One design per participant, micros are fine but I'm probably gonna do both since I dont have a proper scanner or program to color my pencil work.

~KL~
              Ah okay, fair enough.
              If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.

Comment

Deadline? And there has to be more than us wanting to do this. THIS should also be a monthly thing. I know that TKL has loads of ideas....

Comment

Tuesday March 31st. We can try to do one a month if we can get enough people behind it. Already got an idea for another Challenge.

~KL~

Comment

This what I'm working on, all digital right now

Comment

Originally posted by The Kid Lantern View Post
                      Tuesday March 31st. We can try to do one a month if we can get enough people behind it. Already got an idea for another Challenge.

~KL~
                      Okay, sounds good.
                      Originally posted by TheGoatLantern View Post
                      This what I'm working on, all digital right now
                      Nice work so far!

Comment

I had a moment last night and a new redesign came to me in an instant. Most original Superman design I've come up with in YEARS that doesn't resemble a half dozen other redesigns in my drawing notebook. I almost took a pic last night and sent it to you, Goat, but figured I'd surprise you. Hopefully I can find somebody to color it well enough or I'll just have to make a micro alongside it to show off the altered color palette.

As far as an additional power to go with it? I personally liked the power upgrade from All Star Superman where his protective aura could also cover whatever he's holding/carrying. I just didn't care for the visual and the color they chose...

~KL~

Comment

Yo.

this......sounds interesting; as long as I dont have to do any drawing (cuz I SUCK at it), then count me in as well.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Um... it's an art challenge. The whole point is the art LOL

However, I wouldn't mind your thoughts on what you'd change with the costume and the power upgrade you had in mind.

~KL~

Comment

One week to go and not a single entry? I can't seem to work my scanner and I doubt I could color one of my sketches so I'm gonna have to break down and go micro style. I know Goat also started over on his design in favor of something with a little more mph.

My original redesign had a coupled armor bits around his neck and wrists, with a yellow cape and a white bodysuit with the KC red/black S. The design overall was supposed to mimic Space Ghost's. My new one? I went simplistic with it, w/no cape and there isn't any blue in the suit at all. I'll post the micro soon after I drop my son off at his grandma's!

~KL~

Comment

Working...
                              X