Justice League Abridged!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some good lines there. Im gonna have fun with this
    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

AND NOW PRESENTING THE FIRST EPISODE OF JUSTICE LEAGUE: THE ABRIDGED SERIES!
      "The Scent of Danger!"
      + YouTube Video
      ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

EDIT: This is the cleaned up version that I posted on the second page of this thread. The original was deleted.
      Prime
      Attention Whore
      Last edited by Prime; 06-24-2010, 03:08 AM.

Comment

Good start Prime.

Comment

Thanks. Episode 2 will be much better since it won't just be me voicing everyone

Comment

Hm... not a bad start.

What program are you using to edit the video? I think maybe before moving on to episode 2, you should tinker some more with this episode and practice editing. The zoom in on Superman toward the beginning was a good example of a place that needs to be cleaned up. Also, I noticed that a lot of the sound was chopped off before it was finished (including the intro music). It would be better if you let that ring through. Also, sometimes there isn't background sound when there should be.

As far as voices go, I think you did a pretty good job of making distinct characters that didn't sound like one another. I think the voices would sound a lot better if you said the lines quicker. That would energize the lines.

This is definitely a good start though. We just need to work on some of the minor details that make a huge difference. I might send in an audition if I can figure out a way to get a hold of a microphone. Can we get a little synopsis of what you plan on doing with each of the main characters?
            MEH

Comment

Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
              Hm... not a bad start.

What program are you using to edit the video? I think maybe before moving on to episode 2, you should tinker some more with this episode and practice editing. The zoom in on Superman toward the beginning was a good example of a place that needs to be cleaned up. Also, I noticed that a lot of the sound was chopped off before it was finished (including the intro music). It would be better if you let that ring through. Also, sometimes there isn't background sound when there should be.

As far as voices go, I think you did a pretty good job of making distinct characters that didn't sound like one another. I think the voices would sound a lot better if you said the lines quicker. That would energize the lines.

This is definitely a good start though. We just need to work on some of the minor details that make a huge difference. I might send in an audition if I can figure out a way to get a hold of a microphone. Can we get a little synopsis of what you plan on doing with each of the main characters?
              Yeah I noticed the editing was pretty choppy and I've already been making it a point to fix that in episode 2.

As for the main characters:

Superman- Going to be as you probably saw, much more of a super hero than he even is in the comics. So much that he's blinded most of the time by trying to be a hero to even realize what's going on .

Batman- Much more of a prick and much more aggressive. He also has a hatred for aliens, loves declaring he's THE BATMAN.

Green Lantern- Acts and sounds like Chris Tucker.

Flash- Going to be much more of a loser in the group who no one thinks is worth anything and always put him down because he's a C-List hero in their minds.

Martian Manhunter- Complete opposite of what the actual show did. He's going to be a sarcastic guy who loves making jokes, pulling pranks like erasing people's minds, and acts very human compared to how the real J'onn would act.

Wonder Woman and Hawkgirl- Still trying to figure that out...

Thanks for the critiques though! I'm going to be trying to clean all of that stuff up for Episode 2.

Comment

Sounds good.

There are a lot of places you can go with Wonder Woman. You could take her use of Greek mythology to the extreme so that occasionally she will just go into an incoherent rant that none of the other members understand. You could have her always fawning after Batman and have Batman not so subtly turn her down. You could make her really, really macho. These are just some ideas.

For Hawkgirl, I think the humor with her could come from her constant use of the mace. It's like she only has two thoughts, hitting something with her mace or not hitting with her mace. That could be fun.
                MEH

Comment

I was thinking along the same lines for WW....maybe play up the Amazon thing too much. She could just be really butch and aggressive and going off constantly about how she was chosen by the god or something like that.
                  I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Cool ideas guys. The Hawkgirl one's pretty funny so I'll use that. And I think I'll go with the idea to play up the Amazon factor. Having her go off on tangent's about the gods has the potential to be hilarious.

And also, please get those auditions to me as soon as possible. Thanks.

Comment

So... who's up for grabs JLA-wise ???

Comment

Originally posted by Glomulus View Post
                        So... who's up for grabs JLA-wise ???
                        Still looking for a Flash, Wonder Woman, and Hawkgirl.

Comment

Working on the script for Episode 2 while cleaning up Episode 1 a bit. Going to upload the cleaned up version of that episode and will be deleting the first version so if suddenly that one is gone, don't be alarmed

Comment

Sounds good. If you want, you can send pm the script when you're done so I can look it over and give you some suggestions.
                            MEH

Comment

The new and improved Episode 1(featuring more background sound effects, and some cleaned up scenes, most notably the dog fight scene and the UN meeting)

+ YouTube Video
                              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Comment

i could be Flash... Maybe Hawkgirl...

I could also do incidental characters as jokes.
                                [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                                DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X