Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haha, I've actually been wrapping up my Platinum trophy for Skyrim (PS3).

I have a few more Daedric quests to complete, break out of jail, and rack up a large bounty in all of the Holds.

Very close to the Borderlands 2 (PS3/Vita) Platinum as well, I only need to get the two bronze trophies for using the Gunzerker's and Assassin's special abilities a certain way.

Comment

• I haven't touched either Skyrim or Oblivion. Really need to. Hell, I never got very far in Morrowind (fucking Balmora Temple quest was bugged and I couldn't progress, so I ended up playing other things and moving on).

Waiting for my order of Fallout: New Vegas Ultimate Edition to arrive. Was debating whether to actually get it or not, especially after seeing a bunch of FudgeMuppet's videos on YouTube, in particular the Great Khans Exile build, and decided to just bite the bullet and get the thing.

Also need to get around to playing Borderlands 2 myself.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• I absolutely loved Morrowind. I picked up the GOTY edition for PC many years ago on a whim, having never played the series. I still think it is better than Skyrim. Skyrim is great but it is a little dumbed down from Morrowind in my opinion (or more streamlined).

I skipped Oblivion to play Fallout 3 (got the platinum in that one) and decided it would be too much of a time sink to play it now.

Fallout: New Vegas was great, and in some ways better than F3.

Comment

• This guy's damn awesome Daedric armor costume

And my New Vegas copy arrived today. Thankfully the disc wasn't damaged from sliding around inside after popping loose. Gonna have to fire up my PS3 this weekend.

Comment

• Started up New Vegas earlier before I headed to my dad's, just to get past the tutorial, really. Gonna make a Great Khan character as per FudgeMuppet.

When I was about to leave my dad's after watching Dr. Strange, he talked me into watching him play a match of Fortnite: Battle Royale. He's done fairly well a lot, making the top 20 and better a few times. As I watched, he managed to get incredibly lucky with some early shotgun kills and loot discoveries, and then proceeded to wait things out by hiding in bushes and letting other players kill each other.

Storm eye shrinking worked in his favor since he got a good landing zone, so he hardly had to move far, and more lucky kills and loot, and then it was suddenly him and two other players. One of whom had a missile launcher.

But my dad had the best rifle in the game, the gold SCAR, and his shots and the shrinking storm eye forced the missile player to abandon his mega-base on the hill and charge my dad. Lucky rocket dodges and suddenly Dad was victorious.

508 matches, and 1 win to show for it. Worth it.

(And he's in his mid-60s, so this isn't exactly easy for him, either!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
              Nazi-killing video game "Wolfenstein II" angers Nazis with "Make America Nazi-free Again" slogan

I'm quoting The Blues Brothers when I say, "I hate Nazis." Fuck those ass-clowns and their crybaby bullshit.
              That game is brutal as hell, really some messed up stuff!
              http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• As it turns out, that trophy for the 15 Daedric Artifacts in Skyrim will not be mine in the near future.

Turns out there are 15 specific items to obtain. I had some already and was getting the rest when it turns out I did the mission for that item some time ago and destroyed it.

I went ahead and got the two crime related bronze trophies but I had to start a new game to get that last silver trophy. I have to make myself a badass again in order to get them so some time is in order.

yikes

Comment

• Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

Comment

• Fallout vs Skyrim

Comment

• So the second Faction Rally is live for Destiny 2, and although Bungie removed the first Rally's token farming exploit and made things more rewarding overall, somebody found a massively-rewarding exploit. In probably only a couple hours tops, I had nearly 400 tokens for my Dead Orbit-aligned Titan. Being a stingy bastard as always, Arach Jalaal refused to give me the handful of things I needed up front, and although I have 3 of the 4 desired items, I'm still missing a set of arms for my Titan. I'll level up one more rank but after that I'm stopping because I'm either close to max rank or have just hit it, and I don't want DO to get another victory.

If this exploit isn't patched out, I'm going to repeat it for my Hunter (who's with Future War Cult) so that I can get those sweet guns. Hopefully FWC gets the win this time because I really want their fusion rifle (they usually have good FRs). Don't care much for the armor, not bad but not exactly bringing the wow for me this time.

Comment

• What's the exploit? I play Destiny 2 (CPLCHUD).

Comment

• Go to EDZ, Winding Coves spawn. Run into the rock cluster straight ahead, just rushing to the Lost Sector boss (Fallen captain). Kill him, open the cache, jump up to the doors (you may need to kill a few extra enemies to get them to open, I dunno), then jump up the ledges and run through the tunnel. Once you see "Winding Cove" on the bottom left of your screen, turn around and go back to the boss room's doors, and get the cache again.

You can farm the shit out of those tokens in no time. I literally was listening to an old Anthrax album while doing it and got hundreds of tokens in around an hour.

Comment

• Awesome I'm going to try that, thanks!

Comment

• Destiny Tracker has issued Elo bans to cheating players

This'll barely put a dent in the problem, likely, but it's a damn good move and hopefully it gets the ball rolling.

Comment

• "How to make a game"

Comment

Working...
                                X