View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 03:26 AM   #7837
Space Cop
The Dandy

Godzilla's Revenge (1969) [aka All Monsters Attack (1971)]

"How do you like that, weirdo!?"

Early celebration of the 50th anniversary/prep for G-Fest.

Bringing Up Baby (1938)

"In moments of quiet, I'm strangely drawn toward you, but, well, there haven't been any quiet moments."

Teenagers from Outer Space (1959)

"You make me angry. But I like you very much."

Turned 60 today! I know, it's cheesy (enough so that MST3K riffed it), but I like it ... very much.

O Lucky Man (1973)

"Try not to die like a dog."

McDowell's second film with Lindsay Anderson and about as surreal as the first (If....), but more directly a satire. At 3 hours, it's unnecessarily long, but has good bits. Most of the cast (which includes a very young Helen Miren) play 2 or 3 different parts.

Monster Island (2019)

"Deploy the sonic weapon."

About what you'd expect from a Syfy-channel kaiju flick, but the fam and I watched it because the monsters were designed by comic book artist Matt Frank, whom we have met several times and are somewhat friendly with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
...As such, I have to reconsider my purchasing priorities (and I would like to own this, but I don't see it happening anytime in the near future due to current circumstances)...
When I put a movie on my Wish List or just mentally note one to buy one day, it could mean I'm looking for it tomorrow or might happen across it 15 years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Purple View Post
...But yeah, a fantastic film for acting alone, inaccuracies aside, and Hepburn literally playing her own ancestress is an amazing turn of fate...
You just taught me something new. Cool.

Last edited by Space Cop; 06-12-2019 at 01:05 PM.
Space Cop is offline   Reply With Quote