Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EVS is reaching Rob Liefield like levels. My God that Flash looks bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by "Chosen" View Post
      EVS is reaching Rob Liefield like levels. My God that Flash looks bad.
      It's weird...Sciver was the only thing I liked about Flash Rebirth, and I was a fan of his Green Lantern stuff. I guess I'm just plain disappointed. The one thing that was interesting to me about Green Lanterns...about ANY of the upcoming GL Rebirth titles, was his art, and now this.

I'll repeat: we Green Lantern fans are getting poophole poked with this Rebirth abortion. Sucks.

Comment

• I can't bear to look at the Flash with all that shit all over him. Goddamn lines everywhere. They clusterfucked a timeless costume.

Not EVS, mind you, but 52 Flash onward.

Comment

• Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 Pages by Ed Benes

Green Lanterns: Rebirth #1 Pages by Ethan Van Sciver

Hypo
          Lil' Leaguer
          Last edited by Hypo; 05-07-2016, 03:26 AM.

Comment

• Oh hey, it's another #1 issue where a Manhunter robot is the villain, but it's NEW Lanterns... who'll also be facing all of the other old threats from volume 4....

..yeah I'm getting tired of the same old by the numbers shit on GL. We've already seen it once, new GL's never make the same story interesting. Now they'll go on to face the Red Lanterns and one will get a red ring, then they'll face Larfleeze and one will go Orange Lantern, etc...

~M~

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
              ...Not EVS, mind you, but 52 Flash onward.
              EVS popped in last night. Doesn't look like he posted, though. Maybe he just turned around when he saw the moaning.

Comment

• Crap. Hal is in "Green Lanterns". Now I'm going to have to buy it... It's looking like maybe Hal will force them to work together by making them share a battery?? Is that what's going on? Seems like the premise to an 80's sitcom and doesn't speak well of their characters that they can't be mature and resolve things, so "daddy" has to step in. (I also hated the whole "Hal fights Guy to reclaim his sector" story for the same reason)

I am glad that Benes has toned down the cheesecake factor in his art since "BoP." I liked his art a lot, but it was getting ridiculous there for a bit...

Comment

• Originally posted by -M- View Post
                  Oh hey, it's another #1 issue where a Manhunter robot is the villain, but it's NEW Lanterns... who'll also be facing all of the other old threats from volume 4....

..yeah I'm getting tired of the same old by the numbers shit on GL. We've already seen it once, new GL's never make the same story interesting. Now they'll go on to face the Red Lanterns and one will get a red ring, then they'll face Larfleeze and one will go Orange Lantern, etc...

~M~
                  I agree. The solicits for this series make it look like they'll run the rainbow gauntlet. Ugh. I don't even want to see GLs I CARE about do that anymore. Much less these two turds.

Comment

• Wow, I didn't think I could yawn that wide. Looking forward to the next issue of the current Guardians of the Galaxy run...

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post

Are people really complaining about EVS? His art is amazing! I MEAN JUST LOOK AT THIS! Hal Jordan finally looks like Hal Jordan.
                      Green Lantern's Light!

https://twitter.com/CeltiC527

Comment

• Hal Jordan & The Green Lantern Corps Art

Comment

• That art looks great.

Comment

• Except for Kyle

He looks like he's trying to make a duckface

Comment

• Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
                              Except for Kyle

He looks like he's trying to make a duckface
                              That kind of fits.

Comment

• It kind of looks like Kyle is 12 years old to me since the mask looks ridiculously big, like he's a kid trying on his parents clothes lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X