Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you want Tyrese to be GL in the DC cinematic universe?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, I support it. As for the whole "singular Black man thing," it's 2015, we have got to get out of thinking in terms and systems like those (I'm not speaking to anyone here in particular, by the way). That whole line of thinking is a racist construct. Yes, it's good to show Black people, but by no means do entertainment features ONLY HAVE TO HAVE one Black person, especially when there are seven spots. It's ridiculous. Cyborg and John Stewart really have absolutely nothing to do with each other. Not in background, not in personality, not in powers. Besides, there are great reasons to have John Stewart that don't even have anything to do with race, like what Latino-Review said here:

I've been asking around and, as of now, this looks like a one-sided quest. There's no word on whether DC is paying him any mind. At this point, the only aspect that rings true is that the next cinematic Green Lantern we'll see will be John Stewart, and not Hal Jordan. This is conceivably to help avoid reboot fatigue from fans who just saw a Hal Jordan Green Lantern a few years ago, and possibly to help capture the diversity buzz that comes from mixing up the casts of their franchises a bit.
    http://www.latino-review.com/news/ty...lantern-reboot

Personally, I think we'll be getting John, and I believe the huge status quo change coming for the comics in June will reinforce this. I think DC/WB will be taking Green Lantern in a whole different direction than what it has been on for the past 10 years, which is a direction that's much more associated with the 2011 film, cartoon, et al, which I think is what they will be trying to move away from.
    Star-Lantern
    Weaponer of Qward
    Last edited by Star-Lantern; 01-28-2015, 03:34 AM.
    ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by CeltiC5-27 View Post
      I still think they'll go with Hal Jordan as the Green Lantern for the first 2 Justice League movies and then John Stewart will be introduced in the 2020 GL movie.

I heard Zack is looking for an older Hal but I still want to see Taylor Kitsch in the role.

actually i think taylor could make a damn good shazam...............
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

DC/WB has slashed my Green Lantern Fandom to about half. I like John is the Cartoon. I like the way Him and Wally played off eachother. But even then Green Lantern had a serious power deduction. I like John. I have a picture singed by Phil Lamar in my room. Hal is the Face of Green Lantern,not using him is a mistake. But if there is one thing DC/WB is good at it is making mistakes.
        Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

I prefer they stick with the Hal Jordan character.

Comment

Hal had his chance, it's Kyle's time to shine!

Comment

Originally posted by Booster Beetle View Post
              Hal had his chance, it's Kyle's time to shine!
              itll be john before kyle. i wont go into why because i want to avoid assumptions

i will say though i like the idea of andrew garfield as kyle.

Comment

It might even be Guy before Kyle. Think about it; he's the devil-may-care, in-your-face GL. That's an easier sell to hang a movie on then the sensitive artist.

Comment

why not just do a film with all 4 gls similar to emerald knights where instead of 6 to 8 stories its 4?

Comment

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                    why not just do a film with all 4 gls similar to emerald knights where instead of 6 to 8 stories its 4?
                    Because you need a face for marketing. A face/look that pops into the mind when you here a characters name.
                    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      It might even be Guy before Kyle. Think about it; he's the devil-may-care, in-your-face GL. That's an easier sell to hang a movie on then the sensitive artist.
                      I hope it's
                      Red Lantern Djs
                      Guy's Drinking Buddy
                      Last edited by Red Lantern Djs; 01-28-2015, 10:15 PM.

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Comment

Tyrese was cool in the Fast & Furious movies, but that's not the guy that I'd pick to headline Green Lantern. I could rattle off 5 other actors straight off the dome that could do a better job AND be a better fit for the role. Plus, I'm not sure of TG's acting chops. Outside of playing a clown or a gangsta, I haven't seen much range, and since the first movie flopped hard, this isn't the movie that you'd want to experiment with.

Comment

Yo.

Ive said it b4, and I'll say it again:

^^ THAT is Roger Cross, and he would be the *perfect* John Stewart.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                          Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

^^^ I'd be cool with that
                            I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

I'm pretty sure I picked him for my Mosaic TV show proposal.

Comment

Cross is cool, although I've only seen him in '24' as Curtis, and whenever he spoke, it was like he was whispering.

I still say that Michael Jai White would completely own this role.

Comment

Working...
                                X