This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kane2814 View Post
    It's possibly not even in continuity anymore, but I'd love to see the surviving "GLC" title gang get together for a mission: Hal, John, Arisia, Kilowog and Salaak. (I know Guy was there too, but he spent half the time trying to kill them all)
    I would love that. Just would feel bittersweet without Kat and Ch'p.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
      I wonder if all this Rebirthing might give Vendetti the opportunity to resurrect some of the cooler Lanterns that have been killed off. I know it was one plot point a while back that the new recruits were different because all of the typical ring bearer types were dead. That was good for an arc but I would prefer that some of the better recently 'dead' Lanterns be brought back. Not talking Abin Sur or Katma Tui, but like Kreon, Laira, Jack T Chance, Hollika Rahn. The GLC needs more kick butt members in it again.
      I was surprised that with all of the reboots since 2005, they have never bothered to bring Tomar Re back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
        I was surprised that with all of the reboots since 2005, they have never bothered to bring Tomar Re back.
        I loved Tomar. I keep hoping they'll do another figure of him (which is about .05% likely since he's not rebooted/rebirthed) since the one I have broke both his ears off in a fall. That dang Xudarian took a suicidal leap off my bookshelf (or so I assume having found him floored one morning).

Comment

• You could get a Tomar Tu and just pretend, lol or did he never get a figure either?

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
            You could get a Tomar Tu and just pretend, lol or did he never get a figure either?
            Not that I've noticed. I would have gotten it if I saw it.

Comment

• Tomar Re has been done as a figure quite a few times now.

Comment

• This is the one I have who lost his ears:

I also have the full-size and small figs from the movie.

Comment

• Oh yeah, DCD LOVED reusing that mold!

I think my favorite Tomar is the one Mattel did that came in the box set.

Comment

• ^I just saw that while googling this one. I gotta get me that. I'm not a big Matty collector, but I like the looks of that one (online anyway).

Comment

• Matty did a lot of great GL figures. They really struck while the iron was hot.

Comment

• So is EVS a regular artist on this book like a 50/50 share with Sandoval? I only ask because in some interviews they speak of designs and putting his stamp on it but go short of calling him the regular artist for the ongoing. They do say he is a big part of the Rebirth issue. In some interviews it is clear but in the latest one not so much and I was curious, if the status had changed.

Comment

• Yea he is. They'll be rotating arcs with Sandoval doing the first one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                            This is the one I have who lost his ears:

I also have the full-size and small figs from the movie.
                            Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            Oh yeah, DCD LOVED reusing that mold!

I think my favorite Tomar is the one Mattel did that came in the box set.
                            Some of those early DCD figures were fragile as eggs. Sometimes pegs broke for no reason at all. The DCUC figs had much better QC, as do most DCD figs in the last 7-8 years, with the exception of sloppy paint application at times.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                            Matty did a lot of great GL figures. They really struck while the iron was hot.
                            I really miss those days. I love Hal, Sinestro, and John as much as any long-time GL reader, but those seem like the only Lantern characters that are getting made since DCUC ended. I'd really like some more supporting characters.
                            Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Blue Lantern View Post
                              I really miss those days. I love Hal, Sinestro, and John as much as any long-time GL reader, but those seem like the only Lantern characters that are getting made since DCUC ended. I'd really like some more supporting characters.
                              I would like a crossover comic involving the Transformers and Lantern Stel. It'd be nice to see these huge robots pwn'd by the emerald light.

Also the fact that the transformers are essentially silicon-based biomechanical creatures that run on energy, the implications of them being able to feast off the emerald energy is intriguing and would be a good plot point.

Comment

• I know this title is supposed to focus on the earth Lanterns, but I'd love to see Hal work with a group of Lanterns we haven't seen much of or that he hasn't worked with very often: Stel, Laira, Isamot Kol, etc. and Arisia again. (I don't think they've had a significant interaction since she was brought back)

Comment

Working...
                                X