Free speech under assault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free speech under assault

I have a problem with these people being prosecuted.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/zealand-m...080814499.html

Yo.

I don't know; I'm kinda torn on the issue myself, altho I DO think that 14yrs for the charge of distributing objectionable material (of this type) is a bit much IMNSHO (then again, I think its still part of an active investigaton so maybe that has something to do w/it).

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
    Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
      I don't know; I'm kinda torn on the issue myself, altho I DO think that 14yrs for the charge of distributing objectionable material (of this type) is a bit much IMNSHO (then again, I think its still part of an active investigation so maybe that has something to do w/it).
      Yeah, but it doesn't say that. The charge is just objectionable material.

Comment

Yo.

.....hunh?

I'm confused here: what doesn't say what??

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
          .....hunh?

I'm confused here: what doesn't say what??
          I only meant the article does not say they are being charged with interfering with an ongoing investigation. The only charge listed is publishing objectionable material.

Comment

Yo.

ahhh, I see the issue; I *wasn't* saying they were doing that, but merely commenting on the fact that said investigation was still on-going......

Tazer

Comment

I don't know whether this falls under "speech. And it was certainly a shitty thing to do. But PRISON? And a fine of $22k?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/youtuber-...151110332.html

Comment

Working...
              X