Do we really need the Guardians?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do we really need the Guardians?

I mean, do we really need them to lead the Corps, 'cause lately, they haven't been doing a good job. The killing rule should have been taken away the moment the war was over. And now we got the frikkin' Alpha Lanterns to worry about now.

do we really need a Government, a President, the Congress, or even a Mayor, the answer is yes. we need someone to lead us, someone to take charge, to get things done right the 1st time. yes sometimes they F'k up cause sometimes you have to do the wrong things 1st before you can do the right things. was the killing rule wrong, no not in a time of war (and fyi the Sin. Corp are still out there). are the ALs a bad idea, yes and no, we need cops on the inside to get to the bad cops right. could it be that the Guardians are F'king up only in our eye, yes cause we don't know what they know

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Yo.

seeing as how the LAST time the GotUs left the GLC to handle their own business resulted in resulted its *1st* major reduction of members, and seeing as how this new Corps is only about a year+ old (in comic time), I dont think it would be safe (for the GLC as well as the universe) to remove the Oans from command now.

granted, I agree w/ya about looking @ the ALs just feeling the need to scream "HEY, tiny blue dumbasses!!! do any of yall remember wat happend with the MANHUNTERS?!?? IDIOTS!!!"....but wat can ya do atm, aside from waiting for things to play out??

/shrug

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
      Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I've been saying this for the last two months no. Hell NO!! They're bloody useless. In fact, if Lanterns like Hal and Guy etc. actually did what they said, the Universe would be a shit hole right about now. It seems like the only time they accomplish anything good is when they give an order, and someone does the opposite of it.

Not only that, but I'm sick and tired of them. They aren't Guardians anymore than I'm a corporate millionaire.

Side note: In the GLC RPG I'm running, I had the Controllers run the Guardians through the spectrum of emotions, killing one with each emotion. Now only 3 remain, and they are about to take off, leaving 12 Lanterns with the Crimson Mantle of Command to lead in their absence.
        sigpic
        Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

"Do we really need the Guardians?"

No.

Comment

I'd always thought a new Green Lantern Corps would have been just fine with Ganthet as the only Guardian. The minute they resurrected all of them it was like a head-beating-against-wall moment of, "OK, how long until they start unfairly treating GLs and plotting macabre things in secret until they're stopped by the GLs again..." Well, looks like they made it a couple of years, anyway.

Comment

I agree. Although it was cool when Kyle re-powered the CPB and gave birth to the baby Guardians. It was a nice idea at the time. I enjoyed Ganthet in his father figure role.

I guess now Ganthet is kicking himself for growing the little shits up so soon eh?

Comment

Yo.

actually, that wasnt his fault: the Oans decided to force themselves to physical maturation on their own.

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

If it weren't for the Guardians, Parallax might have not have been defeated like he was. The Guardians also helped develop the Corp and led it through it's war with the SC. I think that even though they are making a lot of harsh and sinister decisions as of late that the Corpstill needs them to survive.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack-O-Lantern View Post
                    I agree. Although it was cool when Kyle re-powered the CPB and gave birth to the baby Guardians. It was a nice idea at the time. I enjoyed Ganthet in his father figure role.

I guess now Ganthet is kicking himself for growing the little shits up so soon eh?
                    I agree. The Guardians should have stayed little, if not just for seeing Ganthet as the proud father figure.

Hell, the only guardians to ever think CLEARLY were Ganthet and Sayd.

Comment

Originally posted by Myth View Post
                      If it weren't for the Guardians, Parallax might have not have been defeated like he was. The Guardians also helped develop the Corp and led it through it's war with the SC. I think that even though they are making a lot of harsh and sinister decisions as of late that the Corpstill needs them to survive.
                      We could just give Salakk their job. God knows he secretly wants the authority to get rid of Guy.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
                        Hell, the only guardians to ever think CLEARLY were Ganthet and Sayd.
                        I guess ya never heard of Appa Ali Apsa then, eh??

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                          Yo.

Tazer
                          No, I haven't. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post

The guy who went nuts and killed the Priest...then nearly killed Hal, John, and Kyle...and kidnapped all the cities to make the Mosaic isn't my candidate for "clear thinker."

Comment

That was Appa? I thought that was "The Old Timer"? Or where they the same guy? I don't know .

Edit: wiki cleared it up, same guy.
                              Maverick_GL
                              Last edited by Maverick_GL; 03-02-2008, 07:14 AM.
                              sigpic
                              Winner: Reality TV draft 2014

"Weeds. All of them weeds. I am perfection, and I am alone in the garden of the universe." - Cyborg Superman

Comment

Working...
                              X