Eighty percent of Americans can't stand PC culture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eighty percent of Americans can't stand PC culture

Wow. Judging by what you see in the news and entertainment media, you'd think that 95 percent of Americans love it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/ar...ctness/572581/

I can't stand Steve Bannon, but he was absolutely right when he said that every time the left talks about race, it loses. And I would say there's one other issue that's killing the left, which is illegal immigration. The left seems to have no idea how much most people oppose it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/ar...-of-liberalism

Comment

Not only is PC "outrage" bullshit -- NOT ONE PERSON was really "outraged" about this -- but it has exactly the opposite of its intended effect.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-donald-trump

Comment

Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
        Not only is PC "outrage" bullshit -- NOT ONE PERSON was really "outraged" about this -- but it has exactly the opposite of its intended effect.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-donald-trump
        Heh, I was amused to see that Kimmel said the same thing that was first to pop into my head. Maybe none of the Black models wanted anything to do with that sweater...

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if they had used a black model and someone had called them out on pandering.

Comment

One court threw out this airhead's complaint in February, and another threw it out again in July. So why is this a "story" in September? Let me guess -- it's because the media sympathize with her. They want everybody to be just like her. Hey, don't you want to be like her? Sure you do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vegan-wom...140715647.html
            Trey Strain
            Guardian of the Universe
            Last edited by Trey Strain; 09-03-2019, 05:54 PM.

Comment

One court threw out this airhead's complaint in February, and another threw it out again in July. So why is this a "story" in September? Let me guess -- it's because the media sympathize with her. They want everybody to be just like her. Hey, don't you want to be like her? Sure you do.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/vegan-wom...140715647.html
              "I'm a good person". Bitch, no you aren't.

Comment

YES!!!!!

https://www.foxla.com/news/thousands...ver-barbecuing

Comment

Yeah, that's just dumb, and totally validates her, until now, spurious claims that this was being done to deliberately antagonize her. I have zero respect for anybody that participates in this event. She already has had her complaint tossed out of court, and that should be enough. I'd be happy to hear that her neighbor has gone back to normal use of their property, and stopped tiptoeing around her, but this sort of deliberate antagonism is just petty and stupid, and bolsters her claims (and seems to be the opposite of what the neighbor would want, given that they stopped doing some things they are legally allowed to do just to keep the peace).

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                    Yeah, that's just dumb, and totally validates her, until now, spurious claims that this was being done to deliberately antagonize her. I have zero respect for anybody that participates in this event. She already has had her complaint tossed out of court, and that should be enough. I'd be happy to hear that her neighbor has gone back to normal use of their property, and stopped tiptoeing around her, but this sort of deliberate antagonism is just petty and stupid, and bolsters her claims (and seems to be the opposite of what the neighbor would want, given that they stopped doing some things they are legally allowed to do just to keep the peace).
                    This is EXACTLY what needs to happen. She needs to be shown that it's not just a couple of judges who think she's a fuckhead. But it's much bigger than her. This will get huge publicity and will send a message to countless other fuckheads. Then the tide might finally start turning against the vicious dictatorship of PC culture.

Comment

Guess we just disagree on this. I don't see how the useful response to somebody being a jerk is to be a MUCH bigger jerk to them. I fail to see how that will solve any problems, but rather serve to escalate them.

It isn't as if this woman got a huge crowd of vegan protestors to descend on her neighbor's house with "Meat is Murder" signs. She just made a frivolous complaint, which was recognized as such by the courts already. This response is totally disproportionate and only serves to VALIDATE her claims of persecution.
                      Mister Ed
                      Horse of a Different Color
                      Last edited by Mister Ed; 09-11-2019, 05:36 PM.

Comment

It's not just about her, Ed. It's about the dictatorship of the PC police. A blow of this magnitude that can be struck against them is a golden opportunity. They should never receive any mercy, because they never show any to their victims. This is a vast gesture of contempt against their despotic worldview and behavior.

Comment

Again, I very much doubt that this sort of disproportionate response will do anything but validate her claims of persecution, which, prior to this, were not valid. But I'm not going to keep arguing the point, since it seems unlikely we are ever going to see eye to eye on this.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            as much as I want to cheer about wat the neighbors plan to do like Spy, I really have to side w/Ed on this & for exactly the reasons he states here..... :/

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

I'm fine with this obnoxious broad getting her comeuppance, but this 3k bbq sounds full of unintended consequences. As the neighboring homeowner I would not put this bbq on. 3k people is just asking for trouble. Most of them you wont know, and many of them will likely be looking for trouble. It only takes a few whackos that want to legit harrass this woman for it all to go bad. Just think of all the guys with beer in them that feel compelled to honk their horns, piss in her yard, shout and make noise, etc. What if a few of them decide to trespass on her property? Vandalize her property? Threaten her? Nobody knows what some idiots will do, and they won't care because they don't live there and just showed up to this shindig.

If I were the neighbor there's no way I would put this on. He's going to make himself Ithe bad guy and give this moonbat ammo to use on him.

Comment

Working...
                              X