No announcement yet.

The Wrestling Thread Vol. 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Punk and Heyman make me laugh. I'm definitely a Paul Heyman guy.

Comment

I haven't watched wrestling since The Rock left the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
        they did 2 matches but didn't went with my idea!!
        Well they didn't add the second one til the last minute.

Comment

Punk doesn't need Heyman as a mouthpiece, but he supplies a little extra heat, I suppose.

This Cena/AJ angle is stupid, although since AJ is hot, more of her is a good thing.

Sad to see Beth go. I hope they do something with Tamina. Her face is a bit manly, but I love the gams on that woman!

Who are these scrubs that keep attacking Goldbe... err, Ryback? Spirit Squad 2.0? Nexus 3.0?

Comment

Seth Rollins (Tyler Black), Dean Ambrose(Jon Moxley) & Roman Reings(Joe Anoa'i) are The Shield ..they are the ones who are trashing RyBerg!
            Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

Comment

The first Survivor Series took place on Thanksgiving Night 1987 in Richfield.
              So for a little fun can you name those in the pic?

Comment

Originally posted by Godmera View Post

Hulk Hogan
                Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndorf.
                One Man Gang
                Bam Bam Bigelow (RIP)
                King Kong Bundy
                Andre The Giant
                Don Marco
                Ravishing Rick Rude

and I can't remember the black guy with the blonde hair.

Comment

Butch Reed

Comment

Love that they are giving Dolph more time on the mic and allowing him to truly shine in a bigger spotlight. Just goes to show that cream rises to the top, even if it does take a little while.

Comment

Slick is in the pic..

Comment

Didnt even see Slick till you pointed that out haha. Dont forget Bobby Heenan.

Comment

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
                          Hulk Hogan
                          Mr.Wonderful Paul Orndorf.
                          One Man Gang
                          Bam Bam Bigelow (RIP)
                          King Kong Bundy
                          Andre The Giant
                          Don Marco
                          Ravishing Rick Rude

and I can't remember the black guy with the blonde hair.
                          Don Muraco...

And also RIP for Andre and Rick.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffi.Kaiser View Post
                            Didnt even see Slick till you pointed that out haha. Dont forget Bobby Heenan.
                            And Oliver Humperdink's jacket!

Comment

Originally posted by Godmera View Post

Left to right:

One Man Gang, prior to his transformation to Akeem where he joined the Big Boss Man in feuding with the Mega-Powers, Randy Savage and Hulk Hogan.

Sir Oliver Humperdink, who later went by the name "Big Daddy Dink" in WCW.

Paul Orndorff, who was one of Hogan's opponents at WM 1, then frequent tag partner. He later turned on Hogan during a tag match with King Kong Bundy and Big John Studd, which culminated in a steel cage match on Saturday Night's Main Event.

Bam Bam Bigelow, who was initially responsible for getting Paul Heyman to try his hand as an on-air personality. He died from an overdose of medications after suffering through years of depression and blood pressure problems when he was burned saving a kid in a fire.

Ken Patera- one of Hogan's opponents in Hulk's initial WWF title run. He went to prison after throwing a huge rock through a McDonald's window when they refused him service.

Rick Rude- legally changed his name to RAVISHING RICK RUDE at one point. Got his trunks pulled down to his knees by Jake Roberts during their feud. Appeared on RAW and Nitro in the same night because RAW was taped in it's early years.

Don Muraco- Before Dwayne Johnson, he was known as "The Rock". He had a very long feud with Jimmy Snuka and was managed by "Superstar" Billy Graham as a babyface.

Butch Reed- later teamed with Ron Simmons as the team "Doom" in WCW, led by Woman, Chris Benoit's eventual wife. During a feud in the 70s, Ric Flair actually called him "monkey" on live TV.

Hulk Hogan- these were the twilight months of his first reign. He would lose the belt to Andre in Feb of '88. He didn't wrestle many house shows in '88 because he was shooting No Holds Barred.

King Kong Bundy- this was the year after he main-evented WM2 with Hogan and the year that he elbowed his little-person partner at WM3, causing a DQ. Bundy appeared on the show Married with Children and became a comedian.

Andre the Giant- he won the title briefly on Saturday Night's Main Event before surrendering it to Ted Dibiase. He later won the tag belts with Haku as part of the Colossal Connection. He died of a massive heart attack in early '93at his dad's funeral.

Outside the ring:

Slick- once went on Arsenio Hall and claimed that Akeem was from "deepest, darkest Africa" and said that he would have used a gun on Hulk Hogan had he been able to find one in Bossman's match against Hogan. He later became an ordained minister.

Bobby Heenan- one of the most prolific managers/personalities in the biz. Managed countless Hogan opponents (Studd, Bundy, Andre, Haku, Ric Flair, Mr. Perfect, Paul Orndorff to name a few) and hosted Prime Time wrestling with Gorilla Monsoon. Once screamed the F-bomb on the air when Brian Pillman grabbed him from behind. Had his lower jaw removed a few years ago due to cancer.

That's all I can produce from memory. If anyone does a web search and finds an error, please feel free to correct me.
                              Big Blue Lantern
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by Big Blue Lantern; 11-25-2012, 08:55 AM.
                              Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

Man, I forgot Bam Bam died. His match with RVD is one of my favorites.

and yeah, I'm glad Ziggler is getting some more spotlight but what fucking sense does it make to involve him in that Cena storyline? The more time he spends with Vickie the more harm it does to his career. After Survivor Series, you would think he'd move into the main event category but now he's beating up Cena? For what? There's no reason to even look in Cena's direction when you still have that damn briefcase.

I just want him to throw himself into that horribly boring world title situation going on at Smackdown. I'm glad Show is champ over Sheamus but their feud is boring and needs some spice. Give Ziggler the belt now, set Sheamus and Orton up for long stays during the Rumble and have Orton turn there. Sheamus vs a heel Orton can last till WrestleMania and by March you can introduce the champion Ziggler into their feud. That's what I want.

Comment

Working...
                                X