No announcement yet.

Horror Cinema

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Face When: I get in my Blu-ray of Split Second...and the back of the cover is in German.

To be fair, a lot of films that fade into obscurity in one country get a second lease on life in other countries (e.g., Alligator and Short Time being reprinted in South Korea). Split Second is remastered in hi-def, it's still an English-language flick and has extra materials, it just has a non-English case and sub options. Still region-free so I'm good to go.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      If the finale for season 2 didn't turn you away, you should be good to watch season 3 when you can. It's still on now. 7 of the 10 episodes are out. The 8th is on tonightso it will be several months before it makes it to netflix.
      Why do you say that? Was it controversial with fans?

Oh, BTW, I love that they did the nod to the differences between ED 1 and 2 when Ash went to the cabin and couldn't remember if he first found the book on the desk or in the cellar. That made me LOL.

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Skywalker View Post
      ...The ratings on the show have dropped to the point that season 3 may very well be the last season. A real shame if you ask me. I love it. It's the only reason I subscribe to Starz so if this is the end I'm dropping the Starz network from my cable plan when the show ends.
      And it's official with Campbell also saying that he's hanging up the chainsaw.

Comment

• I was fully expecting it but it's still a damn shame.

Comment

I was fully expecting it but it's still a damn shame.
          Hopefully the finale is a satisfying conclusion and not an unfinished cliff-hanger.

Comment

• Episode 309 and the previews for 310 certainly make it look like they knew it was the end and are taking it home.

Comment

• I watched The Asphyx, a British movie from 1972 that's not great but is pretty good. It should be better known than it is. I recommend it.

Comment

• Happy LV426, guys

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                  Happy LV426, guys
                  Has this been going on long because this is the first year I've heard of "Alien Day." More important to me will be next year's 40th anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Has this been going on long because this is the first year I've heard of "Alien Day." More important to me will be next year's 40th anniversary.
                    I found out about it on Instagram a couple years ago. The fandom holds it in high regard, same as May the 4th for SW fans. If you search the tag #alienday on Insta, people have all sorts of stuff going on to celebrate the day.

Here's my contribution so far:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BiCrgy4AF09/

I will be posting a couple more tonight, taking a break from the usual tf stuff.

Comment

• LV426...that's hilarious. Forget those 420 guys!

Though I do think I will mimic Space Cop's idea and do my marathon next year for thebig anniversary.

...And by marathon, it will likely be just an Alien/Aliens double feature. Get out while the getting is good.

Comment

• ^I don't get the fake days. If you're going to celebrate a franchise (which I fully support) the most logical date would be the franchise's birthday.* So, for Star Wars, it would be May 25.

The next most logical would be a date that is significant within the story like Nov. 5 for Back to the Future or First Contact Day (or Kirk's birthday) for Star Trek.

The very last date I would choose would be a pun or a numerological rendering of a non-date. That makes no sense. And since I've gotten multiple e-mail ads for May the Fourth and now one for Alien Day, they feel suspciously like marketing gimmicks.

Anyway, LV is 55 so Alien Day should only work in the years 1955, 2055 etc.

*I have often done this with Doctor Who, recently with Star Trek, and for years with Plan 9.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-27-2018, 04:18 AM.

Comment

• I watched the first 2 Alien movies plus AvP. And posted 2 more pics on Instagram.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            I watched the first 2 Alien movies plus AvP. And posted 2 more pics on Instagram.
                            Over four hours of movies. That's a pretty big commitment. A vlogger I know from G-Fest is doing a Youtube series in celebration of Alien. So far, he did the suit, the never-produced cartoon, and highlighted 10 spfx:

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
                            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

Comment

• It's amazing how well both Alien and Aliens hold up to this very day. They just don't make movies that good anymore, which is a shame. Even Riddley Scott can't seem to remember what made his movie work so well, instead going for this modern slick fast paced movie that (IMO) doesn't even come close to raising the bar.

Comment

It's amazing how well both Alien and Aliens hold up to this very day. They just don't make movies that good anymore, which is a shame. Even Riddley Scott can't seem to remember what made his movie work so well, instead going for this modern slick fast paced movie that (IMO) doesn't even come close to raising the bar.
                                Maybe, but I wouldn't say Prometheus' problem was that it was too fast paced and compared to Alien, Cameron's Aliens is very fast paced. I liked Prometheus and Alien: Covenant, but I didn't love them. I can't quite pin it down, though. They're just off key. Maybe trying to explain too much and getting too metaphysical? In Alien, you're with the crew trying to figure out what the heck the xeno is and how it can possibly be survived and even in the sequel they clearly don't understand them yet, but with the last two, it's like we're getting their original in detail.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 04-27-2018, 11:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X