X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!

Comment

• Shazam keeps getting delayed. Note that this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Billy Batson revelation in Batman/Superman #1.

Comment

• DC INTRODUCES TWO NEW MINISERIES, JOKER: KILLER SMILE AND THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE, THIS FALL UNDER DC BLACK LABEL

Both Series Are Written by Jeff Lemire, Featuring Art by Andrea Sorrentino, Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz
        DC continues to add more thrilling stories to its lineup this fall with the introduction of two new miniseries—JOKER: KILLER SMILE from writer Jeff Lemire (GREEN ARROW, Gideon Falls, Essex County) and artist Andrea Sorrentino (GREEN ARROW, Gideon Falls) available October 30, followed by THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE by Lemire and artists Denys Cowan (THE QUESTION , DETECTIVE COMICS, BLACK LIGHTNING/HONG KONG PHOOEY) and Bill Sienkiewicz (The New Mutants, Moon Knight) to be released November 20.

In JOKER: KILLER SMILE Lemire and Sorrentino will share their own interpretation of one of the darkest characters of the Batman mythos—the Joker. For years, the Joker has terrorized Gotham, facing off with Batman time and time again. But now he’s found a new adversary, one that can deliver him from the purgatory of Arkham Asylum and set his madness free once more—the very doctor tasked with treating him. As he gets his hooks deeper and deeper into the mind of his prey, Joker sets off a chain reaction of mayhem that will threaten to tear down not only Gotham City but the soul of this idealistic man, and his young family, too.

"Getting to work with my long-time collaborator Andrea Sorrentino on a Joker story is very exciting,” shares Lemire. “The Joker is an iconic character and we wanted to create something that challenges readers to look at him in a new and horrifying way."

Sorrentino adds, “This story has pushed me as a creator to aspire to new heights in storytelling. That little spark of madness in the Joker gives me an opportunity to play with the pacing, the layouts and the storytelling in a way that few other characters would allow.”

JOKER: KILLER SMILE is a three-part story that will debut October 30, 2019, releasing every other month following.

In THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE, Lemire, Cowan and Sienkiewicz launch a philosophical mystery starring Vic Sage—the Question. Building on the legacy of Dennis O’Neil and Cowan’s previous run, it begins in an early Hub City where an unsolved mystery has led to the demise of the Question—and history will soon repeat itself. Beginning in the Old West and continuing through the lawless 1930s, the answers needed to solve the problem are out of reach—and may doom the Question once again.

The faceless man who believes in absolutes will soon find himself in a world where it all blends together, and escaping this trap is the only way to set himself free.

Lemire adds, “Denys Cowan’s run on The Question has been a touchstone for me as a creator and a fan of comics for a long time. Getting the chance to team with Denys and Bill Sienkiewicz to return to Hub City and Vic Sage is a dream come true.”

“Jeff is an excellent writer and this might be one of his best stories so far,” shares Cowan. “The series will go through multiple time periods and explore aspects of Vic Sage’s past and present that have never been explored before. Combined with Bill Sienkiewicz’s inks and Chris Sotomayor’s deft color touch, this may be the best version of the Question yet.”

Sienkiewicz adds, “Working with Denys is always a rewarding experience, so revisiting the Question with him after all this time—and in a special format—is the textbook definition of a no-brainer. It doesn’t hurt that I’m also a huge fan of Jeff’s writing and Soto’s fantastic colors. What a team to be a part of.”

THE QUESTION: THE DEATHS OF VIC SAGE is a four-part story that will debut November 20, 2019, releasing every other month following.

Hypo
        Lil' Leaguer
        Last edited by Hypo; 07-11-2019, 10:43 PM.

Comment

• That Cowan/Sienkiewicz Question looks rad as hell.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
            Geoff must be really busy writing that GLC script!

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Heide View Post
              Shazam keeps getting delayed. Note that this doesn't seem to have anything to do with the Billy Batson revelation in Batman/Superman #1.
              Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
              Geoff must be really busy writing that GLC script!
              Well he's got to be working on something. Doomsday Clock #11 has been delayed too.

Comment

• Comment

• Batman/Superman outright reveals one of the six infected, Billy Batson , and strongly hints that Commissioner Gordon is another. I cannot tell if they have anything in common, or if we can deduce the other four from that.

Comment

• TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE INFECTS SOME OF THE BIGGEST EVENTS IN DC HISTORY THIS OCTOBER

BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL and THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN Debut This New Line of One-Shot Prestige Format Stories

Future Titles to Include Twisted Takes on INFINITE CRISIS, BLACKEST NIGHT and THE JUDAS CONTRACT

One-Dollar Reprints of Original Comics Also Available Concurrent with New One-Shots
                    DC announced today plans to put a twisted and terrifying spin on some of the biggest, most game-changing events in its publishing history with a series of prestige format one-shots called TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE. Beginning in October, DC’s most talented artists and writers will take fan-favorite events from the DC Universe down a dark and twisted path.

TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL #1

Co-written by Scott Snyder (DARK NIGHTS: METAL, JUSTICE LEAGUE, THE BATMAN WHO LAUGHS) and Kyle Higgins (DEATHSTROKE, BATMAN ETERNAL, NIGHTWING: THE NEW ORDER), with art by Javier Fernandez (JUSTICE LEAGUE) and a cover by Lee Weeks (BATMAN), this one-shot takes place in a Gotham City 30 years after a broken Bruce Wayne failed to take back the mantle of the Bat. In his place arose Jean-Paul Valley, also known as Saint Batman. Under his iron rule, Saint Batman has turned Gotham into the city of his dreams – killing has become commonplace and criminals live in constant fear—all in the name of justice.

But just when all seems lost, a new hope for Gotham rises: The Son of Bane.
                    TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN #1

The Dark Multiverse takes on the highest-selling comic book event of all time, courtesy of writer Jeff Loveness (Rick and Morty, DC’S NUCLEAR WINTER SPECIAL, DC’S MYSTERIES OF LOVE IN SPACE), with art by Brad Walker (DETECTIVE COMICS) and Andrew Hennessy (SINESTRO, THE DEMON: HELL IS EARTH, TITANS), with a cover by Lee Weeks.

In a broken world much like our own, Lois Lane, twisted by rage and grief over the Man of Steel’s death, becomes the Eradicator, taking revenge on those who let Superman die and the corrupt world he could never defeat. Now, with the power of a god, she’s going to end the “never-ending” battle by any means necessary, halting the Reign of the Supermen before it even begins.
                    These are the first of several titles in this new line; additional one-shots will focus on other events such as INFINITE CRISIS, BLACKEST NIGHT, NEW TEEN TITANS: THE JUDAS CONTRACT, and more. Each of these prestige format one-shots is 48 pages long at a price of $5.99. TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: BATMAN: KNIGHTFALL #1 will be available at comics shops and participating digital retailers on Wednesday, October 16. TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE: THE DEATH OF SUPERMAN #1 arrives at comic book shops and digital retailers two weeks later, Wednesday, October 30. Timed to the release of each TALES FROM THE DARK MULTIVERSE title, fans can also purchase a one-dollar reprint of the original comic each story is based on, BATMAN #497 (October 16) and SUPERMAN #75 (October 30).
                    Nth METAL JOINS THE METAL MEN THIS FALL IN NEW DC COMIC

THE DARK MULTIVERSE MYSTERY OF CHALLENGER MOUNTAIN CONTINUES

DC Publisher Dan DiDio and New York Times Bestseller Shane Davis Kick Off Year-Long METAL MEN Maxi-Series, Expanding DARK KNIGHTS: METAL

Comment

• These dark multiverse oneshots are basically DC's version of What If?.

Don't they do anything in their own main continuity anymore? I feel like DC is stuck in Groundhog Day with Bill Murray, and we're all trapped reading Flashpoint tie ins over and over in a perpetual loop.

Comment

• So how long until they announce the Dark Multiverse version of Emerald Twilight?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                          So how long until they announce the Dark Multiverse version of Emerald Twilight?
                          When I first started skimming the article, I fully expected to find it it the list. Probably something like, ' What would have happened if Sinestro won the 1 on 1 combat with Hal Jordan on Oa?'.

Comment

• What if Parallax had possessed Sinestro during Emerald Twilight instead of Hal?

Comment

• What if Parallax murdered Major Force before he fridges Kyle's gf? By holy comic rules, her destiny would have been that she got chosen as the vessel for Ion which drove her power mad and caused the destruction of Earth and have of the inhabited planets of the universe.

Comment

• Ellis and Hitch Reunite for the Dark Knight's 80th Anniversary

The Authority on Superhero Comics Get Into Batman’s Head…and Grave
                                Warren Ellis and Bryan Hitch, one of the most legendary creative partnerships in modern comic book history, reunite this fall for The Batman’s Grave, a twelve-issue monthly DC maxi-series about life, death and the questions most are too afraid to ask. The team that brought us The Authority now turn their talents towards The World’s Greatest Detective, whose current case forces him to inhabit the mind of a murder victim with a half-eaten face—without filling the empty grave next to those of his parents.
                                But first, Ellis and Hitch get into the mind of a butler. Once a week, rain or shine, Alfred Pennyworth walks to a little cemetery plot in the Wayne Manor grounds. He meticulously tends to Thomas and Martha’s headstones, plinths and slabs: weeding, cleaning, polishing. But how much longer before there’s another Wayne memorial to tend to?
                                “My very first work at DC was two issues of Legends of the Dark Knight,” begins Ellis, “so it’s been twenty-five years since I did a full-length story with the Batman. I’ve decided to revisit the crime scene where my career in American comics began, and I’m so grateful that my old comrade Bryan Hitch is doing this midnight run with me. It’s been too many years since we last did a long campaign together.”

Within this dynamic duo’s new comic lives a Batman with an almost psychotic identification with murder victims. He immerses himself in their lives and obsesses over every detail of their deaths. Even as Batman would process the evidence and approach the perpetrator from one side, he would live inside the life of the victim as they approached their death.
                                “I’ve drawn some covers and used Batman in Justice League and JLA,” continues Hitch, “but since I read Jim Aparo and Don Newton’s Batman runs in the 80’s I’ve wanted to do a proper, big Batman story. Fellow Authoritarian Warren Ellis had one to tell, so when he mentioned it I said ‘yes’ before even asking what it was about. That’s what you do when Warren says ‘I’ve got a proper, big Batman story.’ It’s been over twenty years since we changed Superhero comics together, and now we get to give Batman the fight of his life.”

The Batman’s Grave #1, written by Warren Ellis with art by Bryan Hitch and Kevin Nowlan, debuts in comic book stores and online retailers on Wednesday, October 9 with a cover by Hitch and a variant cover by JeeHyung Lee. For more news and updates on the World’s Greatest Super Heroes, visit www.dccomics.com, the DC YouTube channel or follow @DCComics on social media.

Comment

Working...
                                X