Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introduction

Hey all,

I'm a lifelong DC fan who started reading comics at age 11. My favorite Earthman is undoubtedly the Crazy One. I think I actually came to GL by way of Guy's appearance in Jaime Reyes's Blue Beetle forever ago. I jumped into Tomasi's GLC from there, as well as Johns's GL run from Rebirth on. The universe kind of peaked for me with Sinestro Corps War, and I only very recently relented in continuing on to Blackest Night. Once the N52 Nightmare (they should have just called that the Blackest Night) came around, I didn't read DC so much, so I've large gaps in knowledge of what's happened with the mythos since then, but from what I gather, it was nonstop events stressing the emotional spectrum, corps war after corps war, and "entity" shenanigans.

I'm reading through War of the Green Lanterns now and will be following it up with vol. 4 of Venditti's GLC. I'm just being selective now, since there's nowhere to go but down...
    How do you guys feel about how Rebirth has treated the Green Lantern universe? I was really hoping to come back, but apparently it's more Johns concepts?

Welcome to the GLC forums!

Comment

One of us! One of us! Gooble gobble, gooble gobble!

I'm still reading both GL titles. It's not a great time for GL, but I still like reading 'em. You might want to try the first arc after Rebirth and see what you like.
      Space Cop
      The Dandy
      Last edited by Space Cop; 08-13-2017, 12:04 PM.

Comment

Thanks, guys!
        Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        You might want to try the first arc after Rebirth and see what you like.
        Yeah, I probably will. It will be interesting to see what they do with it, considering how much things have changed.

Comment

Welcome!

I'd just read the Rebirth one-shots for books to see if you're interested in the current direction. Some of the set-up is pretty whack. Guy has had some moments though...

~//V\\~

Comment

Welcome to the boards!

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Howdy & good luck.

Comment

Working...
                X