Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "It" to get director's cut

Sweet!

Also, Entertainment Weekly has a special collector's edition magazine out, "The Ultimate Guide to Stephen King." Grabbed mine off the magazine rack in the books/mags section of the market.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• 15 more minutes? I'm up for that. I saw It a second time this week and enjoyed even more than the first time.

Comment

• Jamie Lee Curtis is now going to be in next year's 11th Halloween movie.

Comment

• I hear Laurie Strode's name is being changed to reflect her appropriately, and so will now be called Laurie Old.

Comment

• So is Michael supposed to be 61 in Halloween 11?

Comment

• Why not? Don't discount the seniors. In addition to his other powers, he will now be backing out of his driveway without looking.

Comment

• I wonder if he's a registered member of AARS (American Association of Retired Slashers)?

Comment

• Found this article on It: Chapter 2

Comment

• Bad news, guys: my older sister is no longer a part of the family.

She doesn't like the new It, so I told her she can forget Christmas gifts this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      Bad news, guys: my older sister is no longer a part of the family.

She doesn't like the new It, so I told her she can forget Christmas gifts this year.
                      Update: both her and her husband hate the new It. We got into a pretend argument via text messages because I like the new film as much as the miniseries.

Speaking of, my parents and I just watched the first half or so of it, really brings back the memories (we had to stop when Beverly escapes her old home after returning, we'll resume tomorrow).

Seeing it again refreshes a lot of age-diminished memories, like how the pharmacist Mr. Keene tried to help Eddie, or how the goddamn Cancer Man from The X-Files was the school principal. I also took major note of how The Turtle is pretty much directly referred to when Adult Mike tells Adult Bill he had a sudden urge to buy a bike repair kit months before he even saw Bill's old bike, and how some kind of force was guiding them all that summer.

And apparently the miniseries altered the timeline too, because Georgie dies in 1960 with the rest of the childhood section being in 1963 instead of '58. They still keep the 27 year rule, because the adult section is in 1990, when the miniseries was made. They also put the Losers and bullies together in class, which makes little sense because they're several years apart (but hey, that teacher didn't take any shit from Henry!).

Watching the first showdown with Pennywise in the sewers was great, especially when he almost gets Stan and Eddie melts his fucking face (one of my favorite scenes). When the bullies get taken down, I forgot how Belch died, but only slightly, same with Morris (apparently they change it from Victor, but I think he shows up as a guise for the clown when Bowers escapes the asylum later, I'll have to check tomorrow).

Overall having a great time revisiting this classic, and if the order of the novel my mom placed through Amazon ever shows up, I'll enjoy that as well.

Comment

• By the way guys, is there a post-credit scene in It? I'll probably go see it with the fam this week or next. Do I have to stay?
                        I stayed for a mid-credit scene of Annabelle: Creation only to leave, get home, and find out there was also a post-credit scene (building to 2018's Nun movie).

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                        ...Overall having a great time revisiting this classic, and if the order of the novel my mom placed through Amazon ever shows up, I'll enjoy that as well.
                        I forget. Are you reading it for the first time or re-reading it? I really liked it, but I read it I think when I was High School (which is now nearing 20 years).
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 09-16-2017, 08:58 PM.

Comment

• I haven't heard anything of a credits scene in It (2017), but I've avoided any number of articles about it, even spoiler-light/free ones. Other than checking Google, only way to know is to stay.

And I've never read the book, though I know a fair bit of it. I just know it'll take me a long-ass while to read it since it's ten million pages long (and I'm also now interested in reading The Stand, uncut version, which is a phone book as well).

Comment

• Just watched The Last Horror Movie (2003) and was pleasantly surprised. I think I read about it in Fangoria and forgot about it.

The premise is that you've rented a horror movie and this guy taped over it with a confessional, bio, and examples of his serial killer life. It's fairly cheap, but quite clever, imho.

I haven't heard anything of a credits scene in It (2017), but I've avoided any number of articles about it, even spoiler-light/free ones. Other than checking Google, only way to know is to stay.
                            Ah. I should've realized when you didn't post a review but I guess I assumed since you were sure your sister was wrong that you had seen it.

And I've never read the book, though I know a fair bit of it. I just know it'll take me a long-ass while to read it since it's ten million pages long (and I'm also now interested in reading The Stand, uncut version, which is a phone book as well).
                            Yeah, I just read one of those a few months ago. It had a lot of detail and I got bogged down. IIRC, I read It somewhat quickly, but I was young.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              Why not? Don't discount the seniors. In addition to his other powers, he will now be backing out of his driveway without looking.
                              This time he's "chasing" down whipper-snappers with a cane.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                                Ah. I should've realized when you didn't post a review but I guess I assumed since you were sure your sister was wrong that you had seen it.
                                I did post a review of It (2017), I'm pretty sure, but I didn't stay once the credits rolled because it was getting late and I wanted to get home and go to bed.

Comment

Working...
                                X