No announcement yet.

The Star Wars Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Solo was decent, if a bit by the numbers. I didn't hate it but it was on Netflix so I watched it. I liked it more than TLJ.

I will probably see ep9 with my family in the theater, but no one has given it much thought yet.

Comment

• Solo was ok. Not a bad movie at all, it just didnt feel like an important event like Star Wars does. Whether I like the movie in the end or not, the rest of the movies at least feel like I am seeing something special. Solo was just a movie.

Comment

• I actually loved Solo and Rogue One; I'm much more into the classic SW trilogy era, but honestly I'll take it all, even the prequels, even the Ewoks tv specials. I've enjoyed the new episodes, not nearly as much as the classics, there were definitely some hiccups with the last outing, but I get hyped for each one.

With that said I really can't wait for The Mandalorian. I've been obsessed with Boba Fett for a while, and was really disappointed SW 1313 never came out. I'm glad they are recycling some of those concepts into this new series. It looks dope.
        http://cropsycrypt.blogspot.com/

Comment

• The Mandalorian looks great. I'm really looking forward to it.

Comment

• Alan Batson tribute

Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• A couple good videos in my subscription for May the 4th yesterday. The first is Pixel Dan's (with guest Toy Galaxy) look at the 90's line "Power of the Force" and the second is Dark Corners' first video about the buildup to Ep.1.

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
              ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 05-09-2019, 12:47 PM.

Comment

• https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/05...arting-in-2022

This is either the Benioff/Weiss trilogy or the Rian Johnson trilogy. While I suppose whichever one it isn't could be slated for the odd years in-between these, those would be the years where Disney's new acquisition Fox has slated their Avatar sequels. And I doubt that Disney will be cannibalizing their own ticket sales after Infinity War ripped Solo a new one at the box office last year.

Comment

• I think it's the Benioff/Weiss trilogy. That Johnson project will likely get downsized, moved to the streaming service, or quietly scrapped down the road. They won't say so now to save face.

Comment

• ^I think I might give up on even catching up with all that stuff. My family and I begrudgingly watched Episodes 7 and 8 and will likely Netflix 9 some day for completion's sake, but I really don't care at all about a whole new generation of characters. As it is, I don't even remember the new names.

Comment

• don't know if this wa posted yet but

+ YouTube Video

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                        don't know if this was posted yet but
                        That was neat to see and well done. In light of the preqs, the OT fights seem slow, but I always liked that the Obi/Vader duel was so minimal. Lucas heavily copied Kurosawa and the Jedi were largely modeled on samurai. Those guys were all into minimal movements. Supposedly there were samurai who prided themselves on being able to defeat an opponent without fully unsheathing their katana. I take that fight in that sense. These guys have so honed their craft that they don't need fancy moves and jumps; they put it all in a few inches.

On an unrelated topic, here's a fun little clip of Mayhew actually speaking with his voice as Chewie on ESB's Hoth set:

+ YouTube Video
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 05-09-2019, 03:20 PM.

Comment

• That lightsaber scene was fun to watch.

Comment

• Yo.

http://collider.com/star-wars-9-knig...etails-images/

‘Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker’ to Bring the Knights of Ren Back into Action

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Yo.

+ YouTube Video

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• ^"Poor Han."

Comment

Working...
                                X