Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Kyle Hook Up With Carol?!? He does.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Iggy View Post
    Carol is Hal's woman.
    No, she's not. Cowgirl is Hal's woman. Carol is single.

Comment

I care about the love intrests in Green Lantern books about as much as I care about,How Clean Alfred keeps the Bat cave. I would be dissipointed in Kyle. She seems a little old for him. I think it would be a diss to Kyle. And lets be honest hassn't the kid suffered enough?
      Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaegrin View Post
        No, she's not. Cowgirl is Hal's woman. Carol is single.
        Cowgirl is a rock, a rock that deserves to be thrown off a hill and never heard from again!

Comment

When was the last time Cowgirl even fucking appeared in a comic book?!

Comment

Blackest Night 1, and it should say that way!

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
              Blackest Night 1, and it should say that way!
              Two fucking years ago.

And I know I know... it's only been like three weeks in DCU time... but come the fuck on.

Fans are expected to not see characters for two calendar years and remember that they're out there and mean something to the man characters but I can't get a little miffed when other details are written completely inconsistently within a three story arc?

Comment

I remember there was time pre-crisis where so many villains and supporting cast would disappear for years (sometimes more than ten years), and then suddenly randomly show up without any explanation as to why.
                Mister.Weirdo
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 09-01-2012, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                  I remember there was time pre-crisis where so many villains and supporting cast would disapear for years (sometimes more than ten years), and then suddenly randomly show up without any explanation as to why.
                  I'm fine with characters not showing up...

but if I'm expected to believe/remember that Cowgirl is "Hal's Girl" then she can't go missing for two full years.

Especially when those two years have been chock full of Hal & Carol constantly being on the verge of talking about how much they want to bone in space.

If Kyle hooks up with Carol and if the unwashed masses enjoy it then I'm officially done with comic books again and this board.

There I said it.

Comment

The only girl I really liked in the new Vol is the one night stand girl. Can't we get more of that? Everyone says that Hal is this slick ladies man,yet he sure seems to do alot of pining over girls. That is pretty bad for a love em and leave em rep.
                    Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
                      I'm fine with characters not showing up...

but if I'm expected to believe/remember that Cowgirl is "Hal's Girl" then she can't go missing for two full years.

Especially when those two years have been chock full of Hal & Carol constantly being on the verge of talking about how much they want to bone in space.

If Kyle hooks up with Carol and if the unwashed masses enjoy it then I'm officially done with comic books again and this board.

There I said it.
                      Cowgirl is much of Hal's Girl, as the next one is!

Comment

Originally posted by Vaegrin View Post
                        I can certainly understand wanting Kyle to stay with Sora, or wanting him to be single.
                        I just want him to be a Green Lantern again and stop being a Ken doll.
                        Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                          I just want him to be a Green Lantern again and stop being a Ken doll.
                          but but but.... think of all the outfits and accessories!!!

Comment

but but but.... think of all the outfits and accessories!!!
                            You wouldn't think there would be much crossover between comic book creators and Sex in the City fans.
                            Goodbye Christopher Hitchins 1949 - 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Bolerathon View Post
                              You wouldn't think there would be much crossover between comic book creators and Sex in the City fans.
                              It all stems from the same "hoarding/collecting" center of the brain.

Fashion, sports, comic books, religions..... every devoted fan base has a cluster of zealots who fixate on the superficial elements.

Comment

It all stems from the same "hoarding/collecting" center of the brain.

Fashion, sports, comic books, religions..... every devoted fan base has a cluster of zealots who fixate on the superficial elements.
                                Costumes are a superficial element of a comic book . . . but come on. So is the art. The pretty (and superficial) pictures are a major part of why we read comic books and watch movies with big budget special effects. If you want fiction that doesn't focus on such "superficial" elements, read a novel. I suggest The Lies of Locke Lamora, by Scott Lynch. Its characters are great, and it doesn't even have a love story in it!

And as for love interests . . . you're not really suggesting that relationships are a superficial element of comics, are you? Human relationships, including romantic ones, are part of what makes fictional characters relatable. Love interests are a nonessential but compelling means of character development. Which is why almost love interests are a central part of almost every major superhero's story and virtually every successful superhero movie.

Given the state of Green Lantern comic books the last two or three years, I would expect you to be interested in more of a focus on relationships, not less.

Comment

Working...
                                X