Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official Green Lantern movie casting thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official Green Lantern movie casting thread.

So what is going on with THE GREEN LANTERN movie?
    Not much has been heard about the film since they cast Ryan Reynolds as Hal Jordan/Green Lantern and the production was pulled out of Australia.

Well, I did my usual snooping around and I was able to nail down who the five candidates are for the role of CAROL FERRIS – Hal Jordan’s love interest in the film.

Per the script, Carol Ferris (27) is the daughter of aerospace mogul Carl Ferris. She works for her dad’s company FERRIS AIR, got an MBA, and has a lifetime crush on Hal Jordan.

According to my sources, the five candidates are:

1) James Bond heartbreaker EVA GREEN

2) The voice of DC’s animated WONDWER WOMAN film KERI RUSSELL

3) Helen of TROY’s DIANE KRUGER

4) Gossip girl’s BLAKE LIVELY

5) and JENNIFER GARNER

So who do you guys think will get the part? Tough call, but IN MY OPINION I personally think it’s between Diane Kruger and Keri Russell.

Both Kruger and Russell are the same age as Ryan Reynolds (33).
    via LR

I vote for Eva Green or Diane Kruger.

Say cheese!

Comment

I vote Kruger. Too bad Rose Byrne apparently is off the radar now.
      "My mind is deluged with thoughts of Heaven and Hell,
      Crime and Punishment, Damnation and Redemption. Hal
      Jordan... And The Spectre.

I'm dead, yet I live. I have no identity. Yet I know
      who I am. And once again I've been given power enough
      to change the world. This time, Lord...
      Let me be worthy."

Comment

Jennifer Garner for Carol Ferris

Comment

If Rose is out of the running I definitely would support Eva Green because she feels most like Carol from those choices...

Comment

None of these ladies are who I would cast. Out of the five, I guess I'd go with Eva Green. Jennifer Garner is the bottom of the barrel on this list .

Comment

I'd go with Kruger. My last choice would be Gardner as well.

Comment

Eh... I don't know. I'm indifferent about all of those choices -- but then again, I'm indifferent about most Hollywood hotties. They all look like the same over-makeuped, over-sexualized young woman to me. Put them in a line-up, and I wouldn't be able to match most of the names to the faces.

I am, however, happy to note that most of these women (with the notable exception of Jennifer Garner) are names that have been below my radar up until this point. That's better than just immediately trying to grab whoever's hottest in the tabloids at the moment.

Irrelevant observation: that particular picture of Eva Green is not very flattering.

Comment

Those are all great choices.

Comment

Originally posted by Willpower View Post
                    I vote for Eva Green or Diane Kruger.
                    Same here. If Garner gets the role I'll be pissed. I can't stand here.

Comment

Yeah, Garner's probably the weakest link there. She can do cute real well, but never, ever have I ever gotten the impression she can do commandingly bitchy and come off convincingly.

Comment

Lets go Diane, Eva, Blake, Jen.
                        Figures for Sale/Trade: DCUC/DCD/Green Lantern Related *CHEAP*
                        Formally known as TMarcumUSN (or "Marcus" freakin' Bruce Castle haha)

I'm a leaf on the wind...

Comment

I would choose Eva Green or Keri Russel, (but I saw Keri only in Kick it with Samba and Scrubs..), Livley would make a good cowgirl,or not?

Comment

Eva Green, I really don't like any of the other choices for Carol. I like Diane Kruger, just don't see her playing Carol.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Eva Green, Keri Russell, Diane Kruger or Jennifer Garner any of them could play Carol Ferris IMO. I think Blake Lively is too young for Carol.
                              GreenLantern888
                              Alpha-Lantern
                              Last edited by GreenLantern888; 12-21-2009, 12:21 PM.
                              No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

Comment

Working...
                              X