Getting over on stores?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sylent_asassin View Post
    I haven't scaled in years (since Light of Destruction) because I'd probably get bad Karma from it... and yeah, scaling is working the system since the game isn't balanced. Most think Yugioh is a kids game, but it's a game for people with money... and the people with the most expensive cards usually win.
    Doesn't like much of a fair game then. It sounds like the American legal system.
    You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

I haven't scaled in years (since Light of Destruction) because I'd probably get bad Karma from it... and yeah, scaling is working the system since the game isn't balanced. Most think Yugioh is a kids game, but it's a game for people with money... and the people with the most expensive cards usually win.
      I scaled back at Duelist Pack Aster (was that his name? The one with all the Destiny Heroes) I got the two rarest ones and immediately sold them for $60 a pop
      Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Doesn't like much of a fair game then. It sounds like the American legal system.
      www.instantrimshot.com

It's true too
      [center]

Originally posted by W.West
      DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Is anyone in the practice of getting over on stores?

Meaning buying something, using it for a bit and then returning it?

I remember The Simpsons episode:

I've seen DC toys that are part of the "Connect and Collect" Series on store pegs with the missing "C & C" parts. Appearently there are people buying the figure and returning without the C&C part.

And getting back to Homer Simpson, I think what he did in that episode is shady and unethical. It's like renting something and not paying any rental fee. Yes, you're getting over, but it's bad karma.
        Guilty as charged, as well ... But, haven't done it in a very long time ... I paid my penance for my sins though ... I worked 16+ years in retail management after the last time ...

Comment

Had to think about this, but I used my buddies receipt to return my Xbox 360 to a Sam's Club. Had the RROD, took it back and actually made money off of it.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Originally posted by bOB spelled backwards View Post
            Guilty as charged, as well ... But, haven't done it in a very long time ... I paid my penance for my sins though ... I worked 16+ years in retail management after the last time ...
            yeah, that's karma.
            You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
              I scaled back at Duelist Pack Aster (was that his name? The one with all the Destiny Heroes) I got the two rarest ones and immediately sold them for $60 a pop
              The last duelist pack I scaled was the one that had Card Trooper. I sold/traded those for $30 a pop.

The current Yugioh set (STON) is great for scaling. There are some high-dollar cards that could make you a good amount of cash.

Comment

It's not really a fair game. The people with the most expensive cards normally win. In addition, if you know people, you can influence judges to rule in your favor during tournaments.

Comment

In my experience, in the UK you can't return an item without a receipt,except for own-brand items.
                  Minimum space distance:
                  a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                  ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

I don't remember ever doing this myself, but I new a couple of guys that would do this...all day!

They would start early in the day and go as long as they could. They would buy new Super Nintendo games at one store (at sale prices) and return them to another store for a larger refund. They did this for a while, I rode along with them on a few of their adventures...interesting.
                    "This is the strangest life I've ever known" The Doors
                    "What is this but my reflection, who am I to judge or strike you down?" TOOL
                    "I will move away from here, you won't be afraid of fear" Nirvana
                    "Don't disturb the beast" A Perfect Circle
                    *Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.*

Comment

I can honestly say I have never done this the closest I've done is if I find a variant cover at a book store I'll check the net for values and see if it's worth picking up for once price to make a profit off someone looking for that variant.

Comment

The last duelist pack I scaled was the one that had Card Trooper. I sold/traded those for $30 a pop.
                        Dude, I think you got ripped off. Doesn't Card Trooper go for 60-ish?
                        [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                        DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

Never done this, though I have a tradition amongst stores. For some odd reason, whenever there's a grand opening of a store, I have to be the first person ever to use their bathroom for a huge, raging poop. For reals, it started like six years ago when I popped several crapper cherries at a local mall, but back then it was like, one big ka-winky-dink. Then after I realized, it became sort of a hilarious obsession.
                          Scythe
                          The Red Lantern
                          Last edited by Scythe; 03-19-2011, 12:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scythe View Post
                            Never done this, though I have a tradition amongst stores. For some odd reason, whenver there's a grand opening of a store, I have to be the first person ever to use their bathroom for a huge, raging poop. For reals, it started like six years ago when I popped several crapper cherries at a local mall, but back then it was like, one big ka-winky-dink. Then after I realized, it became sort of a hilarious obsession.
                            That's simply POOPtastic !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kuhan View Post
                              Dude, I think you got ripped off. Doesn't Card Trooper go for 60-ish?
                              Nah, it topped at $40. I undersold the cards to move them faster. Considering the pack was only $1, I was really getting over.

Card Trooper now is about $12 for the Ultra rare. They limited the card to 1 per deck several formats ago and raised it to two last format. They also made it a common in some Structure deck.

Comment

Nerds.

She blinded me with SCIENCE!

Comment

Working...
                                X